Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble?

First off, ND is located relatively close to all of those schools. Syracuse doesn’t have many good programs nearby. Heck, the only ranked programs in the NE are Nova and RU and Syracuse is playing RU on the road. UB is the second best program in NY and the best program within a couple hours of Syracuse.

The best way to keep the players healthy and get a full season in is to limit travel and stay at home as much as possible. Limit OOC games as much as possible to schools who can bus here. Syracuse is doing this. I think it makes a lot of sense. The ACC schedule is going to be very tough. We already have tough OOC games scheduled against RU, UB and Georgetown. Might book another tough opponent in our MTE.

That should position our SOS so the computers like us come tournament selection time. Props to ND for scheduling so aggressively. I don’t mind having some relatively easy games to give our bench a chance to play and see where everyone on the roster is at.
Thanks for the response. That all makes sense. I would have liked to have seen another old BE rival on the schedule, like Nova or St. John's, both of whom we are within driving distance of. I would say UConn, too, but I just can't stand Danny Hurley.

We usually have about 4-5 P5 teams in the non-conference, including an exempt tourney.
The maximum number of games this season went from the normal 29 or 31 to 25 or 27. Plus, the ACC schedule recently went from 18 to 20 games. Taken together, that reduces the number of possible OOC games by 6. Pretty significant.

wait I thought that Bryant game was locked in for the 27th?

Thanks for the response. That all makes sense. I would have liked to have seen another old BE rival on the schedule, like Nova or St. John's, both of whom we are within driving distance of. I would say UConn, too, but I just can't stand Danny Hurley.
Nova is playing UVa @ MSG in December (if the season doesn't fall apart by then). Apparently Jay Wright and Tony Bennett are good friends because we supposedly had our "secret scrimmage" against them a couple of times.

Last edited:
wait I thought that Bryant game was locked in for the 27th?
It is not yet listed on the cuse.com mens basketball schedule so for now, I think it is still unofficial.

My guess is that SU is leaving that weekend open for now in case it works out that time period ends up better for the MTE they are putting together.

Most have announced their MTEs by now. The number of available teams and dates has to be dwindling.

It is not yet listed on the cuse.com mens basketball schedule so for now, I think it is still unofficial.

My guess is that SU is leaving that weekend open for now in case it works out that time period ends up better for the MTE they are putting together.

Most have announced their MTEs by now. The number of available teams and dates has to be dwindling.
hmm yeah with just 2 wks to go seems a bit late to be trying to put that together

So sounds like Rider and Binghamton will participate in a MTE in Syracuse probably December 3 and 4th. If additional teams can be added it might stretch out an additional day or two so Cuse can play the maximum of 27 games.

So sounds like Rider and Binghamton will participate in a MTE in Syracuse probably December 3 and 4th. If additional teams can be added it might stretch out an additional day or two so Cuse can play the maximum of 27 games.
Binghamton released their schedule today and we were not on it. Obviously that can change and they might be waiting for us to make an announcement.

I hope we have Bonaventure come to the dome for the 7th non-con game. Rather a potential tourney team than a 4th cupcake

Gotham Classic ??

Thurs Dec 3: Niagara at Syracuse

Sat Dec 5: Rider at Syracuse

Interesting. Wonder if the marketing arm of that tournament Gazelle group?) is funneling some of the money our way. I believe O'Reilly Auto Parts has been the title sponsor.

And does Binghamton slot in as a four team round robin with games on the 4th, too? That gets us to the NCAA 27 game limit for the year with an MTE.

Interesting. Wonder if the marketing arm of that tournament Gazelle group?) is funneling some of the money our way. I believe O'Reilly Auto Parts has been the title sponsor.

And does Binghamton slot in as a four team round robin with games on the 4th, too? That gets us to the NCAA 27 game limit for the year with an MTE.

Bingo is playing Marist in a home & home on Dec 5 and 6.

1606234129776.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom