Sean Miller saying goodbye? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Miller saying goodbye?

People can claim anything they want. Until there is evidence that Waters was paid it's all a lot of noise. Believe it or not there are players that decide not to come to SU for reasons other than $$$. Btw with a gun to your head would u be willing to bet that an SU recruit never received a dime over the last 40 years? I wouldn't.
He went from blue bloods to LSU.

Report: Syracuse expected to pursue former Georgetown signee Tremont Waters

I mean it’s fair to speculate a payoff was in the deal. Especially when his coach was caught on a mic talking about paying another kid.

source.gif

Sean Miller is not losing his job for cheating. If that was the case he would have lost it last year. He is losing his job because he finished below 500 in the worst power conference in America and the team is barely above 500.

One year under .500 doesn’t get you fired. Arizona isn’t a blue blood. They are the West Coast version of us.

Yeah they’ve won one title like us. They haven’t been to a FF since Olson was the coach. Those classes have come based on cheating.
I doubt he paid a bag to the 2019 class after he was caught already paying bags

The real question is--if Miller is done (and his speech to the fans tonight seems to indicate that he is), how much of the recruiting class will stay committed?

Sean Miller is not losing his job for cheating. If that was the case he would have lost it last year. He is losing his job because he finished below 500 in the worst power conference in America and the team is barely above 500.

Sorry youre wrong. He has the number one recruiting class coming in. I dont care if he didnt win a game this year, you dont get fired with that coming in. If hes gone, its obviously the scandal.

The LSU fans are delusional. Their coach is on an FBI wiretap talking about his offer to a recruit and how the kid’s handler wouldn’t let him take it because too much went to the family vs the handler. Oh, and that he had made offers to players this good that weren’t nearly as complicated. And he has a potty mouth.

What choice did the AD have? I seriously wonder what it would take for that fan base to understand a suspension to protect the school. Will Wade starring in a snuff film? Or running a teenage prostitution ring? Or having a dozen bodies buried under his porch?

It’s the dirty rotten south, they don’t give a damn what he does as long as he’s winning.

They were good under Dale Brown in the 80s. AMOF, they lost to UVa in the last NCAA Consolation Game in 1981. And don't forget Shaq went there. They've roller coastered a lot ever since then.
They have a decent basketball history.
The fanbase is just football first by a lot.
Pistol Pete played there.
They went to Final Four in 2006 with Tyrus Thomas.
After Kentucky and Florida it’s probably LSU and Arkansas with the best basketball history.

He lucked into that though. Two of his recruits including his top one are from arizona.

They have a decent basketball history.
The fanbase is just football first by a lot.
Pistol Pete played there.
They went to Final Four in 2006 with Tyrus Thomas.
After Kentucky and Florida it’s probably LSU and Arkansas with the best basketball history.

Agreed. Though I think Arkansas is soundly ahead of LSU.

You don't think it's odd to hold Smart out if there was no wrongdoing?

Where did I say that? I think you're confused. I was talking about Naz Reid.

I’ve stopped worrying about who is cheating and who isn’t. I just assume every team is in some form or another and it’s to what degree and how willing people are to look the other way.

Is what it is.

"I've really enjoyed the opportunity to cheat for you for the last ten years."

When the NCAA finally allows boosters to pay players to appear in "ads and TV commercials" (hahaha) the big factories will buy up all the top 100 recruits -- legally. They should be put into a super-conference and the rest of us (like SU) can join something like the Patriot League or just disband. But hey, 100 of the top kids will be rolling in money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom