Scrimmage thoughts (long) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Scrimmage thoughts (long)

It's great to hear really positive things, but Decker is 6'3", 218. Not sure I really see that comparison.
Not saying Lewis is or is not going to be the next Eric Decker, obviously that is a tall order, but when Decker was in HS, he was listed at 6'3, 185 pounds. When Ben was in HS, he was listed at 6'3, 185 pounds.

According to the SU web site, Ben is already up to 199 pounds. I would say there is a good chance, a very good chance, that by the time he is a senior, he will be in the 215 to 220 pound range.

As a true frosh, Lewis is listed at 6'2" and 200 lbs. It's not inconceivable that he grows an inch taller and gains 20 lbs during his time here...is it? The largest concern I have with the Decker comparison is if Ben has similar speed. Bottom line is the kid is a player...he possesses intangibles that can't be coached.

My bad, I was thinking Lewis was under 6-foot. Now the comparison makes sense. Still think it's a tall order in that I really, really, really liked Decker but it makes a lot more sense.

Plus they are both white? I mean that's the main reason we are comparing Lewis and Decker right? Not trying to start trouble just saying.

Not saying Lewis is or is not going to be the next Eric Decker, obviously that is a tall order, but when Decker was in HS, he was listed at 6'3, 185 pounds. When Ben was in HS, he was listed at 6'3, 185 pounds.

According to the SU web site, Ben is already up to 199 pounds. I would say there is a good chance, a very good chance, that by the time he is a senior, he will be in the 215 to 220 pound range.

To piggy back off this.. Lewis, to our knowledge had no other offers out of high school but SU. According to Rivals and Scout Decker only had a Minny offer. They both attended camps and impressed to receive and offer.
The only question I have is speed. Decker ran a 4.56 at the combine and that is after 4 years in college S&C. I do not think it is out of the question for Lewis to get to that speed.

To me, the comparison is obvious. I just hope that Lewis can match Decker's productivity.

To piggy back off this.. Lewis, to our knowledge had no other offers out of high school but SU. According to Rivals and Scout Decker only had a Minny offer. They both attended camps and impressed to receive and offer.
The only question I have is speed. Decker ran a 4.56 at the combine and that is after 4 years in college S&C. I do not think it is out of the question for Lewis to get to that speed.

To me, the comparison is obvious. I just hope that Lewis can match Decker's productivity.
Good points. I can see why people would compare them a little better now. I just thought it was just the he is the next Larry Bird syndrome.

Plus they are both white? I mean that's the main reason we are comparing Lewis and Decker right? Not trying to start trouble just saying.

Tim Lane is the next Ed McCaffrey.

Good points. I can see why people would compare them a little better now. I just thought it was just the he is the next Larry Bird syndrome.
I am positive that there is some Byrd syndrome too. The truth is that there is not many white receivers at the D1 level. Just like there is not a ton of white NBA players. Just the facts. However in this situation there is much more to make them comparable other than color.

Tim Lane is the next Ed McCaffrey.

I'll settle for Del Shofner

Del-Shofner.jpg

How did Macky hold up against walls and jones? Personally think he got too much blame last year with chibby making a lot of mistakes. From your post Rocco line seems the weak spot. Agree w you on the freshman o line though. Really like what I've heard.

He did fine, if anything he won the battles when they went heads up. Tough to tell when it's usually the guard and him on the NT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom