SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwed again by the clowns on the commitee.
Give me a break!! 2 wins on the road!! Terrible losses to totally inept teams. Questionable coaching decisions. We got what we deserved. Team had so many chances to get it done and did not do it. I don't blame the committee at all.

You may think we don't "deserve" to be in but if you compare us to the other bubble teams the only criteria that works against us is lack of road wins. And to that point, the ACC was more difficult than any conference in terms of road wins.

They have always mentioned road and neutral wins. Always.

They specifically mentioned it last year when we got in.
Politely disagree. See the minor modification:

They have always mentioned road and neutral wins AGAINST DECENT COMPETITION. Always.

What they said this year and we don't give a crap who you played or who you beat. We only care how many wins and where they occurred.

Here comes the whining.

So many chances to win the one game we needed and we blew them all.

Sucks, but we have no one to blame but ourselves.
There's time to be egalitarian later.

Tin foil hat - we made the NCAA look dumb last season ("It's like Syracuse wasn't even punished!). We left ourselves vulnerable, they called in the hit, now we're out of the tourney.

Apparently beating Miami would have made no difference. It wouldn't erase the bad losses. And since we would have gotten crushed next game by UNC the 1 extra win wouldn't matter. Look at the bubble teams that got in ahead of us. They had almost no good OOC wins. We played 14 games against the top 50 compared to USC's 8. I think Vandy may have even played fewer.

We don't have to do that...we have to have to beat all the bad teams we play. That's it. We beat UConn, Georgetown, SJU and BC and we're not worrying about this.

That + don't just go through the motions in the conference tourney.

Feel bad for AW3 and Gillon. Awesome players who deserved a better season and outcome.

They contributed as much as anyone to those losses. They contributed to wins, but plenty of games where they played bad.

We don't have to do that...we have to have to beat all the bad teams we play. That's it. We beat UConn, Georgetown, SJU and BC and we're not worrying about this.

I get it, but throw a bone to one or two OOC teams. Then we have 4 road wins. We lost on numbers, not skill or the eye test.

I'm sick of Wichita St. no power 5 team would rather face a 10 seed from the ACC than them.

At first glance it seems they did a pretty good job. Yes, I would have liked us to be in but there was a reason I have been conservative for the past few weeks. We had major holes that are part of the primary factors for selection.

You can pick and choose what you want, but if you look at the factors you could see we were exposed in areas of judgment.

There's time to be egalitarian later.

Tin foil hat - we made the NCAA look dumb last season ("It's like Syracuse wasn't even punished!). We left ourselves vulnerable, they called in the hit, now we're out of the tourney.
The "NCAA" doesn't give a crap about that nonsense. We lost to 5 crappy teams. Win one.

How apropos that in this rollercoaster ride of a season, we were inches away from getting in.
You simply to get horn-swaggled by SJU to years in a row, and expect to catch a break. We had chances to solidify our resume and blew each and every one of them. I'm sorry, not surprised in. the. least.

Blew each and every one of them? Don't understand that at all. That Duke win was huge and most thought we were in after that. Then we man handled Gtech, another must win. We won many games to build our resume; looks like we were just short by 1.

The Athletic Department needs to stop worrying about money. We need to play on the road. We beat two our cupcakes on the road, and we're in. They care about money, but making the Tourney should offset that. Though, they're probably happy to get more income as a 1 seed in the NIT. Personally won't spend money when all they care about is money, and not these kids.

Great post, you are the only one that gets it in this sea of orange colored glasses. Thank you. If cuse got in this tear it would have been totally based on television savvy and ratings. If we got in, people would have been calling for transparency next year. The committee got it right. We weren't a tourney team this year. If we got in, it was subjective , just the name.

We only needed to beat ONE of UConn, GTown, SJU, and BC and we would have been in.

Or Llvll at home would have certainly clinched a bid.
Or not getting called for that BS "moving screen" at GaTech.

Oh well.
Unlike UConn, GTown, SJU, and BC - at least we were relevant until a few minutes ago.

Committee is no longer giving more weight to good wins vs bad losses. So we must change our scheduling. Drop all former Big East teams and replace with pure cupcakes. Must ensure an undefeated OOC. Doesn't matter if all dogs. NCAA will regret that. They spent last 10 years going in opposite direction.

Ding ding ding, We have a winner folks !

No more BE teams ever. Nothing but downside.

Jesus what does that even mean Barkley

Great post, you are the only one that gets it in this sea of orange colored glasses. Thank you. If cuse got in this tear it would have been totally based on television savvy and ratings. If we got in, people would have been calling for transparency next year. The committee got it right. We weren't a tourney team this year. If we got in, it was subjective , just the name.

I think you should probably return to the football side because that is a load of crap. I'm not complaining, because if you put yourself on the bubble, so be it. However, I can also see very well that we could have made it in when looking at usc's resume. That must be due to tv savvy and ratings too i guess.

10 wins in the ACC gets you snubbed? Such bullstuff

Entire body of work. They have applied it and made it clear for almost years. We put ourselves in a massive hole to start January 1.

You can criticize the model and criteria, but they applied them fine.

Here comes the whining.

So many chances to win the one game we needed and we blew them all.

Sucks, but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I blame Ben Lammers having a career game when the crowd drained our guys. If we won that game(or any other), we got in. I still think we should have, but 1 more win would make it easy.

Imagine if we go to Monmouth, and win. Then we just play whatever cupcake you want at their house. Yeah, we should have beat BC. The committee doesn't watch basketball. We as a private school haven't learned that. Our recruiting should be fun. Where are all the big donors at, so we can play less in the Dome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom