Saturday is an unreal sports day | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday is an unreal sports day

Obviously, don't worry about finding an '02.

Probably past its peak, anyway ...

tumblr_inline_mqcr3b9enm1qz4rgp.gif

A barolo, a couple cab-merlot's, a couple s-b's, an amarone, another barolo ... I have to save the last two for when she comes home. That way I don't catch nearly as much grief :)

s-b? What is that?

Assume, based on what else you bought, that the cab-merlot is a Super Tuscan?

Last week my mother was in town and missed most of the Saturday games. So I was looking forward to this Saturday.

My son was out sick the first two days this week. What does he bring home? A permission slip to be in Christmas Parade for his school on Saturday. What are the times? He has to be there at 4:00PM...parade doesn't start until 7!!!

WHO THE HECK SCHEDULES A CHRISTMAS PARADE ON FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY?!?! And I am supposed to be living in football country down here!!

Yes, of course we are going...wouldn't miss something like that for my son unless I was dead...however it's the principle of the matter of scheduling the parade. Another town here in my area scheduled their parade for late morning/early afternoon...what, is there some friggin rule or law that you can't have two parades going on at the same time in a certain radius?!?!

s-b? What is that?

Assume, based on what else you bought, that the cab-merlot is a Super Tuscan?

Sauvignon Blanc. Solid food wine, Kiwi s-b's are also good sipping fare. I'm particularly taken with Mondavi's fume blanc, which is a drier s-b. The cab-merlots are from the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, one of the best kept secrets in the wine business. Excellent value for the dollar with well made wines from places like Mission Hill, Grey Monk, Quail's gate.

And I didn't mention I also picked up an Argentine malbec from Luigi Borsca.

Last week my mother was in town and missed most of the Saturday games. So I was looking forward to this Saturday.

My son was out sick the first two days this week. What does he bring home? A permission slip to be in Christmas Parade for his school on Saturday. What are the times? He has to be there at 4:00PM...parade doesn't start until 7!!!

WHO THE HECK SCHEDULES A CHRISTMAS PARADE ON FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY?!?! And I am supposed to be living in football country down here!!

Yes, of course we are going...wouldn't miss something like that for my son unless I was dead...however it's the principle of the matter of scheduling the parade. Another town here in my area scheduled their parade for late morning/early afternoon...what, is there some friggin rule or law that you can't have two parades going on at the same time in a certain radius?!?!

Watched SU beat Clemson on my phone while attending my daughter's HS orchestra concert. Many parents were recording it (the concert!) - so the crowd was filled with the backlights from phones. It gave me decent cover, but everyone sitting behind me was appropriately disappointed that a parent would ever stoop so low.

After every concert I make a point to tell her how great she played. Of course she, and everyone within earshot, responds - 'it's an orchestra - you can't tell how she played!' Well, I had the game muted and was able to listen to the concert perfectly. What am I supposed to be watching, my daughter move her violin bow up and down?

Fine. I am a bad person. (When I confessed to her what I had done, and of course the result of the game - she gave me a fist bump.)

Sauvignon Blanc. Solid food wine, Kiwi s-b's are also good sipping fare. I'm particularly taken with Mondavi's fume blanc, which is a drier s-b. The cab-merlots are from the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, one of the best kept secrets in the wine business. Excellent value for the dollar with well made wines from places like Mission Hill, Grey Monk, Quail's gate.

And I didn't mention I also picked up an Argentine malbec from Luigi Borsca.

ok..since everything else was a barolo or amarone, I assumed it was all Italian...

You should try some stuff from the south (Puglia & Campania) and the islands (Sicily & Sardegna)...some really great wines at much more reasonable prices...

Not as majestic as the brunellos, barolos, barbarescos and amarones but Southern Italy makes some really good wines...

You should also try the Bekaa valley in Lebanon...some really great wines from there as well...

ok..since everything else was a barolo or amarone, I assumed it was all Italian...

You should try some stuff from the south (Puglia & Campania) and the islands (Sicily & Sardegna)...some really great wines at much more reasonable prices...

Not as majestic as the brunellos, barolos, barbarescos and amarones but Southern Italy makes some really good wines...

You should also try the Bekaa valley in Lebanon...some really great wines from there as well...

Okay, why not? It's all on the list. Tell me, do the shell fragments from the USS New Jersey in the soil in the Bekaa add to the terroir there? :D

GgDPkTO.jpg

Watched SU beat Clemson on my phone while attending my daughter's HS orchestra concert. Many parents were recording it (the concert!) - so the crowd was filled with the backlights from phones. It gave me decent cover, but everyone sitting behind me was appropriately disappointed that a parent would ever stoop so low.

After every concert I make a point to tell her how great she played. Of course she, and everyone within earshot, responds - 'it's an orchestra - you can't tell how she played!' Well, I had the game muted and was able to listen to the concert perfectly. What am I supposed to be watching, my daughter move her violin bow up and down?

Fine. I am a bad person. (When I confessed to her what I had done, and of course the result of the game - she gave me a fist bump.)

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    855.6 KB · Views: 38
My watch begins at 5:30

I thought you made that up, LOL! And the article had decent descriptions of what those varietals should be like, and thus good descriptions of what was missing. A friend of mine used to make wines, and the descriptions given by the author were fairly close to what my buddy made. Although hs cabs and merlot's were not quite that bad, and he did better with blends.

Last edited:

Tonight (Friday) I cracked one of these to go with some butternut squash lasagne. It's a delight at $25 Cdn. :)

ripassa-up_29efda20581a8aab604dc56a82ada7d9.png

Ripassa Valpolicella Ripasso DOC Superiore

You have basically four elite 8 games in college football...
12:30 pm Oklahoma vs TCU
4:00 pm Georgia vs Auburn
8:00 pm Clemson vs. Miami
8:00 pm Ohio State vs. Wisconsin

And obviously the main event...
5:30 pm Syracuse vs. Kansas hoops

I'm telling my wife today that unless you need me to drive someone to the emergency room, I'm unavailable all day. Actually scratch that, my tax dollars pay for 9-1-1.

So true, grt call. Happy belated b-day, btw.

44cusr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom