The article nails it on Syracuse.com

13 expected starters out
8 backups out

We are missing 25% of our expected participants

That. Says. It. All

Add those 13 to the starters that graduated

Thats the challenge, add in the changes in the staff

Thats a reset

Sounds like we should be hitting the grad transfer portal hard to fill that NT spot. Maybe regular transfers too and hope the gods of immediate eligibility will eventually rule one in our favor.

absolutely.

That. Says. It. All

Add those 13 to the starters that graduated

Thats the challenge, add in the changes in the staff

Thats a reset
It's an entire two deep out

So, recruiting is an issue?

the dubs and lbs all have the frames, but they are also 18 and 19. Sean Tucker is game ready, some of the other freshmen aren’t there yet physically, but obviously have the speed and skills at a p5 level.

switching defensive schemes takes about 2 years to recruit the the necessary guys for IDL positions. They made the switch because of our secondary play not because of our DL depth.

As far as Coach E, the players love him and swear by him. O line is the most dangerous position on the field and guys get hurt every play. We're brutally unlucky, and our absolute lack of depth kills.

completely agree, the dline has 3 techs and what would be strong side de’s playing inside, for this defense to really work requires a two gap nose and at least another big tackle

completely agree, the dline has 3 techs and what would be strong side de’s playing inside, for this defense to really work requires a two gap nose and at least another big tackle
Absolutely the three Baylor guys from last year were huge and were upperclassmen. I think we have two to three DLs that will be fantastic body types for the D in this class coming in

Always nice to see you pop in Bam. All is well with Shy hopefully?
Thank you. Shy is doing well. Not where he hoped to be but he spent the last year working with kids at the boys club. He went and spoke to the ad at Lowell high in august about volunteering to help the football team. The ad helped him get a job as a teachers assistant and introduced him to the new coach. He is coaching running backs and linebackers this season now. He loves coaching.

Thank you. Shy is doing well. Not where he hoped to be but he spent the last year working with kids at the boys club. He went and spoke to the ad at Lowell high in august about volunteering to help the football team. The ad helped him get a job as a teachers assistant and introduced him to the new coach. He is coaching running backs and linebackers this season now. He loves coaching.
I'm so happy to hear that. He has the abilities to make a great coach.

I think DM running off a bunch of Grob’s division 3 players had more to do with than Injuries that year.

HCDM used to open up the Spring practices to the public back then. Every day a bunch of us would check off the players as they ran on the field to see who was still here.

Sean is a good guy. He knows how to make these kids strong. I think the big lack in the program lies in the rehab. Shy still talks to a bunch of kids in the team and from his time there I think a better nutrition program and more work on after the strength training to keep pliability is what is missing. Rehab from workouts is a big part of keeping kids on the field.
Sorry to see the program still struggling.
Lot of truth here

I am all in on Edinger. As players get some experience, maturity and size, tackling will improve. I don’t fault him for tackling issues.

I am all in on Edinger. As players get some experience, maturity and size, tackling will improve. I don’t fault him for tackling issues.

Who faulted him for tackling? You have to be on the field and in position to make a tackle. that's more of the issue with SE. strength, speed, availability.

I don’t think it’s Edinger.

Think Dino needs to do a better job instilling a culture of captains though and those captains holding their units responsible and pushing each other. Our corners and safeties always stick out making physical leaps year to year.

I don’t think it’s Edinger.

Think Dino needs to do a better job instilling a culture of captains though and those captains holding their units responsible and pushing each other. Our corners and safeties always stick out making physical leaps year to year.

They do, but it seems as though they have access to better training than the rest of the team. SE needs to be questioned here. AHC, the only other voice the team hears, and alot of meathead talk our house and all that jazz and we get physically mauled by the other team and the turf (inj) week to week. So, what gives? S&c is part of player development, something we glaringly lack. Why?

Wolverine does his job exceptionally well. As to our medical and nutritional staff im not a fan.
It’s not only visible from the outside but its also what you hear from former players etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom