SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently beating Miami would have made no difference. It wouldn't erase the bad losses. And since we would have gotten crushed next game by UNC the 1 extra win wouldn't matter. Look at the bubble teams that got in ahead of us. They had almost no good OOC wins. We played 14 games against the top 50 compared to USC's 8. I think Vandy may have even played fewer.
Vandy was 6-8 against the top 50 like us. If we beat Miami in the ACC Tournament we would be in. That would be 7 top 50 wins and an RPI in the upper 60s to low 70s. They couldn't leave us out then.

Apparently beating Miami would have made no difference. It wouldn't erase the bad losses. And since we would have gotten crushed next game by UNC the 1 extra win wouldn't matter. Look at the bubble teams that got in ahead of us. They had almost no good OOC wins. We played 14 games against the top 50 compared to USC's 8. I think Vandy may have even played fewer.
nah Miami in the acct woulda got us in

Jesus what does that even mean Barkley

I kinda got the impression that he thought the committee, because of the public perception from last year that we didn't deserve a bid, went the other way on us this year.

I'm always cheering for the Orange, but in the back of my mind I was dreading another frustrating loss. :oops:

The "NCAA" doesn't give a crap about that nonsense. We lost to 5 crappy teams. Win one.
Pfft, like the NCAA's predictable.

They do what they do.

Schedule a road swing where you play Pacific and Pepperdine in a weekend. In.

I kinda got the impression that he thought the committee, because of the public perception from last year that we didn't deserve a bid, went the other way on us this year.
Barkley is right here (can't believe I'm saying that). It had to affect them subconsciously

Blew each and every one of them? Don't understand that at all. That Duke win was huge and most thought we were in after that. Then we man handled Gtech, another must win. We won many games to build our resume; looks like we were just short by 1.
Stop...please stop. We "shoulda, coulda, woulda" alot of teams, but we just simply did not. If we beat Pitt or Miami, we're in. They HAD THEIR CHANCES and always, someone didn't show up, and the job didn't get done. We had UL on the ropes at home, & blew it. A miracle shot beats Duke and then we proceed to lay an egg vs Pitt. We have a final shot to take out UM, we lose in Brooklyn, not to mention the numerous eggs we laid in not beating our old BE rivals. We did this to ourselves, the committee simply put us out of our misery.

All of Wake's losses were to teams that made the tournament except for 2 losses to Clemson. We had to come from behind to beat them in the dome. I can't complain about Wake getting in ahead of us.
Wish I felt the same way but I don't look at their record verse top 50 and look at how many quality wins we had and we beat them we beat them again we beat them and we had a better conference record they get credit for beating

Wish I felt the same way but I don't look at their record verse top 50 and look at how many quality wins we had and we beat them we beat them again we beat them and we had a better conference record they get credit for beating
Boston College give me a break

Not sure if anyone cares, but this will likely give Boeheim and us a 20 win season, at least.

I think you should probably return to the football side because that is a load of crap. I'm not complaining, because if you put yourself on the bubble, so be it. However, I can also see very well that we could have made it in when looking at usc's resume. That must be due to tv savvy and ratings too i guess.

What's your argument for cuse in the tourney?

We probably shouldn't have been in last year. They gave us a break and put us in and we got to the Final 4. This stinks, but we didn't force the committee to put us in - we only had 1 plus on our resume.

Stop...please stop. We "shoulda, coulda, woulda" alot of teams that we just simply did not. We beat Pitt or Miami, we're in. They HAD THEIR CHANCES and always, someone didn't show up, and the job didn't get done. We had UL on the ropes at home, & blew it. A miracle shot beats Duke and then we proceed to lay an egg vs Pitt. We have a final shot to take out UM, we lose in Brooklyn, not to mention the numerous eggs we laid in beating our old BE rivals. We did this to ourselves, the committee simply put us out of our misery.
We can think we have ourselves to blame and still think USC over us is an absolute joke. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Stop...please stop. We "shoulda, coulda, woulda" alot of teams that we just simply did not. We beat Pitt or Miami, we're in. They HAD THEIR CHANCES and always, someone didn't show up, and the job didn't get done. We had UL on the ropes at home, & blew it. A miracle shot beats Duke and then we proceed to lay an egg vs Pitt. We have a final shot to take out UM, we lose in Brooklyn, not to mention the numerous eggs we laid in beating our old BE rivals. We did this to ourselves, the committee simply put us out of our misery.

Either lighten up on the cocktails or stop typing. I NEVER said anything about could/should/would. My post was directed towards your over the top comments (which I'm not suprised) about us not taking care of ANY chances we had. That's just false dude. Yeah, we obviously came up short but we did win games at the time that were thought of as must win. It's easy now to look and dissect things to fit your narrative. Go at it, I guess.

Yep...people aren't even mentioning we lost AT PITT and AT GTECH. Two crummy teams, late in the season, after we "figured it out" and we lost. We lost.

On CBS they talked why Cuse wasnt in...nobody else... Bad losses were NOT mentioned...mostly road losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom