Secret Commits? | Syracusefan.com

Secret Commits?

OrangeBlood

Starter
I know that OE has said that Coach Marrone at his weekly lunch-in said that recruiting for 2012 is done. Coach also said there is commits that have not been announced yet.. Who is everyones best guess?
I would put my money on Morgan and one of the RBs idk which though.

Obviously Thompson was one, and I hope you are right on Morgan and another RB.

Morgan, Morris, and Scelfo... Sign me up!

Good Q. My guess is with Morgan, a RB named Morris, Lynch or Goins, and a LB, hopefully Neal (or fingers crossed, Perkins). No matter what HCDM says now, I have a hunch we're not done due to a soft verbal or two, academic border liners or possible gray shirts. Plus we have a bunch of non-commits scheduled to visit in December and probably 1-2 in January. Smallwood doesn't look like he's making it here in January, hopefully September. The math never makes sense, but it all works out in the long run.

The math never makes sense, but it all works out in the long run.

I have no clue how many 4th year players are returning and how many are graduating. I suspect we'll have a better idea after Senior Day.

One way or another, we'll be at or near 85 in August.

I'm hoping [like others] Morgan is one of them. I'm guessing that it will be one of the RB prospects [Lynch would be great], and I'll go out on a limb and suggest that another is the JUCO defensive end from Nassau, to help offset the graduation losses of Marinovich / Ball.

I'm hoping [like others] Morgan is one of them. I'm guessing that it will be one of the RB prospects [Lynch would be great], and I'll go out on a limb and suggest that another is the JUCO defensive end from Nassau, to help offset the graduation losses of Marinovich / Ball.

agree with Johnson out of Nassau... seems like he would be the perfect candidate for a "silent verbal" when considering the guys we have actually heard about throughout the year. In fact, makes even more sense if you think we might be trying to avoid the same mess we experienced with the Def Davis junk.

agree with Johnson out of Nassau... seems like he would be the perfect candidate for a "silent verbal" when considering the guys we have actually heard about throughout the year.

...and a guy who would [theoretically] be more ready to make an immediate contribution next year.

...and a guy who would [theoretically] be more ready to make an immediate contribution next year.

should be more talented than Ball, and we saw how valuable he became. Even if it just pushes Micah to be the best he can be, such a commit would have value. And I edited my statement too, what do you think about the Def Davis tie in?

Hadn't considered that--it would certainly make sense, though.

Ya know, Byron Johnson makes a lot of sense. A big DE, which we need on the strongside, a Nassau CC connection, projects to be a mid-year recruit (and Smallwood no longer looks like he'll be here mid-year) and 3 years of eligability. I'll put him down as a sleeper, if not already a silent commit.

I'd be shocked if Morgan isn't orange within 2 weeks.

johnprofile_1__normal.jpg
JohnGarcia_JrJohn Garcia Jr
Walls told me he spoke to coach Wheatley yesterday, said SU was "filled up" with a "swarm of commits." Makes me think a rb ...

...has committed under the radar recently, possibly a lb

Walls told me he spoke to coach Wheatley yesterday, said SU was "filled up" with a "swarm of commits." Makes me think a rb ...

Makes me think a LB... if we really wanted Walls at RB we would have just let him commit at that position 6 months ago.

Akeel Lynch...? :D

Any chance chandler goes pro and we need that juco DE for his side?

then you have myles davis who has had 3 knee operations,who do we really have at mlb after spruill who plays better on the outside

Coker