Sean Lewis No Longer Calling Plays At Colorado/Hired as New HC at San Diego State | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Lewis No Longer Calling Plays At Colorado/Hired as New HC at San Diego State

Babers' offense had clearly been found out. It wasn't working, and I'd rather just rip the guts out and try something different.
Considing what Dino said his Off would be, I don’t think it made it to the end of his first season here.

Great offense
He’s not some genius wunderkind. His record as a hc is poor. His teams were like when he was OC here, really good offense, horrible defense.

he‘s pretty good, nothing elite about him though.

He’s not some genius wunderkind. His record as a hc is poor. His teams were like when he was OC here, really good offense, horrible defense.

Perhaps that's why he's going to San Diego State.

In his defense he was HC at Dumpster Fire State, they had been to like 2 bowls in 40 years before he got there and he took them to two in 4 years. He runs a good offense and SDSU has always had good defenses so as long as he sticks with that 3-3-5 tree and doesn’t hire a Brian Ward or something, he should do ok

In his defense he was HC at Dumpster Fire State, they had been to like 2 bowls in 40 years before he got there and he took them to two in 4 years. He runs a good offense and SDSU has always had good defenses so as long as he sticks with that 3-3-5 tree and doesn’t hire a Brian Ward or something, he should do ok
All that is fine but he doesn’t bring an elite skill to the table.

His record as a HC is actually really good considering the stop. Kent St has mediocre HS football facilities, and they played 2-3 P5 schools every year there just for the check. I think he is the only Kent St coach to take the school to multiple bowls…that’s how bad that program has been.

whens The last time a guy got demoted during the season and then ends up promoted to the highest level job of his career in the same calendar year?

I mean I think it’s clear people realize his demotion was nonsense, but it still feels like and incredible rarity what’s happened for Lewis

That's your opinion, not mine. Kent state isn't exactly the easiest place to win, and they got better year over. Give me an offensive coach over a defensive coach any day at a place like Syracuse.

It's a cottage industry around here to trash people who have coached at Syracuse. Do you think he didn't learn anything being the coach at Kent State? He's 38 years old, he'll do better at SDSU.
I never said he was bad at his job.

What elite skill set does he bring to the table?

How do you measure yourself against other coaches?

286ce8dc-df82-468c-acd1-8f94a369e409_text.gif

Would be something if he brought Dino on his staff
I bet he does, Dino will love the ohana out there in San Diego. I could see Dino as the non play calling OC or maybe the RB/AHC spot. It makes a lot of sense and everybody knows Dino loves the West Coast

Does Lewis hire Babers to bring everything full circle.

Biggest issue is with the pace of offense it really stresses out the defense because they play a ton too. Drives are not so time-consuming.

That's your opinion, not mine. Kent state isn't exactly the easiest place to win, and they got better year over. Give me an offensive coach over a defensive coach any day at a place like Syracuse.
You know they have these things called offensive coordinators right?