Sean Edinger | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Edinger

The DL performance today was concerning. That's where we have the older guys and it just seemed like they were invisible today. Duke's OL just pushed them around.

I get that the back 8 is young and undersized. They're still going to have to step up their toughness if they want to avoid a 1 or 2 win season.

The DL performance today was concerning. That's where we have the older guys and it just seemed like they were invisible today. Duke's OL just pushed them around.

I get that the back 8 is young and undersized. They're still going to have to step up their toughness if they want to avoid a 1 or 2 win season.

the lbs and dbs will be fine in this defense. The problem is total lack of interior dL. not a single pure nose on the roster

Right now we can see our LB Corp is young and athletic but not strong enough. I’ll give a pass on that with the lack of weight room reps. Injuries on the Oline have not helped.

The article nails it on Syracuse.com

13 expected starters out
8 backups out

We are missing 25% of our expected participants

Only because half the posters here can't find an article at Syr.com with both hands and a road map...

the lbs and dbs will be fine in this defense. The problem is total lack of interior dL. not a single pure nose on the roster

Sounds like we should be hitting the grad transfer portal hard to fill that NT spot. Maybe regular transfers too and hope the gods of immediate eligibility will eventually rule one in our favor.

Only because half the posters here can't find an article at Syr.com with both hands and a road map...

But that's factual information. Blasphemy.

Sounds like we should be hitting the grad transfer portal hard to fill that NT spot. Maybe regular transfers too and hope the gods of immediate eligibility will eventually rule one in our favor.

I think the rule will change next year. Immediate eligibility for all 1st time transfers. Unless your school mascot is a fruit.

Sean is a good guy. He knows how to make these kids strong. I think the big lack in the program lies in the rehab. Shy still talks to a bunch of kids in the team and from his time there I think a better nutrition program and more work on after the strength training to keep pliability is what is missing. Rehab from workouts is a big part of keeping kids on the field.
Sorry to see the program still struggling.

Baloney. Our starters are getting bullied. Everybody is start and stop. There is no excuse for what we saw today physically.
we look like ?. dino has failed miserably at recruiting and getting players capable of playing at this level. lets see what this new class brings in. the program is systemically bad.. he gets two more years, no real improvement, then we need to move on.

Nope. You don't know the injuries, or why. Is a guy coming back fat and injuring himself his fault? A guy falling down the stairs? A guy that was injured in spring, but lacking the necessary medical diagnosis, due to covid, his fault? No. Its not.

He doesn't make the schemes, or call the plays. He makes them strong with an incredible VO2 max. In that respect, he continues to succeed.

Strength and VO2 max? That's exactly what we got beat at today. Overpowered and gassed, and gassed most of the second half.

It's funny seems like your killed as a CUSE fan when you see something off and voice concerns, for whatever reason I never liked him when he got here just seemed off to me but I didn't say much then as I had no basis for it, we are seeing issues all across the board which probably means its a coaching/staffing issue, it's not one position or even one side of the ball, idk what edinger is doing but it's not working, and the stop and start is BS, it's year 5 and everyone had the same conditions that we do, after the UNC game when babers kept saying oh I'm just so happy we're playing I knew we were F***ed, programs are in bad shape unfortunately, probably doesn't help our AD isn't exactly an AD

These s&c guys are like refs. The best go unnoticed or unspoken of. Thing is, some of these guys are featured with behind the scenes footage some us fans crave. Problem is, when things dont go so well, when you get pushed around week after week, average speed, tired players, and injuries all over the place; that in your face, meathead, military, rah rah look gets old really fast.

It's funny seems like your killed as a CUSE fan when you see something off and voice concerns, for whatever reason I never liked him when he got here just seemed off to me but I didn't say much then as I had no basis for it, we are seeing issues all across the board which probably means its a coaching/staffing issue, it's not one position or even one side of the ball, idk what edinger is doing but it's not working, and the stop and start is BS, it's year 5 and everyone had the same conditions that we do, after the UNC game when babers kept saying oh I'm just so happy we're playing I knew we were F***ed, programs are in bad shape unfortunately, probably doesn't help our AD isn't exactly an AD
“probably doesn't help our AD isn't exactly an AD”
What the hell does that mean? What a strange thing to say.

Since all the players were home from March until August, and there was NO off-season S&C (unless the players were working out by themselves) I think Edinger might get a pass.

Our team has been a triage and rehabilitation center for 4 out of the 5 years. Ya, every football team has injuries but it has been out of control ever since Dino set foot on campus. Is it just incredibly bad luck or is there more to it. Hell, maybe it’s in the water.

Our team has been a triage and rehabilitation center for 4 out of the 5 years. Ya, every football team has injuries but it has been out of control ever since Dino set foot on campus. Is it just incredibly bad luck or is there more to it. Hell, maybe it’s in the water.

It's been out of control since the 70's.

You remember that Pinstripe Bowl in 2010 when we had like 53 healthy scholarship players.

come on Dave

the two deep is ridiculously young

babers has raised the team speed but size needs to improve. Tucker is an example of that next step

with all the freshmen on defense without the benefit of organized S&c it’s two door sports coupes in collisions with midsized suvs
Ok, than that is on DB not SE

Sean is a good guy. He knows how to make these kids strong. I think the big lack in the program lies in the rehab. Shy still talks to a bunch of kids in the team and from his time there I think a better nutrition program and more work on after the strength training to keep pliability is what is missing. Rehab from workouts is a big part of keeping kids on the field.
Sorry to see the program still struggling.
Always nice to see you pop in Bam. All is well with Shy hopefully?

switching defensive schemes takes about 2 years to recruit the the necessary guys for IDL positions. They made the switch because of our secondary play not because of our DL depth.

As far as Coach E, the players love him and swear by him. O line is the most dangerous position on the field and guys get hurt every play. We're brutally unlucky, and our absolute lack of depth kills.

“probably doesn't help our AD isn't exactly an AD”
What the hell does that mean? What a strange thing to say.

Made me think of The Departed.

Maybe Kent sat Wildhack down and asked him if he wanted to be AD or appear to be AD.

1602381625062.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom