Scoop is Awesome!!!! | Syracusefan.com

Scoop is Awesome!!!!

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
haven't seen it posted today yet. :D

Forget the lows and highs.
Hes added so much to his game. He looks like NBA quality out there.

not NBA quality BUT definitely a very good game...and we needed all of it...now his cousin on the other hand...is playing bad and should not be getting the time on court

He had to have set a personal high for alley-oops attempted AND connected today. How many did he have to CJ alone?

The one to Triche was pretty amazing as well.

Here is what I just posted on cuseorange:

Scoop Jadine is the best PG in the BE possibly in the county right now. He is the reason we won today.

The funny thing is that this is not new but as SU fans the bar is set very high. So often times Scoop can do nothing right. I am one of Scoops biggest detractors when things go wrong and through his struggles last season when he was going through his first season as a starting PG. When we consider our PG's 20 or 30 years from now this kid Scoop's name will come up and while he will not eclipse guys like Pearl and Douglas if he carries us to the NC this season (and its obvious that his his goal) then who else has been better? Scoop has balls of steal an iron will and absolutely will put the team on his shoulders win or lose.

One day when we have a really good PG in the future and I scream that was "Scoopid" it will be a flat out compliment saved for usually sure handed good decision making pg's.

I've banged on this kid, no x that this "MAN" (because he is a grown man now) when he has made bad decisions in the past and even this year but Scoop has given us everything we can ask for from him and I am 100% confident that he would sell his soul to the dark lord himself to give more if he could!

Thank you Mr. Jardine!

Scoop has played really well all year. He's had a few bad games,but overall he's been really consistent.

When scoop forces he can do to much. When he takes his time to pull it out with a pass and reset up he can be so good.

That also says alot about his team. They can't be afraid to get the ball back to him. Instead of shooting a jumper when he ops not to make a pass or drive for questionable reasons, pass on the shot and get the ball back to scoop to try again.
Sometimes I think he deserves more of the Flynn Treatment not as a scorer but a playmaker.

Here is what I just posted on cuseorange:

Scoop Jadine is the best PG in the PG possibly in the county right now. He is the reason we won today.
The funny thing is that this is not new but as SU fans the bar is set very high. So often times Scoop can do nothing right. I am one of Scoops biggest detractors when things go wrong and through his struggles last season when he was going through his first season as a starting PG. When we consider our PG's 20 or 30 years from now this kid Scoop's name will come up and while he will not eclipse guys like Pearl and Douglas if he carries us to the NC this season (and its obvious that his his goal) then who else has been better? Scoop has balls of steal an iron will and absolutely will put the team on his shoulders win or lose.

One day when we have a really good PG in the future and I scream that was "Scoopid" it will be a flat out compliment saved for usually sure handed good decision making pg's.

I've banged on this kid, no x that this "MAN" (because he is a grown man now) when he has made bad decisions in the past and even this year but Scoop has given us everything we can ask for from him and I am 100% confident that he would sell his soul to the dark lord himself to give more if he could!

Thank you Mr. Jardine!
He kind of is having a Mateen Cleaves at MSU control over things.

I have to admit I had a few - No, No, No, YESSSS moments today when he was hoisting those threes but I'l take 50% from there all day long.

Scoop is Lebron James for me... not that they are anything alike as basketball players...but, what they do in the regular season is meaningless this year. They will only be judged after the season ends. As a 5th year senior, we need to see Scoop leave on a high note, making great decisions and carrying this team to a Final 4. It would be surprising to me if he wasn't having a pretty decent senior year in this conference.

How many people here wanted him gone after last year?

Not I. As some probably remember, it sometimes seemed like I was his only supporter last year. And the only one encouraging him to return.

Not I. As some probably remember, it sometimes seemed like I was his only supporter last year. And the only one encouraging him to return.

I was right there with you; have been beating the Scoop drum for the past two years from a rather lonely position.

Boeheim's quite right when he says that some people just seem hard-wired to knock Scoop. Shame that they're missing one of our best point guards (and team-first ambassadors of the university) wrap up a nice career.

Not alone, I spent a good month of my life defending that kid non-stop against Thom Servo and his gang of Scooop haters. Really helped my post count though! :) It's fine to hate on the kid's play I guess, but some of those posts were insanely over the top with how negative (and sometimes offensive) they were. Oh well, glad to see the tide has turned since last year.

Not alone, I spent a good month of my life defending that kid non-stop against Thom Servo and his gang of Scooop haters. Really helped my post count though! :) It's fine to hate on the kid's play I guess, but some of those posts were insanely over the top with how negative (and sometimes offensive) they were. Oh well, glad to see the tide has turned since last year.

I recall your staunch support of Scoop, too, with a different name, I believe. And you're right - many of the posts were just personal attacks.

Love everything about Scoop, may go down as my favorite player of all-time. He used his time in college exactly how it should be done. Yeah, he made some mistakes but he continued to learn and grow as a player and a person. Never understood all the hate for him and hopefully most will look back and realize how good he's been for us.

He kind of is having a Mateen Cleaves at MSU control over things.
I've been meaning to post this same comparison. Scoop this year is reminding me of Cleaves in 2000. Not overly athletic, but being the floor general and making huge shots.

We will live or die by The Scoopster in March whether some like it or not. JB's decision to go with either Dion or Triche down the stretch in a close game will be the key imho.

Remember those Brandon Reese should take Scoop minutes post last year lol. Good times I tell ya
HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom