Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble?

It will be interesting to see how much it looks like a normal conference schedule. I would guess there might be more conference games early in the season, and quite a bit of down time late in the season (maybe just 1 game scheduled a week for the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season), so there is some flexibility in the event some games are postponed.

With the 'just one positive test means the whole team can't play for 2 weeks rule', they better be making changes along these lines if they want to get a reasonable number of conference games in.

Curious to see if they stick to the matchups as previously announced or completely revamp the schedule like they did for football.

1605019595548.png

1605019603019.png

I don't see any gauntlet stretches on the schedule

Schedule based on ACC preseason rankings:

@ 13
@ 15
@ 2
@ 10
@ 4
@ 11
@ 6
@ 3
@ 1
@ 12

Play Georgetown on the final weekend like I have suggested.
The Big East needs a team off the last weekend as well.

Damn it’s almost like they are listening which if they are good.

Play Georgetown on the final weekend like I have suggested.
The Big East needs a team off the last weekend as well.

Damn it’s almost like they are listening which if they are good.
With COVID and its expected impact on the regular season, I don't think they are scheduling any games the final weekend.

It looks like they ended the regular season on 3/1. The ACC tournament is scheduled to start on 3/9, so they have a little more than a week to try and work in all the postponed games they are going to have.

I don't think it was a very thoughtful or intelligent way to schedule the games. I think they needed a 2 week buffer at the end of the season. It would be awkward if no games got cancelled and there was just nothing those last 2 weeks. But that isn't going to happen.

Too bad...there are going to be a lot of teams finishing the regular season with different conference games played.

Also, I was expecting them to try and build some road trips into the schedule to get 2 or 3 games in during one trip. That would seem to cut down on travel and risk. Only see the one at the end of the year with the games in Winston-Salem and Chapel Hill. Wasted opportunity.

I have the Georgetown game being played on Saturday, January 9th, as that is the only slot left open for an OOC game in January.

With COVID and its expected impact on the regular season, I don't think they are scheduling any games the final weekend.

It looks like they ended the regular season on 3/1. The ACC tournament is scheduled to start on 3/9, so they have a little more than a week to try and work in all the postponed games they are going to have.

I don't think it was a very thoughtful or intelligent way to schedule the games. I think they needed a 2 week buffer at the end of the season. It would be awkward if no games got cancelled and there was just nothing those last 2 weeks. But that isn't going to happen.

Too bad...there are going to be a lot of teams finishing the regular season with different conference games played.

Also, I was expecting them to try and build some road trips into the schedule to get 2 or 3 games in during one trip. That would seem to cut down on travel and risk. Only see the one at the end of the year with the games in Winston-Salem and Chapel Hill. Wasted opportunity.

I have the Georgetown game being played on Saturday, January 9th, as that is the only slot left open for an OOC game in January.

15 ACC teams means that someone doesn't have a dancing partner the last weekend. This year it's us.

Fri/Sat, March 5-6
Boston College at Miami
Pitt at Clemson
Virginia Tech at NC State
Georgia Tech at Wake Forest
Florida State at Notre Dame
Virginia at Louisville
Duke at North Carolina

ACC games scheduled for March 6.2021. Are you talking about the Big East?

Playing Georgetown the last weekend could be in the works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom