Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble?

Why is Syracuse not participating in the Mohegan Sun bubble? It seems like the ideal situation and it’s very disappointing that we’re not part of it. I wonder what the reason is.
I have a feeling our schedule is going to stink

Why is Syracuse not participating in the Mohegan Sun bubble? It seems like the ideal situation and it’s very disappointing that we’re not part of it. I wonder what the reason is.
I believe the PS reported that Syracuse was expected to play in it a few weeks ago. Something must have changed their mind.

Season starts in less than a month and still teams in this country haven’t released their schedules.

With the rise in covid cases I don’t get why conferences just don’t wait till the fall semester ends and have bubbles where teams could play every other day for a month and get a majority of their conference schedules completed.

Like the NBA bubble. If the kids are out of classes this wouldn’t be an issue.

Official
DisguisedUnsightlyEagle-max-1mb.gif.cf.gif

for recruiting purposes, we need to dominate rutgers in both football and basketball. right now, that maybe a difficult order.

Remember when we were one of the highlight games in this series? Obviously COVID and travel played a role too.

for recruiting purposes, we need to dominate rutgers in both football and basketball. right now, that maybe a difficult order.

lol. Still thinking Rutgers hoops is a threat to us?

Remember when we were one of the highlight games in this series? Obviously COVID and travel played a role too.
Rutgers isn’t a bottom half Big Ten team.
This is an appropriate level matchup.
Rutgers has risen to half of the Big Ten.
With the pandemic this is the correct matchup as we won’t be too far away from campus.

It’s not like we are playing Northwestern and Penn State every year in this challenge.
Rutgers is probably a preseason top 25 ish team.

If JB doesn't want to leave NY besides to play Rutgers I am fine with it. We really should be minimizing all risk and playing in the dome as much as we can.

Here’s my unsolicited breakdownas an RU season ticket holder.

Rutgers was ranked for a lot of the season last year and returns more than 80% of their minutes. They also added a top 50 center. They will almost definitely be ranked when they play Cuse

Their offense is not impressive at all (KP adjO 72). They ran iso sets more than any other Big Ten team and have a difficult time from 3 and the stripe. They are a very big team so they create a lot of matchup problems all over the floor but they are more athletic than skilled (tons of missed put backs and bunnies, bad shooting percentages). They only have one player in their rotation under 6’4”. Shouldn’t be much of a problem for Cuse as they are also longs. They normally take many more shots than their opponents due to superior rebounding. When Rutgers gets out rebounded they have a very tough time winning.

OTOH their defense is very very good (KP adjD 6). They play almost exclusively tight man D. They have multiple lockdown defenders and are great at rebounding. Their freshman center Cliff Omoruy is a plus athlete and defender but he can only score at the rim. The defense should be improved overall

Rutgers wins when the game is ugly and low scoring. They struggled against sharpshooters last season so this isn’t their best matchup. They were also great at the RAC (18-1) but that’s because of the crowd. An empty RAC won’t have the same advantage.

This could go either way honestly. Rutgers will be favored by a couple points in the metrics but it’s a total toss up IMO

Here’s my unsolicited breakdownas an RU season ticket holder.

Rutgers was ranked for a lot of the season last year and returns more than 80% of their minutes. They also added a top 50 center. They will almost definitely be ranked when they play Cuse

Their offense is not impressive at all (KP adjO 72). They ran iso sets more than any other Big Ten team and have a difficult time from 3 and the stripe. They are a very big team so they create a lot of matchup problems all over the floor but they are more athletic than skilled (tons of missed put backs and bunnies, bad shooting percentages). They only have one player in their rotation under 6’4”. Shouldn’t be much of a problem for Cuse as they are also longs. They normally take many more shots than their opponents due to superior rebounding. When Rutgers gets out rebounded they have a very tough time winning.

OTOH their defense is very very good (KP adjD 6). They play almost exclusively tight man D. They have multiple lockdown defenders and are great at rebounding. Their freshman center Cliff Omoruy is a plus athlete and defender but he can only score at the rim. The defense should be improved overall

Rutgers wins when the game is ugly and low scoring. They struggled against sharpshooters last season so this isn’t their best matchup. They were also great at the RAC (18-1) but that’s because of the crowd. An empty RAC won’t have the same advantage.

This could go either way honestly. Rutgers will be favored by a couple points in the metrics but it’s a total toss up IMO
Thanks for the insight. I would have never imagined that I'd be at a point in early November where I'm still waiting on a schedule while being pumped for a matchup with RU.

2020 and all that.

They would have made it last year though
Ya they would have, and they probably will this year too, they have been the laughing stock of college basketball and we are a top ten program, if they beat us this year they aren't going to to start winning recruiting battles against us.

So one ACC-Big Ten game will likely be on ACCN each night. Since 7 games a day and no 2 games on Monday like typically.

It won’t be ours since it’s a Big Ten home game.
We will be on either ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU likely as the early game.

My guess is Penn State at Virginia Tech and Maryland at Clemson are on ACCN.

Be interesting to see if UNC comes back to normal. That matchup with Iowa could be interesting. I haven't really looked at much preseason info yet other than I know Iowa is supposed to be good.

Be interesting to see if UNC comes back to normal. That matchup with Iowa could be interesting. I haven't really looked at much preseason info yet other than I know Iowa is supposed to be good.
Iowa is the anti-Rutgers. Top offense (adjO 5) and total garbage defense(adjD 97) Iowa’s D has been last in the Big Ten by a mile for years now. Almost the entire team can shoot from pretty much anywhere but they are also completely unathletic and even bad offenses blow by them.

Iowa is the anti-Rutgers. Top offense (adjO 5) and total garbage defense(adjD 97) Iowa’s D has been last in the Big Ten by a mile for years now. Almost the entire team can shoot from pretty much anywhere but they are also completely unathletic and even bad offenses blow by them.

Trust me, my dad is an Iowa grad so I watch every game. Fran is definitely not known for his defensive coaching prowess. It's been that way his entire tenure at Iowa. It's like they consider it just something to do until they get the ball back.

So one ACC-Big Ten game will likely be on ACCN each night. Since 7 games a day and no 2 games on Monday like typically.

It won’t be ours since it’s a Big Ten home game.
We will be on either ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU likely as the early game.

My guess is Penn State at Virginia Tech and Maryland at Clemson are on ACCN.
In the past, those games were on ESPNU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom