Save the Date: Orangeyes Open, August 30th 2014 | Syracusefan.com

Save the Date: Orangeyes Open, August 30th 2014

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
We have all talked about ways to remember Orangeyes, to honor his life, the values he stood for and to pay tribute to someone so many loved. This post is to let everyone know that we are going to have a tournament to honor Dan and to raise money to fight ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease, an awful disease that plagued Dan for the last 20 years or so of his life (perhaps longer).

We have scheduled the tournament for Saturday August 30th at Foxfire, one of the best public courses in Onondaga County, located not far from the village of Baldwinsville. The starting time has not been determined yet...it will be determined in large part based on what the optimal time is for most of the people that plan to attend. Since the Villanova game will be played the night before, we are thinking an early afternoon start is probably going to make the most sense, so people can sleep late after the long day Friday.

Cost hasn't been determined yet either but it will probably be in the $80 to $100 range. For that money, you will get a hot dog or burger at the turn, along with a drink, 18 holes of golf with a cart and a nice dinner afterward. We plan to have some special guests attend and a blind auction with some great gifts, many of which will be SU related. And we will celebrate the life of Orangeyes as well.

We need to get a headcount of how many people will attend ASAP, along with your preferred starting time for the tournament, so if this is something that is of interest to you, please respond to this thread quickly. If you want to play but aren't a good golfer, sign up. Don't worry about it. This is designed to be a fun event. If you don't have a foursome, don't worry about it. We will pair you up with some good people. Those who don't golf but want to attend dinner can and will be accommodated for a much reduced fee. Let us know if you just want to attend the dinner and speakers afterwards.

We are calling the event the Orangeyes Open. The plan is to make this an annual event that will bring board members and other friends of Dan together once a year. I hope to see many of you there.

Regards.

-Tom

P.S. We are looking for a logo for the tournament. If one of the talented graphics designer on the board is willing to design one of us, it would be greatly appreciated. Please EZ Inbox me if you have any ideas...

Would love to play, but will be out of town that day. Awesome idea!!

We have all talked about ways to remember Orangeyes, to honor his life, the values he stood for and to pay tribute to someone so many loved. This post is to let everyone know that we are going to have a tournament to honor Dan and to raise money to fight ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease, an awful disease that plagued Dan for the last 20 years or so of his life (perhaps longer).

We have scheduled the tournament for Saturday August 30th at Foxfire, one of the best public courses in Onondaga County, located not far from the village of Baldwinsville. The starting time has not been determined yet...it will be determined in large part based on what the optimal time is for most of the people that plan to attend. Since the Villanova game will be played the night before, we are thinking an early afternoon start is probably going to make the most sense, so people can sleep late after the long day Friday.

Cost hasn't been determined yet either but it will probably be in the $80 to $100 range. For that money, you will get a hot dog or burger at the turn, along with a drink, 18 holes of golf with a cart and a nice dinner afterward. We plan to have some special guests attend and a blind auction with some great gifts, many of which will be SU related. And we will celebrate the life of Orangeyes as well.

We need to get a headcount of how many people will attend ASAP, along with your preferred starting time for the tournament, so if this is something that is of interest to you, please respond to this thread quickly. If you want to play but aren't a good golfer, sign up. Don't worry about it. This is designed to be a fun event. If you don't have a foursome, don't worry about it. We will pair you up with some good people. Those who don't golf but want to attend dinner can and will be accommodated for a much reduced fee. Let us know if you just want to attend the dinner and speakers afterwards.

We are calling the event the Orangeyes Open. The plan is to make this an annual event that will bring board members and other friends of Dan together once a year. I hope to see many of you there.

Regards.

-Tom

P.S. We are looking for a logo for the tournament. If one of the talented graphics designer on the board is willing to design one of us, it would be greatly appreciated. Please EZ Inbox me if you have any ideas...

Foxfire is where my old boss works! Mike Tanzella handles Pasta's On The Green. Great guy and I'm glad to hear this is where it is. TomCat if there is anything I can do let me know -- I live 10 minutes from the course

Regards.

-Tom

Also -- I'm no golfer. I will definitely come stop by! Let me know what you need from me

Regards.

-Tom

Tom Cat -- I have attached a request form if you are interested. You can fill this out if you're interested in getting something to auction off!

Attachments

• Student-Athlete Autograph Request Form Edit.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Student-Athlete Autograph Request Form Edit.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
i could almost certainly get a 4some together if there is enough interest overall to get enough teams.

PS - i wish it wasnt holiday weekend.
The week after wouldve been fantastic.

I'm thinking that I won't be able to make the golf but could probably make the dinner/auction.

Working on a foursome. I'll let you know ASAP.

J. Slater

I'm good for at least a twosome. Waiting to hear back on another two guys to fill out the foursome.

Regards.

-Tom

Definitely count me in. Afternoon is my preference and you know Im happy to help with anything. Might I also suggest the Orangeyes "Hard Nosed" Open as another option for the event name.

Great idea Tom. Im in for the dinner and events after the golf for sure. I havent golfed in well over a decade + so I think it might make sense for me to skip that part.

I'd also like to add that I'd be more than happy (and honored) to help in any way whether it be setting up, coordinating, etc.

The only thing I probably won't be much help with is taking things down as I may be inebriated by that point (Especially if I have to golf with CuseTroop). :)

Definitely count me in. Afternoon is my preference and you know Im happy to help with anything. Might I also suggest the Orangeyes "Hard Nosed" Open as another option for the event name.

I'm not sure how the interest is so far, or how they're pairing up singles, but CuseTroop and I have 3 if you'd like to be part of the most fun team out there.

OrangeTown said:
I'm not sure how the interest is so far, or how they're pairing up singles, but CuseTroop and I have 3 if you'd like to be part of the most fun team out there.

Throw me on this squad...my liver has been misbehaving lately and needs to be punished.

I would LOVE to join in the event honoring Orangeyes but Mr. Boots has a baseball tournament in Buffalo.

edowd26 said:
I I want to play with these guys

If you wanna play with the cool kids, you gotta be a little quicker. We got our 4. You better still play tho, you're on my list of people that I will kill if I don't meet them this trip. You messed up last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom