Scumbag move of the year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Scumbag move of the year

Did the twitter search too. Saw a clearer clip of it. Definitely sticks his foot out.

i would rather suffer through triche and cooney all season than have a kid acting like that.. can we have one season without some kind of problem with a key player?

I actually feel a bit better after having watched it. Don't get me wrong. Just saying it was such a feeble attempt. It was like his foul shots.

Based solely on that clip I gotta say I have reasonable doubt. I was expecting something more obvious. Maybe there are other angles that show more - IDK.
IMO he definitely stuck his foot out. I am not certain he actually intended to trip the ref, but it seems like the most generous interpretation is that he was at least trying to make a point/joke. Not that it would be a funny joke, considering the scrutiny the kid is under right now.

Based solely on that clip I gotta say I have reasonable doubt. I was expecting something more obvious. Maybe there are other angles that show more - IDK.
He didnt try to trip the ref i looked at it about ten times and mcw doesnt even look at the ref i agree it does look a little strange but i really dont think that he tried to trip him.

This is not me condoning what MCW did at all but I wanted to do more than just trip that ref with the black and silver hair. The entire section i was in was ready to chip in to put a hit on that guy. I believe he fouled out Southerland on some bs as well. That ref clearly thought we all paid to watch him.

ok I watched the clip over and over and say that he was trying to trip the ref is "generous" at best

Did John Kreese recently get hired as our S&C coach?

images

I agree, Toga. Based on that clip, I'd have to say it is inconclusive.

i would agree with rrlbees. watched the game again last night and my opinion is he did try to trip the ref. he may have realized what he was doing was wrong at the last second but the thought and attempt were there.

JB has never been much on discipline. This is how little things turn in to big things and players see others treated differently. it is OK to get caught stealing but miss one block out or rebound and you are yanked from the game.

you can't argue with 900 wins but not much question JB sticks his head in the sand on a lot of behavior issues for certain players. Remember the probation period?

Maybe my eyes are bad but I don't see anything intentional. Even though the refs were awful if people are saying at the game that he did then there is no excuse. Nothing will come of this though.

Can't tell, but my opinion is, this kid has a lot of growing up to do. He needs to disregard the headlines and personal accolades and focus on getting the best effort from his teammates. He is a kid, but he needs to be mature and under control to be our leader.

I think the people that say they can't see anything, or are unsure of what they see are just trying to convince themselves. What I see (and it is obvious), is that he not only extends his foot but he turns it so that he could sweep the refs heel. Every kid knows how to do this. you hit the heel as it comes off the floor and the foot gets caught behind the other foot. Most people don't fall but rather stumble. If this isn't addressed, sooner or later he will do something that will embarrass the University and/or himself in a much more public way...

I'm not pleased that he is the face of the basketball program this year..

I'll go with...I wanna trip him...no, that's stupid...no, i wanna trip him ...no, that's stupid nano second body/mind reaction.

^This^

I was expecting something much more overt, based on the comments before watching the vid. The bottom line is if you want to trip somebody, you trip them.

^This^

I was expecting something much more overt, based on the comments before watching the vid. The bottom line is if you want to trip somebody, you trip them.

The point was to trip but not make it obvious. If he full on stuck his entire leg out it would be too obvious. Instead he stuck his foot out sneakily, and perhaps pulled back a bit when he realized what he was doing.

Lol at the people who don't see this. He did it intentionally and it's obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom