Sean Tucker | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker

44 should be reinstated in season to a deserving player. It would get espn game day pub so I say do it.

was anyone supposed to wear it right after Konrad? So odd how it just died out after rob

Nobody wanted it.

Every RB wanted the # they wore in HS.

The original point was that Tucker is the same size as Etienne, is very fast and seems to have a lot of talent and good technique. Could he be on the same level as Eitenne but nobody knows it because he's a freshman and playing for Syracuse instead of Clemson. A discussion of Tucker's speed vs. the much smaller Jordan is beside the point.
Well, you compared Tucker's speed to Etienne's speed. I was pointing out that Jordan is supposed to be the fastest guy on the team and his time is nearly identical to Etienne's, whereas Tucker's time was likely inaccurate, so there was a reason for it. So, to get back to your original question, Etienne and Tucker are similar in size, but Tucker is likely a bit slower which means he's certainly quite fast. It's possible he's a poor man's Etienne. He seems to be the best we've had since Delone Carter or Walter Reyes, if we can keep him healthy.

You don't think a #44 retirement celebration at halftime of our first ever game against South Florida during a 1 win season makes sense? (we had 0 points at halftime too, just to add to it).

What is wrong with you then?

He should have been charged with a crime.

Daryl’s favorite motto “Disrespecting the past and misrepresenting the future” in full bloom.

44 should be reinstated in season to a deserving player. It would get espn game day pub so I say do it.

was anyone supposed to wear it right after Konrad? So odd how it just died out after rob

yes Joe Donelly after the spring game

Tucker looks like he will be our best back since...who knows how long ago. However like the last 44 - need to be on the field to make a massive legacy. Let's see how his body grinds out a season before we resume a tradition that has absolutely no traction with the modern athlete.

Nobody wanted it.

So when we recruit RBs, do we have to make sure we don't recruit kids who wear the same HS number as kids on the current roster?

I actually don't care that the 44 is retired. But the way it was retired was criminal. There should be a do over where we pretend like the last one never happened. Like the new Halloween movie, ignoring that everyone already died.

So when we recruit RBs, do we have to make sure we don't recruit kids who wear the same HS number as kids on the current roster?

I actually don't care that the 44 is retired. But the way it was retired was criminal. There should be a do over where we pretend like the last one never happened. Like the new Halloween movie, ignoring that everyone already died.

Ironically, Konrad asked for his HS number, which happened to be #44.

Kind of forgot about Josh? He ain't coming to sit. He and Tucker are the two that will give teams problems. Jordan's will need to see time in the WR role as well as scat back. They will need to get him in space and Hough and Tucker will make that much easier to do.
I have not forgotten about Josh Hough, who I see as a specialty back. His talents are being reserved for when we need to gain 85 yards in one play. You know, end of halves or 4th-and-37 type situations? :)

Just bring it back but don't make a huge charade of it. 44 can come back without some massive ceremony. Treat it like a captain's C - team votes who is most deserving and then that player can opt to wear it or not

Well, you compared Tucker's speed to Etienne's speed. I was pointing out that Jordan is supposed to be the fastest guy on the team and his time is nearly identical to Etienne's, whereas Tucker's time was likely inaccurate, so there was a reason for it. So, to get back to your original question, Etienne and Tucker are similar in size, but Tucker is likely a bit slower which means he's certainly quite fast. It's possible he's a poor man's Etienne. He seems to be the best we've had since Delone Carter or Walter Reyes, if we can keep him healthy.

The fact that a time was hand held rather than electronic doesn't mean it was false. it certainly doesn't mean that a 4.29 guy is slower than a 4.37 guy. The fact that, on another occasion, one guy was faster at another distance doesn't mean he isn't faster now at a specific distance more relevant to football. Tucker may be a poor man's Etienne but it isn't because of a hand-held stop watch.

Nobody wanted it.

If you make it a thing you just need one guy to get it going again.

1603906451672.png

Last edited:
The fact that a time was hand held rather than electronic doesn't mean it was false. it certainly doesn't mean that a 4.29 guy is slower than a 4.37 guy. The fact that, on another occasion, one guy was faster at another distance doesn't mean he isn't faster now at a specific distance more relevant to football. Tucker may be a poor man's Etienne but it isn't because of a hand-held stop watch.
Actually, everything that looks at the way times are done says exactly that. It's science. The 100m times were just reinforcement. He is likely a legit 4.4 40 guy. That's really fast.

Actually, everything that looks at the way times are done says exactly that. It's science. The 100m times were just reinforcement. He is likely a legit 4.4 40 guy. That's really fast.

What hand-held time would he have had to record for it to be faster than Jordan's electronic time? You aren't just suggesting the time is misleading. You are saying it's actually slower. I would think a hand-held stopwatch would take a split second longer to record the end of the race.

What hand-held time would he have had to record for it to be faster than Jordan's electronic time? You aren't just suggesting the time is misleading. You are saying it's actually slower. I would think a hand-held stopwatch would take a split second longer to record the end of the race.

Hand timers can sometime jump the gun, and click the watch when they think the runner is crossing the line, not when they actually do.
Which can lead to showing faster times than in reality.

Also - hand timers are - by definition - not right on the start AND finish line.

So there is room for error on starting the watch, and also on stopping it.
You have to take hand-timed 40's with a pound of salt.

Hand timed 40's aren't worth much. I think both Tucker and Jordan are fast, and Tucker a lot faster than most think but hand timed 40 times are extremely dicey when discussing accuracy.

Yeah, hate to burst your guy's bubble but I don't think any recruits really care enough to wear 44.

The original point was that Tucker is the same size as Etienne, is very fast and seems to have a lot of talent and good technique. Could he be on the same level as Eitenne but nobody knows it because he's a freshman and playing for Syracuse instead of Clemson. A discussion of Tucker's speed vs. the much smaller Jordan is beside the point.
After Tucker's first few games, everyone knows he is an Etienne level talent. Imagine what Tucker does behind an experienced, stable, and deeper O-Line...

Then imagine TommyD having time to throw because everyone plays to stop the run...

Tucker for 25 yards, the Tommy for 35 yards, then Tucker for the score. Naturally, half of the Orange faithful will complain that it is still a three and out with the opponent getting the ball back. I can handle it.

Did you read the article I posted in one of my previous replies? It explained the difference.

Did you notice the key difference in those two times? Tucker's was hand timed and Jordan's was laser timed. As I said previously, studies have shown hand timed 40 times to be off by quite a bit.

Here's an article discussing it.

Going by that article, his actual time is probably closer to the the mid 4.4 area, which makes sense when comparing him to Jordan since Jordan's fastest 100m in high school was 10.62 and Tucker's was 10.77. 4.4 is still really fast. My comment wasn't meant to disparage him.

Just read this article, since I haven't before but honestly have never believed hand timed 40's ever.

Great science (as a science nerd I always support this) and honestly I'm a little surprised we are talking about a 0.2 second difference in the 40 yard dash.
Doesn't sound like much until we get to the combine and a WR runs a 4.65 and people are calling him slow. His whole life the dude probably ran in the 4.4's or lower on a hand time and thought he was one of the fastest guys in the draft...

Tucker reminds me a lot of Jerome Smith person. Another contributor said Antwon Bailey, I could see that too.

I hate to say it as much as 44 means to us what does it mean to a high school kid? Their grandfather's only remember those guys.

I hate to say it as much as 44 means to us what does it mean to a high school kid? Their grandfather's only remember those guys.

I mean...as a kid I had zero memory of Brown, Davis, and Little just like high school kids do now. They were ancient to me. If 44 and the history meant something to me at that age, it can mean something to these kids too. It really just depends on the kid. Some of them care about sports history, most probably don’t.

I mean...as a kid I had zero memory of Brown, Davis, and Little just like high school kids do now. They were ancient to me. If 44 and the history meant something to me at that age, it can mean something to these kids too. It really just depends on the kid. Some of them care about sports history, most probably don’t.
Ya I guess growing up I was a big Rob Konrad fan and heard all he talk about 44 so it meant something. That feels like such a long time ago.

Did you notice the key difference in those two times? Tucker's was hand timed and Jordan's was laser timed. As I said previously, studies have shown hand timed 40 times to be off by quite a bit.

Here's an article discussing it.

Going by that article, his actual time is probably closer to the the mid 4.4 area, which makes sense when comparing him to Jordan since Jordan's fastest 100m in high school was 10.62 and Tucker's was 10.77. 4.4 is still really fast. My comment wasn't meant to disparage him.
Tucker was and still is the Maryland State high school 55 meter champion, I would believe that 4.29 40 time all day long, hand timed or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom