Season Tickets? | Syracusefan.com

Season Tickets?

The General

2nd String
I went to the SU website and it said there were tix left in the 100 and 200 levels. But when I tried to purchase, it wouldn't go through, said unavailable.

My question is do all 100 level and 200 level seasons sell out?

I went to the SU website and it said there were tix left in the 100 and 200 levels. But when I tried to purchase, it wouldn't go through, said unavailable.

Maybe they are preferred seats and you first have to make the appropriate donation to have access to them? You're better off calling them.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they are preferred seats and you first have to make the appropriate donation to have access to them? You're better off calling them.,

Ah, let's hope. I will call Monday. Thank you, much appreciated, I was sulking. I want in.

There are season tix that aren't donation seats. Here is a link to the map that shows each donation level. You may have already seen this.

http://www.carrierdome.com/media/documents/2013/4/Basketball_Preferred_2013.pdf

Hadn't seen that, thanks. I'm a fan of the temporary stands, easy in and out, beer access, trough, etc...

Another question, how low is too low over there? I used to sit in last row temporary stands, R, I think. I think it's good to be up a little for perspective and view, but I've never sat low on temporary side. Thoughts?

We just got our season tix last week. The best we could buy were in Section 107, Row P. They are Level A seats, same as the ones you are looking for. We made a gift to the University and paid for two seat licenses. The tickets themselves were $450 each.

If you are really interested, the best bet is to contact the University and they will get you in contact with their Development staff.

Good luck and Lets Go Orange.

Last edited:
Hadn't seen that, thanks. I'm a fan of the temporary stands, easy in and out, beer access, trough, etc...

Another question, how low is too low over there? I used to sit in last row temporary stands, R, I think. I think it's good to be up a little for perspective and view, but I've never sat low on temporary side. Thoughts?
Juli Boeheim's seats are in the 2nd or 3rd row of the temporary stand, so I assume it must be okay at that level.

So after talking to friends and posting here, my understanding is that if you want to be a new season ticket holder in 100 level seats, you have to pay some absurd "gift". Or you can have a friend who already has seasons buy them for you during a certain window of time. Current holders are basically grandfathered in.

I had seasons for 5 years but they were through a friend. Moved away, gave them up. Now I'm back. Looks like I'm out of luck until that window next year. Don't mind dropping 2.5k on the tix. But the initial gift thing is preposterous. Particularly when it can easily be avoided by going through a current holder.

Is this pretty much correct?

Juli Boeheim's seats are in the 2nd or 3rd row of the temporary stand, so I assume it must be okay at that level.

Meh, obviously they are close to the action but I prefer not to watch a bunch of torsos run up and down the court. I'm a leg man.

There are season tix that aren't donation seats. Here is a link to the map that shows each donation level. You may have already seen this.

http://www.carrierdome.com/media/documents/2013/4/Basketball_Preferred_2013.pdf

I sat in 210-211 a couple seasons ago for some games and it wasn't too bad at all. The exit is right behind those stands and it was close enough to really get into the game. I'm going to have to give them a call and see if there are any seasons left for that area. Seems like a happy medium between being close and not paying a ton of money.

So after talking to friends and posting here, my understanding is that if you want to be a new season ticket holder in 100 level seats, you have to pay some absurd "gift". Or you can have a friend who already has seasons buy them for you during a certain window of time. Current holders are basically grandfathered in.

I had seasons for 5 years but they were through a friend. Moved away, gave them up. Now I'm back. Looks like I'm out of luck until that window next year. Don't mind dropping 2.5k on the tix. But the initial gift thing is preposterous. Particularly when it can easily be avoided by going through a current holder.

Is this pretty much correct?

It is possible to have someone with tickets increase their ticket quantity during renewal time. But if that is the case, they will get the tax deduction for the seat licenses, and the seats can only be within their current preferred level (if they are A level, they can buy more A level, etc). Moving up to A or B requires an initial donation. The initial donation seems a lot but it can be paid over 5 years, and is also tax deductible. Since my wife and I are both alums, we are looking at it as a way to give back to SU for everything the University has given us.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Section 126, if I remember right. It was the magical season of ought 9 and 10, and after the death of my mother, I went a little crazy and purchased two season tickets from a guy named Seth right behind Juli for myself and my daughter. You could hear the players talking! I mean, it was crazy! We sat there for the Nova game, one of the best ever. <sigh> Seth lived in North Carolina. His children were supposed to use his tickets, but they didn't.

After the season was over, I wondered, what should I do? Pay big bucks to Seth again, or return to the Little People in 309? But - the decision was made for me. Seth's kids were furious that he sold me the tickets, and he told me they were going to use them from now on. So, I returned to my roots, and it was all good. We are a little like family up there, and the view from Row B is fine. I am content to be with my peeps. But every now and then I might gaze across the court at Row 126, find Juli, and see "my" seats empty - again. And then I serenely think:

"You little effers."

It is possible to have someone with tickets increase their ticket quantity during renewal time. But if that is the case, they will get the tax deduction for the seat licenses, and the seats can only be within their current preferred level (if they are A level, they can buy more A level, etc). Moving up to A or B requires an initial donation. The initial donation seems a lot but it can be paid over 5 years, and is also tax deductible. Since my wife and I are both alums, we are looking at it as a way to give back to SU for everything the University has given us.

Got ya. And frankly 2.5k per year is plenty of a donation. I'll go ahead and grab 'em next year. Still the system is assanine. If you know somebody, ur cool. If not hopefully you have an extra 5-10k laying around. Tax deduction? Hilarious. Who cares?

Got ya. And frankly 2.5k per year is plenty of a donation. I'll go ahead and grab 'em next year. Still the system is assanine. If you know somebody, ur cool. If not hopefully you have an extra 5-10k laying around. Tax deduction? Hilarious. Who cares?

Just trying to answer your questions...no need to be a jerk about it. And frankly, this is not at all about being cool, it's about giving back. And I'd much rather give the money to SU than to the IRS...

Since my wife and I are both alums, we are looking at it as a way to give back to SU for everything the University has given us.
These "gifts" are to the Athletics Department. You may also wish to donate to the University proper via http://giving.syr.edu/, if you haven't already. If available, don't forget about potential gift matching.

Reactions: cto

He hates these cans!!!

We just got our season tix last week. The best we could buy were in Section 107, Row P. They are Level A seats, same as the ones you are looking for. We made a gift to the University and paid for two seat licenses. The tickets themselves were $450 each.

If you are really interested, the best bet is to contact the University and they will get you in contact with their Development staff.

Good luck and Lets Go Orange.
450 each for the season? Or per game?

$450 each for the season. The seat licenses are $750 each. The total for both tickets was $2400.

I agree. I dont like being down low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom