Sean Tucker | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker

Cuse4Life

Walk On
This kid is good. Like really really good. I know he needs to stay healthy but this kid the real deal. Constantly breaks the first tackle, battles for extra yards, has a little shake to him and great speed.

I say give this kid 44 for next year! Make this kid the feature. Let the world know, pump him up!

This kid is good. Like really really good. I know he needs to stay healthy but this kid the real deal. Constantly breaks the first tackle, battles for extra yards, has a little shake to him and great speed.

I say give this kid 44 for next year! Make this kid the feature. Let the world know, pump him up!
It will be really interesting to see how Dino and crew can/will deploy Tucker and Jordan in the coming years. Together? Change of pace backs? Jordan to split out as a WR. Jordan as a third-down back. Many possibilities.

Everybody knows my stand on #44 - give it to a deserving senior, (on a voluntary basis), every years. (Matt Park not only agreed but said we should do that in every sport.)

I have a different question.

Sean Tucker is 5-10 202 and has been timed in the 40 yard dash in 4.29. In the first half Saturday, playing behind SU's line, he had 63 yards and a TD in 10 carries.

Travis Etienne is 5-10 205 and has been timed in the 40 yard dash in 4.38. in the first half Saturday playing behind Clemson's line, he had 59 yards and a TD in 11 carries.

Now Etienne has accomplished much more in his career than Sean Tucker, (at this point). He was obviously gimpy in that game, (but so was Tucker). Talent is not fully measured by statistics, although game stats can point to it.

Is Sean Tucker a freshman version of Travis Etienne who's stuck playing for Syracuse rather than Clemson?

Everybody knows my stand on #44 - give it to a deserving senior, (on a voluntary basis), every years. (Matt Park not only agreed but said we should do that in every sport.)

Sean Tucker is 5-10 202 and has been timed in the 40 yard dash in 4.29. In the first half Saturday, playing behind SU's line, he had 63 yards and a TD in 10 carries.

Travis Etienne is 5-10 205 and has been timed in the 40 yard dash in 4.38. in the first half Saturday playing behind Clemson's line, he had 59 yards and a TD in 11 carries.

Now Etienne has accomplished much more in his career than Sean Tucker, (at this point). He was obviously gimpy in that game, (but so was Tucker). Talent is not fully measured by statistics, although game stats can point to it.

Is Sean Tucker a freshman version of Travis Etienne who's stuck playing for Syracuse rather than Clemson?

we can only hope!!

Is Sean Tucker a freshman version of Travis Etienne who's stuck playing for going to upgrade Syracuse's running attack so it can compete better rather than with Clemson?
I liked this post before the last line. My version would have been:

Is Sean Tucker a freshman version of Travis Etienne who's [stuck playing for] going to upgrade Syracuse's running attack and help it compete better [rather than] with Clemson?

Last edited:

I hadn't seen that 4.29 time and honestly doubt that's accurate. Jordan is supposed tombe faster and I believe was timed in the 4.3s. There have been a number of articles, many of them referenced on here in various threads, explaining how rare that kind of speed is. Regardless, we know the kid is fast. And he's not just a fast kid playing RB, he's a real RB that is fast. I hope we give him the chance to show off behind a decent oline with a functioning offense before long.

Regarding 44, I disagree a bit. I don't want it to be a feel good award to just any senior. If it gets used again, I prefer one of two ways: it goes to a stud RB that has either established himself as such earlier in his career and is interested or is a can't miss 5* guy recruit or it is issued annually to the starting RB the way it originally was.

I love the kid and think he's an NFL back. Let's hold off on giving him 44. It should only be used for special occasions.

It will be really interesting to see how Dino and crew can/will deploy Tucker and Jordan in the coming years. Together? Change of pace backs? Jordan to split out as a WR. Jordan as a third-down back. Many possibilities.

Kind of forgot about Josh? He ain't coming to sit. He and Tucker are the two that will give teams problems. Jordan's will need to see time in the WR role as well as scat back. They will need to get him in space and Hough and Tucker will make that much easier to do.

I hadn't seen that 4.29 time and honestly doubt that's accurate. Jordan is supposed tombe faster and I believe was timed in the 4.3s. There have been a number of articles, many of them referenced on here in various threads, explaining how rare that kind of speed is. Regardless, we know the kid is fast. And he's not just a fast kid playing RB, he's a real RB that is fast. I hope we give him the chance to show off behind a decent oline with a functioning offense before long.

Regarding 44, I disagree a bit. I don't want it to be a feel good award to just any senior. If it gets used again, I prefer one of two ways: it goes to a stud RB that has either established himself as such earlier in his career and is interested or is a can't miss 5* guy recruit or it is issued annually to the starting RB the way it originally was.

Tucker 4.29:

Jordan 4.37:

Tucker 4.29:

Jordan 4.37:
Did you notice the key difference in those two times? Tucker's was hand timed and Jordan's was laser timed. As I said previously, studies have shown hand timed 40 times to be off by quite a bit.

Here's an article discussing it.

Going by that article, his actual time is probably closer to the the mid 4.4 area, which makes sense when comparing him to Jordan since Jordan's fastest 100m in high school was 10.62 and Tucker's was 10.77. 4.4 is still really fast. My comment wasn't meant to disparage him.

The longer we wait to use it, the less value it has to recruits. It may already be dead in that regard.
If we get the right players to wear it, it could get reestablished. If we give it to a dud, it's devalued.

What an epic fail by Gross. I seriously can't understand what sense that made. On no level do i get it.

You don't think a #44 retirement celebration at halftime of our first ever game against South Florida during a 1 win season makes sense? (we had 0 points at halftime too, just to add to it).

What is wrong with you then?

He should have been charged with a crime.

#44 should be awarded for excellence however it manifests itself - athleticism, leadership, etc

Did you notice the key difference in those two times? Tucker's was hand timed and Jordan's was laser timed. As I said previously, studies have shown hand timed 40 times to be off by quite a bit.

Here's an article discussing it.

Going by that article, his actual time is probably closer to the the mid 4.4 area, which makes sense when comparing him to Jordan since Jordan's fastest 100m in high school was 10.62 and Tucker's was 10.77. 4.4 is still really fast. My comment wasn't meant to disparage him.

The original point was that Tucker is the same size as Etienne, is very fast and seems to have a lot of talent and good technique. Could he be on the same level as Eitenne but nobody knows it because he's a freshman and playing for Syracuse instead of Clemson. A discussion of Tucker's speed vs. the much smaller Jordan is beside the point.

44 should be reinstated in season to a deserving player. It would get espn game day pub so I say do it.

was anyone supposed to wear it right after Konrad? So odd how it just died out after rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom