Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

Jerome Smith was a Cuse RB who I thought had a chance to stick in the NFL but couldn’t. Delone Carter played about 3 years as did Curtis Brinkley. I think Prince Tyson-Gulley and Antwan Bailey got camp looks but got cut. I am glad Tuck is getting a shot. Seems like he'll hsve a legitimate shot there.
So, you’re not sure about Neal either?

Tampa Bay sounds like a good landing spot. Give 'em hell Tucker!

As a team, the Bucs appear to be dead last in
* rushing yardage...
* yards per carry
* TDs
* 20+ yard rushes
* etc
So they’re consistent. Seriously, this is a great place for him to go!

Bucs O-Line last year was a mess. They had a great line the year before, but had All-Pro Guard Ali Marpet (Hobart) retire and their All-Pro center Jensen get injured in the first?? game, they also lost a starter to free agency... Jensen should be back, but the line will be the big question for the Bucs. If the line comes back, Tucker should have a good chance to make the team and have a BIG impact.
Marpet retiring definitely hurt their OL. They probably envisioned having him another 7 or so years

I mean, he's playing in the XFL, so he is at least still playing somewhere
Who, Moe? Good for him. That still doesn’t clear up for me what the issue was that another poster was referring to in multiple posts.

If he gets drafted it will be a late round
From cuse.com:

Tucker is one of the most prolific backs in program history. He heads to Tampa Bay after three seasons in a 'Cuse uniform and still managed to finish his career third on the program's all-time rushing list (3,182). An All-American in 2021, Tucker was a two-time member of the Maxwell Award and Doak Walker Award Watch Lists, and was a semifinalist for both as a sophomore.

Good for him. I hope he has a great NFL career. I have been waiting forever like everyone else for him to show his skills and be drafted. I am very happy for him. Most NFL teams hearing about a heart issue will not take chance on a player. Go BUCS!

SVT mentioned earlier is not life threatening, IF that is his diagnosis. It could have been a misread EKG, though that would be a very rare occurance, first a nurse checks the tape then a cardiologist.

Is SVT a serious heart condition?
Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is a condition where your heart suddenly beats much faster than normal. It's not usually serious, but some people may need treatment.
  • medicines to control the episodes of SVT – given as tablets or through a vein
  • cardioversion – a small electric shock to the heart to help it get back to a normal rhythm
  • catheter ablation – a treatment where thin tubes are placed through a vein or artery into your heart to correct the problem with the electrical system; this permanently cures the problem in most patients

Bucs O-Line last year was a mess. They had a great line the year before, but had All-Pro Guard Ali Marpet (Hobart) retire and their All-Pro center Jensen get injured in the first?? game, they also lost a starter to free agency... Jensen should be back, but the line will be the big question for the Bucs. If the line comes back, Tucker should have a good chance to make the team and have a BIG impact.
Thanks for the insight, I know nothing about the Bucs so definitely will be paying attention now.

Great landing spot in Tampa!

For anyone thinking that it would be great if rules had allowed him to come back after not getting drafted….purely speculation but IMO not a good chance he’d be cleared by SU medical staff anyways. Obviously we don’t know the exact details but if there was a heart issue we have a very conservative history in these situations for right or wrong. I could see him getting medically DQ’d anyways by us despite getting cleared by his physician.

For anyone thinking that it would be great if rules had allowed him to come back after not getting drafted….purely speculation but IMO not a good chance he’d be cleared by SU medical staff anyways. Obviously we don’t know the exact details but if there was a heart issue we have a very conservative history in these situations for right or wrong. I could see him getting medically DQ’d anyways by us despite getting cleared by his physician.
Why even speculate on that hypothetical?

Plus, he made his decision to go pro and still has a great opportunity to make a team. Not getting drafted is not going to make him want to go to back to school.

Tampa is a great landing spot for him and I agree with you Finwad32 that there is no way he doesn't make that roster. Teams will still do a much more thorough medical evaluation before they clear players to participate in OTAs and all the pre camp stuff for rookies. Let's just pray he clears the team medicals and whatever the issue, it's not serious.

The kid is just too talented. I remember his first game in the Dome, can't remember the opponent, but he made this cut and then the way he accelerated out of that change in direction was just mutant-level stuff. Like you could not believe your eyes. I'll never forget there was this loud gasp that you heard from everyone in the building being like holy $#*%! at the same time.

Feel awful for Tucker. Clearly his heart issue is a big enough concern that no team was willing to risk a draft pick on him. I just wish him good health and a long life. A productive NFL career is an afterthought now.

an "afterthought now"? What does that even mean?

Nil and the portal has already effected teams and the game enough. Can you imagine what would happen if a bunch of players entered the draft and had the option to come back if undrafted. How would coaches even go through a spring training or set a roster or recruit not knowing who is coming back. These players have every opportunity now, enough is Enough. If they want to go pro then make your choice and stick to it. You can’t quit your job and then come back freely if you don’t like your new job.

Nil and the portal has already effected teams and the game enough. Can you imagine what would happen if a bunch of players entered the draft and had the option to come back if undrafted. How would coaches even go through a spring training or set a roster or recruit not knowing who is coming back. These players have every opportunity now, enough is Enough. If they want to go pro then make your choice and stick to it. You can’t quit your job and then come back freely if you don’t like your new job.
That’s silly. How many schools are going to reject a marginal NFL talent?

That’s silly. How many schools are going to reject a marginal NFL talent?
It would really be a captains decision along with Dino, Once you have been out of the program for month plus, those guys have been working their tales off to prepare for this season. Would Lequint be ok going back to not the primary guy at rb and hardly getting snaps. It would also not be something the athlete coming back would want to do as they were looking to be a pro, which means no school requirement and crazy rules

Tucker was one of my favorite SU players ever. I hope he has a long successful NFL career. But there may be a lesson for future draft entrants...it is a real possibility that Sean Tucker opted out of the last real football game he will ever have a chance play in. I hope not.

Tampa is a great landing spot for him and I agree with you Finwad32 that there is no way he doesn't make that roster. Teams will still do a much more thorough medical evaluation before they clear players to participate in OTAs and all the pre camp stuff for rookies. Let's just pray he clears the team medicals and whatever the issue, it's not serious.

The kid is just too talented. I remember his first game in the Dome, can't remember the opponent, but he made this cut and then the way he accelerated out of that change in direction was just mutant-level stuff. Like you could not believe your eyes. I'll never forget there was this loud gasp that you heard from everyone in the building being like holy $#*%! at the same time.
Georgia Tech.

Tucker was one of my favorite SU players ever. I hope he has a long successful NFL career. But there may be a lesson for future draft entrants...it is a real possibility that Sean Tucker opted out of the last real football game he will ever have a chance play in. I hope not.

I don't want to be insensitve Tucker was good for us and I don't know what other options we had to keep him from portaling and I don't want to touch the medical stuff but he had some agreement with the staff that simply didn't work out ie he'd get all the reps and touches he wanted but could try to avoid hits to preserve his draft stock etc.

Tucker might have gone first round if he kept playing at the same level as Bijan Robinson. He took a huge step backwards and therefore went undrafted. It would be one thing if his play didn't decline and he didn't get called but it did. Staff shouldn't have coddled him give LeQuint more reps let him have a huge game and watch Tucker look like last years version if hes staring at being the backup.

Tampa looks like the best team possible for him though not being drafted might not matter and be a good thing easier now to get the second contract.

I don't want to be insensitve Tucker was good for us and I don't know what other options we had to keep him from portaling and I don't want to touch the medical stuff but he had some agreement with the staff that simply didn't work out ie he'd get all the reps and touches he wanted but could try to avoid hits to preserve his draft stock etc.

Tucker might have gone first round if he kept playing at the same level as Bijan Robinson. He took a huge step backwards and therefore went undrafted. It would be one thing if his play didn't decline and he didn't get called but it did. Staff shouldn't have coddled him give LeQuint more reps let him have a huge game and watch Tucker look like last years version if hes staring at being the backup.

Tampa looks like the best team possible for him though not being drafted might not matter and be a good thing easier now to get the second contract.
You know this? Or do you have a fertile imagination?

You know this? Or do you have a fertile imagination?
You can remember what you like. He picked up a knock his stats were down so we ran him into the ground against Wagner to chase a record.

He was nowhere near as good as a Jr as he was a So. Some of that belongs on the coaching staff.

I think he'll be a good pro and get a look for Tampa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom