SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep...people aren't even mentioning we lost AT PITT and AT GTECH. Two crummy teams, late in the season, after we "figured it out" and we lost. We lost.
We weren't healthy for those games.

As you know.

But details.

Seriously? We lost to SJU by 30 at home

What does that have to do with anything? It was 4 months ago, since when did bad losses have more value than good wins? It just doesn't make sense when you compare us to USC & K State & Wake.

We were what 6/7th in the ACC, with 10-8! We were like 4th in wins vs the top 6 in ACC.

We beat Duke two weeks ago, and we lost to SJ what 16 weeks ago?

Again, we put ourselves on the bubble. Everyone knows it could go either way. Any bubble team neither "deserves" to be in or out. It is what it is. These posts about changing our scheduling and whatnot sound like some mid-major crap that we expect will make or break us every year. We are Syracuse. Want to get in - win more! Stay off the bubble if you want to be happy. We will be fine. Despite all the doom and gloom posts on the State of the Union in other threads, I have faith. I've been a fan for 40 plus years. Nobody & I mean nobody has been as consistent as our program. To talk about a 2 or 3 year slide as the beginning of the end is absurd. Big picture...LGO

NCAA should go back to considering current status(recent games, what the team is now). Most of our bad losses were early, while the team had growing pains! The current team was much stronger than the team that was growing and getting used to one another.

When you take the St John/UConn/Georgetown/BC losses and stack them next to must-win games we didn't win - GT, Mia, Pitt it's too much to overlook. We were lucky last year, and I'm thankful for that and the F4 run. But we just plain didn't earn it this year.

NCAA should go back to considering current status(recent games, what the team is now). Most of our bad losses were early, while the team had growing pains! The current team was much stronger than the team that was growing and getting used to one another.

Weren't we like 3-7 down the stretch? *edit*. 5-5. Still.

Wish I felt the same way but I don't look at their record verse top 50 and look at how many quality wins we had and we beat them we beat them again we beat them and we had a better conference record they get credit for beating
The committee doesn't focus 100% on quality wins, nor should they. Going 4-4 against teams ranked 101-200 killed SU.

Either lighten up on the cocktails or stop typing. I NEVER said anything about could/should/would. My post was directed towards your over the top comments (which I'm not suprised) about us not taking care of ANY chances we had. That's just false dude. Yeah, we obviously came up short but we did win games at the time that were thought of as must win. It's easy now to look and dissect things to fit your narrative. Go at it, I guess.
Really? "We did win games at the time that were thought of as must win"? Nonsense.
UM in Brooklyn? Must win= L. At Pitt? Must win= L. If your narrative was even remotely cogent, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. We certainly DID NOT "win games that were thought of at the time as must win". Sad...but true.

What does that have to do with anything? It was 4 months ago, since when did bad losses have more value than good wins? It just doesn't make sense when you compare us to USC & K State & Wake.

We were what 6/7th in the ACC, with 10-8! We were like 4th in wins vs the top 6 in ACC.

We beat Duke two weeks ago, and we lost to SJ what 16 weeks ago?

Yeah, that's what is frustrating to me. The committee can look at situations where a coach is out (which helped us last year) or a star player. However, with a team with so many new parts, it took us a while to get going. Unfortunately, that's not something they look at any longer. I'm fine with that as long as they're consistent.

Again, we put ourselves on the bubble. Everyone knows it could go either way. Any bubble team neither "deserves" to be in or out. It is what it is. These posts about changing our scheduling and whatnot sound like some mid-major crap that we expect will make or break us every year.

Bang on

What are you talking about? :bat:

I really hope you are trolling!

Playing a major conference tourney in Greensboro is bush league. Boeheim speaks his mind, he's a grumpy guy after a loss... Does that frighten you? He's right, Greensboro provides zero value! It's a damn big business, these guys aren't here to placate the 200 bureaucrats who live in Greensboro!

It's OK to be offended, you won't wake up with leprosy tomorrow.

We also lost 5 of our last 7.

I think you should probably return to the football side because that is a load of crap. I'm not complaining, because if you put yourself on the bubble, so be it. However, I can also see very well that we could have made it in when looking at usc's resume. That must be due to tv savvy and ratings too i guess.

2-11 on the road. Would have been the worst team to make the tourney. Get real cuse nation. Out if 32 games, we held our hat on 3 games. Gimme a break. There is this huge pretentious attitude on this board. For years we have been called out for a bad OOC . So, yes, this year, we played some good teams in the OOC. after that, 3 wins at home against top 20 teams? 2-11 on tbe road? Please gimme your argument.

Guys about the road wins thing - we very easily could have been 0-13 away from home. That Clemson game was a good comeback then Tyus gets the WIDE open 3 because Clemson thought he was Roberson and the big man left him.

Then down by 16 to NCState with like 8 minutes and a heroic effort from Gillon.

This team was completely different at home.

This is completely on us, IMO

What the is your problem? You just looking for someone to spar with? Ridiculous.

Go back and read these posts when you're not emotional and if you're honest with yourself, you will see you are clearly off base.
Look, if you disagree with my take, fine. But this psuedo psycho-analytic BS is totally beside the point. We are all "emotional", but I'm not calling you out personally as having some dysfunctional perspective, based on nothing more than a different POV.
Get over yourself, Sigmund Freud...its not that serious.

We also lost 5 of our last 7.

But they werent blowouts, or against bad teams, like earlier in the season. I mean, you have games like Ben Lammers having a career-type game...it wasnt just SU **itting the bed. The NCAA should look more at the eye test of our current strength... the level of play was better than some teams that made it.

All of Wake's losses were to teams that made the tournament except for 2 losses to Clemson. We had to come from behind to beat them in the dome. I can't complain about Wake getting in ahead of us.
So we should play Wake's OOC schedule. Take no chances on a loss. Going to 20 ACC games means we should play 1 dogs + the B1G game.

Guys about the road wins thing - we very easily could have been 0-13 away from home. That Clemson game was a good comeback then Tyus gets the WIDE open 3 because Clemson thought he was Roberson and the big man left him.

Then down by 16 to NCState with like 8 minutes and a heroic effort from Gillon.

This team was completely different at home.

This is completely on us, IMO
While you're correct, I really hope that wasn't used as grounds to not invite us.

These things need to be determined on results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom