Second Favorite ACC Team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Second Favorite ACC Team

What is your second favorite ACC team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my youth 77 i was a dolphin fan ,then watched the Pitt-Dallas SB. I have been a Steeelers fan sense then went to collage and became a Pitt and PSU fan . In the 80's i moved toward Cuse fandom ...

As of late i'm more a FSU 2nd ( hate Miami )

As an SU fan, I despise ALL other ACC teams (Newman voice). But the one team I HATE the most is VT. Nothing good about VT. Team sucks! Fans suck! School sucks! Mascot sucks! School colors suck!, etc., etc, etc.

I agree with cuse309, SU basketball would be my second favorite ACC team.

I want all other ACC teams to lose every game. I want them to fail miserably. I want them to be sad and lonely. I want their wives, girlfriends and children to be ugly. I want them to pay more for car insurance. I want them to suffer from inflamed hemorrhoidal tissue. I want four out of five dentists to rip their teeth out. I want ICE to deport their kickers.

Would be curious the results of all other ACC teams were listed. Nobody likes Pitt, hell folks it Pittsburgh don't even show up for Pitt.

I'd be between UVA and Clemson and I don't mind Wake either. Aside from that the others are loathsome or don't even register

As I have said before, we are on the path that Clemson had years ago and if we get a bit more aggressive defensively we could follow all the way thru to their current spot. Dabo is class act and we could be playing money teams such as Bama and ped st u.

I used to have a lot of respect for the way Va Tech played under Beamer in their Glory Years.

Florida State and Miami have always been elite programs because of the local talent, and they will be back again soon.

I am SO happy to be in this league. I just wish the divisions had been constructed with a little more care and thoughtfulness, and we could have had SO much better rivalries.

And to get back to your point - yes, Dabo has built a culture there. He has done a hell of a job.

He did try to run it up on us that one year under Shafer, so I haven't forgotten that. But that's cool; that's how you build history with an opponent, and that's where REAL rivalry can be created.

We really need victories, one more time, over Clemson, Florida State and Louisville, and I promise you, those games will start feeling like real rivalries.

No one should have a second favorite college football team. No divided loyalties.
Go tell your wife who you second favorite wife is and see how that turns out?
True love has no 2nd.
Husband and wife talking in bed.
Wife: Dear, if I die will you remarry?
Husband: Maybe 10 or 15 years in the future I might get lonely and remarry.
Wife: Will you let her sleep in our bed?
Husband: No dear. I'd never do something like that and spoil your memory.
Wife: Would you let her drive my car?
Husband: No dear. I'd sell it because that car is yours and yours alone.
Wife: Would you let her use my golf clubs?
Husband: No dear. She's left-handed.

I used to have a lot of respect for the way Va Tech played under Beamer in their Glory Years.

Florida State and Miami have always been elite programs because of the local talent, and they will be back again soon.

I am SO happy to be in this league. I just wish the divisions had been constructed with a little more care and thoughtfulness, and we could have had SO much better rivalries.

And to get back to your point - yes, Dabo has built a culture there. He has done a hell of a job.

He did try to run it up on us that one year under Shafer, so I haven't forgotten that. But that's cool; that's how you build history with an opponent, and that's where REAL rivalry can be created.

We really need victories, one more time, over Clemson, Florida State and Louisville, and I promise you, those games will start feeling like real rivalries.
So very true

You were there for more than a brief visit, and you don't despise Dook and Dookies?
lol. Since the hood has blue and white chevrons, I guess that makes me at least an honorary Dookie. :p

UL would have happened already if it was ever going to happen.

I like clemson..class coach and program..i don't hate anyone really..they let us in their club..threw us a life boat..we would be in the American athletic conference..would have been a death sentence for a struggling football team and our hoops.. I'm grateful!

With the season almost here I'm curious what everyone's second favorite team is. I put some time into this so please answer truthfully.
I was traveling when you posted the poll, but Clemson is my 2nd favorite ACC team. In my own neurotic approach, I want Clemson to be successful because I want SU to be competitive with the best. We're partly defined by our competition. I want SU to be rivals of the best in the ACC...and the country.

Clemson has been easy to like. Dabo has been gracious in defeat and a good coach, I think. I like Virginia as well. I lived there for 30 years. Pitt is probably my least favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom