Sean Miller is a horrible coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Miller is a horrible coach

Dale Brown had Shaq for 3 years and did nothing.

Dave Odom had Tim Duncan for 4 years and did nothing.

However Dale did make the Final Four in 1986.

Every decade we get a dumb coach who wastes the talent.
Dale Brown had Shaq and Chris Jackson in 89-90 (and Stanley Roberts) and could only manage a 5 seed and a first-round win in the 1990 NCAA Tourney.

Bottom line: It's hard to win in the Tournament. We have been pretty fortunate as SU fans to have had Boeheim at the helm all these years... the list of good coaches who had great talent but yet couldn't deliver deep Tourney runs is a long one...

UB's throttling of Zona reminded me of this gem from the 2013 NCAA Tournament

18ibgm06brra7gif.gif

Dale Brown had Shaq and Chris Jackson in 89-90 (and Stanley Roberts) and could only manage a 5 seed and a first-round win in the 1990 NCAA Tourney.

Bottom line: It's hard to win in the Tournament. We have been pretty fortunate as SU fans to have had Boeheim at the helm all these years... the list of good coaches who had great talent but yet couldn't deliver deep Tourney runs is a long one...
Agree. Boeheim's a better situational coach than many give him credit for. We all hate the stall ball at times but it works in those game situations more often than not. He plays the percentages and makes a lot of adjustments. He doesn't care about the margin of victory -- he just wants a win. And he really outcoached Hurley the other night. Hurley went into a weird stall ball and then abandoned it. Made no sense.

I remember maybe 7-8 years ago Wake has Jeff Teague, Aminu etc and lost to Cleveland St (yes that same year) when a lot of ppl thought they had FF potential.

Kevin Durant didn’t make it out of the first weekend.

Michael Beasley lost in the second round.

Jabari Parker lost in the first round.

The pitchforks are out here regarding Miller. He gone. They'll make a splashy hire - very motivated (and wealthy) alums support that program. Had coffee with one of their big shot alumni this morning. Miller's done so little with so much.

I didnt realize that Arizona went from the #2 recruiting class to nothing.

They have 2 seniors and 2 frosh that just declared for NBA.

Will they be able to field a team next year?

I’m hoping he gets canned and then ends up back at Pitt.

I watched Arizona win a couple games in the PAC 12 tourney and fell for the impression they were really good with Ayton. Wish I had missed those games --- killed my bracket.
Miller will go where a lot of cheating coaches find a home -- in the NBA as somebody's assistant.

Kevin Durant didn’t make it out of the first weekend.

Michael Beasley lost in the second round.

Jabari Parker lost in the first round.

Not "just" KD -
KD, DJ Augustin, Damion James, and Dexter Pittman - FOUR guys who played in the NBA, including a future HOF'er.
Never has less been done with more, than by Rick Barnes that year.

Meh...if we'd only "tweaked" the zone the other night we coulda blown ASU out instead of having to endure the "stall ball" offense that JB loves so much.
And he's so mean, what with the yelling at Frank and whatnot. Can't wait to get another coach so we can look "prettier" on offense, and run around more on defense.
We may not win more games, but style points are what matter, amirite??! :rolleyes:

Miller's lack of defense is surprising.
Arizona's 7-0' Dusan Ristic may be the WORST defensive player ever.
It's even an effort for him to turn his head and watch the play on which he's just been beaten.

They may dip into the college ranks but not there.
or miles simon, current lakers assistant credited with fixing lonzo's shot

any prospective coach might want to wait to see what kind of penalties are imposed first. but a returning hero like simon might be the only candidate who would get a grace period from the fans to ride out sanctions.

The pitchforks are out here regarding Miller. He gone. They'll make a splashy hire - very motivated (and wealthy) alums support that program. Had coffee with one of their big shot alumni this morning. Miller's done so little with so much.
They are facing major problems, it won't be easy to get a big splash coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom