Sean Miller is a horrible coach | Syracusefan.com

Sean Miller is a horrible coach

he knew it was his last game at UA. Mailed it in.

man he made some terrible coaching decisions tonight. His guards got abused the entire game and he kept trotting out rustin and atone together. Terrible def matchups for zona, he is an awful coach. I don't think i can name 5 current coaches that have done less with the type of talent he has.

F761F820-9028-4D00-B307-0DA572E6D131.jpeg
Can’t vacate wins if you don’t win.

Not sure I agree with that. In the last 5 years he has had seasons where he went 33-5, 34-4 and 32-5, and made the Elite Eight multiple times. Those are excellent seasons.

He also had quite a large Salary Cap.

Not being able to get out of the first round with the projected number 1 pick in the draft isn't a good job any way you put it. If that happens here with Bazley next year people are going to want JB gone.

Not being able to get out of the first round with the projected number 1 pick in the draft isn't a good job any way you put it. If that happens here with Bazley next year people are going to want JB gone.

I'm waiting for more information on the whole Arizona scandal. I want to see how it plays out. But I don't think one first round flop determines whether a coach is horrible or not.

Next year for us, I'm more concerned with how we fare over the course of the season. I want to win 11-12 conference games at least, be ranked consistently, and be safely in the tournament.

I'm waiting for more information on the whole Arizona scandal. I want to see how it plays out. But I don't think one first round flop determines whether a coach is horrible or not.

Next year for us, I'm more concerned with how we fare over the course of the season. I want to win 11-12 conference games at least, be ranked consistently, and be safely in the tournament.

I guess.

His top assistant has already been arrested by the Feds. The guy that stole all the guys we were recruiting on the East Coast. I personally think he coached his last game last night.

For all those great regular seasons he has we actually have more tournament wins than Arizona since Miller got there. That tells me that league is weak.

This is a funny comment from AZ Swarm:
How is it Sean could foresee the Cats playing great m/m defense with the personnel we have? A good coach adjusts to what he has. Of our starting 5, how many were good m/m defenders? 1? I watched an offensively challenged Syracuse team stay in a game and win because they play zone and keep dribblers out of the paint and shooters in reach. Miller was too stubborn and quite honestly stupid, to think that this team could ply m/m against good competition. Major fail IMO!

If that happens all that means is that we have reactionary goofballs in our fan base.

As soon as they got more than 2 scores behind in the 2nd half players and coaches seemed to collectively agree to start the bus. They would have never out toughed Kentucky anyway.

Dale Brown had Shaq for 3 years and did nothing.

Dave Odom had Tim Duncan for 4 years and did nothing.

However Dale did make the Final Four in 1986.

Every decade we get a dumb coach who wastes the talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom