Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble?

ACC games scheduled for March 6.2021. Are you talking about the Big East?

Playing Georgetown the last weekend could be in the works.
No, I assumed the ACC at least saved the last week for make up games.

Yes, I would guess that you are right, and an SU-GTown game to end the regular season is indeed in the works. Good call on your part.

Shocked that the ACC decided to schedule this way. I assumed they were going to try hard to get a full season of conference games in.

So far we have:
Bryant
Binghamton
Rutgers
Georgetown

I’d assume we’re hosting a MTE so we can play the full 7 non-con games. Hopefully there’s another solid opponent mixed in there, not just 3 more in-state cupcakes. Resumes still matter even in a truncated season

So far we have:
Bryant
Binghamton
Rutgers
Georgetown

I’d assume we’re hosting a MTE so we can play the full 7 non-con games. Hopefully there’s another solid opponent mixed in there, not just 3 more in-state cupcakes. Resumes still matter even in a truncated season
Bryant and Bingo haven't been confirmed by SU yet.

Assuming we're waiting until the entire schedule is set and doing one press release to cover all.

Bryant and Bingo haven't been confirmed by SU yet.

Assuming we're waiting until the entire schedule is set and doing one press release to cover all.
I’m just antsy :p

11 schools announced their full schedule on Twitter within an hour of the ACC schedule release so my fingers are crossed we get an SU drop soon.

Solid game. Buffalo should be top 2 in the MAC and have 2 of the better players in the conference in Graves and Mballa

Solid game. Buffalo should be top 2 in the MAC and have 2 of the better players in the conference in Graves and Mballa
This gets us to 24 games for the regular season. SU is rumored to host a MTE event. That will probably happen the early weekend of December. I am guessing it will be a 4 team event in which SU will play 2 games. 2 games for each school. My guess is that the first game is against Binghamton. Those games will probably be played on Friday and Sunday.

The other 2 schools probably are going to be from NYS.
Regardless of whether they play in a MTE, SU still has 1 OOC game to be scheduled. I think the most likely school will be Niagara, because of long history, Mr Cheriehoop and the Greg Paulus connection.

Why are we playing so many low and mid-majors and only two power conference teams? Notre Dame is playing Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio State, Purdue, and Michigan State in their non-conference! Mike Brey ain't playin around! Props to him. Are we playing mostly low and mid-major home games because of strict NYS coronavirus protocols?

Last edited:
Why are we playing so many low and mid-majors and only two power conference teams? Notre Dame is playing Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio State, Purdue, and Michigan State in their non-conference! Mike Brey ain't playin around! Much props to him. Are we playing mostly low and mid-major home games because of strict NYS coronavirus protocols?

What do we normally schedule?

A Big Ten team, and one or two other P5 team in a tournament somewhere, and lotsa cupcakes.

Why are we playing so many low and mid-majors and only two power conference teams? Notre Dame is playing Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio State, Purdue, and Michigan State in their non-conference! Mike Brey ain't playin around! Much props to him. Are we playing mostly low and mid-major home games because of strict NYS coronavirus protocols?
First off, ND is located relatively close to all of those schools. Syracuse doesn’t have many good programs nearby. Heck, the only ranked programs in the NE are Nova and RU and Syracuse is playing RU on the road. UB is the second best program in NY and the best program within a couple hours of Syracuse.

The best way to keep the players healthy and get a full season in is to limit travel and stay at home as much as possible. Limit OOC games as much as possible to schools who can bus here. Syracuse is doing this. I think it makes a lot of sense. The ACC schedule is going to be very tough. We already have tough OOC games scheduled against RU, UB and Georgetown. Might book another tough opponent in our MTE.

That should position our SOS so the computers like us come tournament selection time. Props to ND for scheduling so aggressively. I don’t mind having some relatively easy games to give our bench a chance to play and see where everyone on the roster is at.

First off, ND is located relatively close to all of those schools. Syracuse doesn’t have many good programs nearby. Heck, the only ranked programs in the NE are Nova and RU and Syracuse is playing RU on the road. UB is the second best program in NY and the best program within a couple hours of Syracuse.

The best way to keep the players healthy and get a full season in is to limit travel and stay at home as much as possible. Limit OOC games as much as possible to schools who can bus here. Syracuse is doing this. I think it makes a lot of sense. The ACC schedule is going to be very tough. We already have tough OOC games scheduled against RU, UB and Georgetown. Might book another tough opponent in our MTE.

That should position our SOS so the computers like us come tournament selection time. Props to ND for scheduling so aggressively. I don’t mind having some relatively easy games to give our bench a chance to play and see where everyone on the roster is at.
Siena is picked to win the MAAC and Iona and Pitino are picked 2nd.

What do we normally schedule?

A Big Ten team, and one or two other P5 team in a tournament somewhere, and lotsa cupcakes.
We usually have about 4-5 P5 teams in the non-conference, including an exempt tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom