Scumbag move of the year | Syracusefan.com

Scumbag move of the year

PoppyHart

All American
MCW trying to take out ref after final horn.

This is unacceptable behavior.

If he did, I'm surprised. Late in the game he ran over to one official and apologized for mouthing off.

If it was anything, it was an attempt to trip the ref. stuck his foot out a little.

I can't tell if it was intentional, or not

Missed it, anybody have clip? I agree though if true, very childish.

Occurs immediately upon final buzzer. Ref runs up court. MCW sticks out leg and made contact with ref's back foot. If he had succeeded and the ref fell he'd surely be in the penalty box for a while.

i heard from 3 friends at the game who were sitting their told me immediately mcw tried to trip the ref with the black and silver hair who kept making all the bad calls.

WOW! Just wow, if true. Again, if true, maybe it will be a good thing he leaves after this year?

Cheers,
Neil

it did happen plenty of people saw it. luckily i don't think the ref noticed. he was upset about his 4th foul and then the no call when he drove to the hoop when going in for the tie

Just went back and looked at it.

MCW was fighting for a rebound at the end of the game. The final whistle blew and Temple was running to their bench to celebrate and the ref was jogging over to the scorers table from nearly directly under the basket. As the camera was panning left to follow the Temple team you can see MCW's left foot hit the outside of the ref's left foot as he passes by. Looked like the ref's foot was already planted so nothing came from it. With the TV frame you can't really see what he did, you just see a part of his left leg so it's hard to tell his intentions -- but it sounds like people at the game saw it too and thought it was dirty.

I'm definitely not liking the extracurriculars from No. 1 these past two weeks...

i heard from 3 friends at the game who were sitting their told me immediately mcw tried to trip the ref with the black and silver hair who kept making all the bad calls.

Sounds like something I would do. Therefore, I'm okay with it.

Don't make bad calls, you don't get tripped. A lesson all refs should have to learn. :)

1) The dust-up he had with JB on the sidelines last year.

2) The story in SI about how he ahd to be pursuaded not to leave by Waiters.

3) The shoplifitng incident at the mall.

4) Trying to trip the ref.

I'd love to keep his talent but he needs to lose the attitude or we won't.

Make him sit the next 3 games, enough playing the role of relaxed "let the players do what they want" coach

I don't remember #1, what was that all about?

We've lived this poisonous attitude before. I'm having "do it all Paul" (and Shumpert/DW) flashbacks here. I hate to see "drama" like this (potentially) affect a season.

Hopefully, this a wakeup call - for both MCW and the team.

all isolated incidents, I'm sure. :p

Sit him. You don't intentionally harm a ref, because of perceived bad calls.

I don't remember #1, what was that all about?

If I recall correctly, it was last year in an early season blowout type victory at the Dome when Jimmy quickly (typical short leash stuff) yanked MCW after he made a mistake. MCW didn't care for it at all, and during most of the ensuing timeout was yelling back at JB, so much, where the assistants had to restrain him.

If I recall correctly, it was last year in an early season blowout type victory at the Dome when Jimmy quickly (typical) yanked MCW after he made a mistake. MCW didn't care for it at all, and during most of the ensuing timeout was yelling back at JB, so much, where the assistants had to restrain him.

Damn, idk how I missed that, must have been one of the games we didn't get up here..

Hopefully JB can get these guys in check... We have a lot of basketball to play. I love emotion, and feeling, but I don't like whining or temper tantrums. SU basketball is already under a microscope, talking heads could eat things like this up

Sometimes you find out who someone really is when there is adversity. I didnt like mcw nor his demeanor today. The trip was really the icing on the cake. This kid needs to be humbled in a big way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom