Sean Lewis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Lewis

he will run the offense not the team. Deion is a real head coach not a gimmick. He does it his way; He just happens to be an NFL hall of famer and a huge celebrity. I don't think Sean Lewis is giving that type of speech to his new team on day 1, he will not be running the team
Then we have a difference of opinion.

Except that’s not what I said. I know reading isn’t your thing but repeating yourself won’t change what I wrote. So, you can continue to argue with yourself about a point I didn’t make, but I am not sure that’s the best use of your time. I think first grade remedial reading might be more effective for you.

It was a lazy take based on stereotypes. Drop it, you've lost this argument. Ain't the end of the world.

It was a lazy take based on stereotypes. Drop it, you've lost this argument. Ain't the end of the world.

You can disagree all you want. I just don’t want to be misquoted, whether its a lazy take or not, and you sticking up for your buddy doesn’t change anything. And, my take is not based on stereotypes. It is based on Prime Time’s personality. You can be full of bluster when you only have to back it up with your own performance. When backing up the bluster depends on the performance of 22 other individuals, things are less controllable.

Last edited:
Wow great hire. Deion is going to kill it. I really like our staff, but I am a little jealous of the juice behind Deion lol he will have a top 10 recruiting class every year he is there I bet.

he will run the offense not the team. Deion is a real head coach not a gimmick. He does it his way; He just happens to be an NFL hall of famer and a huge celebrity. I don't think Sean Lewis is giving that type of speech to his new team on day 1, he will not be running the team
What he really needs is someone to teach tackling, cause Primes Ole impersonation at CB was pretty embarrassing at times

Who knows what will happen but it shouldnt be too hard to imagine he fails since most coaches do fail. I don’r have any evidence to suggest he will succeed at the P5 level.

Or evidence to suggest he fails. His success already coaching balances out the idea you suggest that most P5 coaches fail. Which I disagree with based on the number of bowl games played each year but that’s another argument altogether

Or evidence to suggest he fails. His success already coaching balances out the idea you suggest that most P5 coaches fail. Which I disagree with based on the number of bowl games played each year but that’s another argument altogether

I don’t have any evidence to suggest he will fail. I am interested as the rest. I just think he talks a huge game so I am interested to see how it all unfolds.

I don’t get your concept of bowl games equaling success. Will Deion be a success if he averages 6 wins a year?

I don’t have any evidence to suggest he will fail. I am interested as the rest. I just think he talks a huge game so I am interested to see how it all unfolds.

I don’t get your concept of bowl games equaling success. Will Deion be a success if he averages 6 wins a year?

I think 6-7 wins year 2 would be a success. He is taking over a 1-11 program. Total rebuild and obviously with the portal he can really get a jumpstart on this

What he really needs is someone to teach tackling, cause Primes Ole impersonation at CB was pretty embarrassing at times

I think Zimmer would have that covered, people can say what they want about Coach Prime but he isn't going to surround himself with poor coaches. He has the recruiting angle covered

LOL!!! Yeah, I laughed at this.

Prime Time was an electric return man, whether that be punts or INTs.

And he was a great cover guy.

But yeah - his tackling, especially when faced with a larger dude coming at him like a FB or TE, was, shall we say, less than enthusiastic.

In context to our past 20+ years, yes. Is it where we want to be, no. But would it be more successful than the previous coaches if he got us to a bowl game every year. Hard to argue it wouldn’t be successful, for us at least.

LOL!!! Yeah, I laughed at this.

Prime Time was an electric return man, whether that be punts or INTs.

And he was a great cover guy.

But yeah - his tackling, especially when faced with a larger dude coming at him like a FB or TE, was, shall we say, less than enthusiastic.
Yea, great player, incredible athlete. Never the toughest guy on a football field, but usually the most skilled. Still the only man to play in a NFL and MLB game the same day, right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 8.33.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 8.33.28 AM.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 35
Deion will be like Ed Orgeron or Lane IMO. It'll be a bolt of lightening, huge recruiting noise and then when push comes to shove (or things get challenging) he'll be unequipped to deal with it.

I guess at the end of the day it may not matter b/c society has taken to instant gratification vs the slow build up of a program and the portal is created to do that as well.

Deion will be like Ed Orgeron or Lane IMO. It'll be a bolt of lightening, huge recruiting noise and then when push comes to shove (or things get challenging) he'll be unequipped to deal with it.

I guess at the end of the day it may not matter b/c society has taken to instant gratification vs the slow build up of a program and the portal is created to do that as well.

Lane Kiffin has been pretty damn good since he was fired at USC. He can recruit but he's a pretty good offensive coach as wel, I would say better than pretty good. I wouldn't group him with Orgeron.

Orgeron has never been a very good HC just caught lightning in a bottle with the 2019 team probably one of the best rosters ever on a college team and a great group of assistants

Last edited:
I see some assumptions that Deion cant coach or will struggle. Maybe he will but I don't know how anyone can determine that yet. Most great players arent great coaches but right now Deion is on pace to change that. He is a smart whitty dude, knows football and has been on successful teams. He knows how it looks. If he fails its because of his ego getting the best of him. That's my thought.

I think Zimmer would have that covered, people can say what they want about Coach Prime but he isn't going to surround himself with poor coaches. He has the recruiting angle covered
He is putting together a great staff.

I disagree completely. They will be a top ten team after year three. All u need to get to that level is top ten talent. Now it depends on his defensive guys if they can crack top five cause that when great coaching truly matters. Discipline, 2 min offense, 3rd down stops, and end game decisions. how he does then is up to him. He will get talent there without a doubt as they said he has 250 portal guys asking if they were a take for them.. Lewis will kill it with talent.

In context to our past 20+ years, yes. Is it where we want to be, no. But would it be more successful than the previous coaches if he got us to a bowl game every year. Hard to argue it wouldn’t be successful, for us at least.

For us, agree this is a success. But 6-6 is won’t be a success by the measuring stick for Deion.

I think, based on his personality, his teams may end up lacking discipline, resulting in underperformance.
Jackson State averaged 8.75 penalties per game this season.

Noted "real" head coach Dino Babers had a team that averaged... 8.75.

Deion may, or may not, succeed. But I doubt "discipline" is the reason why he may not.

The biggest mistake in retrospect was recruiting DeVito for an offense that due to lack of ability to recruit quality OL with regularity required a mobile QB to keep the defenses honest. I think that is the main reason why we struggled so much. Offense literally turned around as soon as Shrader took over despite his earlier passing inadequacies.
Devito isn't slow. You avoid sacks by getting rid of it. I don't blame anyone for recruiting devito. He's very talented, he just didn't work out here but it's not because he couldn't be mobile or couldn't get rid of the ball. He had tendencies that we didn't break before getting shellshocked. I blame the teaching more than the recruiting. I bet devito would be a draft pick if anae changed him the whole time

That only shows how great he was the prior year, carryover cooking!

The Lewis hangover is really just a continuation of the party. Coach leaves offense has record year. Bunch of players graduate that year and the offense regresses. I know where I would draw my conclusions. That said, I really do think Lewis is a very good coach. I just don't like how many forget he left before the 2018 season not after.

I think our 2 best offenses in last 15 years have had a great group of seniors on them, and respectable offensive line play, probably not a coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom