Sean Miller saying goodbye? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Miller saying goodbye?

NY spends the most, per capita on welfare. The highest “southern” state is Kentucky. Oswego County can make the most rural southern areas look like paradise
Excellent point

Sean Miller is not losing his job for cheating. If that was the case he would have lost it last year. He is losing his job because he finished below 500 in the worst power conference in America and the team is barely above 500.

Wait, what? You don't believe that do you? There's a little bit of the losing (2%), and A LOT of the scandal (98%) that's leading to his demise.

The Arizona Board of trustees has been stuck between a rock and a hard place - they haven't known what is on those tapes because Miller hasn't told them. So they have risked owing him a payout and a wrongful termination suit if they fire him without knowing the severity. So they didn't whack him last year.

Things absolutely changed once Miller was subpoenaed. The Board of Trustees has had at least 2 meetings directly related to Miller in the past 2 months and it's not to discuss his win - loss record. My guess is they know those tapes are going to be absolutely damaging.

He is not going to be coaching them next year and its directly related to what is on the wiretaps.

I'm sure NY, and my state, CA spend a ton on welfare. But, they also generate wealth more than AL, MS, et al.
That wasn't the post. NY generates so much, that it's broke. NYC is on the brink of bankruptcy.

Which program deserved more probations? That's the question. From a purely philosophical, right-vs-wrong perspective. Which is where we're all coming from. :)

Therein lies the rub. Often times it's a matter of degree and there is so much that goes on that we'll never know. Let's face it - it's big business and it has a tendency to to get messy. Once you're in bed with the shoe companies it's only going to get even more messy.

Personally I'm not into the "those guys wear the black hats and we wear the white hats" approach. Look at Duke and UK. One coach is revered and the other reviled yet they both use the same business model.

Personally I'm not into the "those guys wear the black hats and we wear the white hats" approach. Look at Duke and UK. One coach is revered and the other reviled yet they both use the same business model.

Which one’s which?

Which program deserved more probations? That's the question. From a purely philosophical, right-vs-wrong perspective. Which is where we're all coming from. :)
Excuses and justifications. We are probably the only school to have retained a coach with 2 probations

Coach K is worshipped yet Zion has a documented pay to play offer but went to Duke for free?... right. How about the Bagley report about hundreds of thousands of dollars filtered through his dads AAU?

Does anyone think Duke is clean? Why is Will Wade any different...aside from being stupid and not having people handle the dirt for him.
Not every program is doing this stuff. Successful coaches like Beilein have a reputation as clean guys who avoid the dirty side of college basketball. Will Wade is scum and should be banned for life from the sport.. LSU fans should stick to football.

NY spends the most, per capita on welfare. The highest “southern” state is Kentucky, at 10. Oswego County can make the most rural southern areas look like paradise
Are people seriously complaining about welfare? What is this the 80s and 90s on here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom