SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 win from being in. Im blaming Ben Lammers having a career type game for keeping us out. ugh!!! :(

The Athletic Department needs to stop worrying about money. We need to play on the road. We beat two our cupcakes on the road, and we're in. They care about money, but making the Tourney should offset that. Though, they're probably happy to get more income as a 1 seed in the NIT. Personally won't spend money when all they care about is money, and not these kids.

So we now have another example of 6 top 50 wins not making it... USC was the joke add. Looks like Rhode Island winning took a spot.

I still don't get that we BEAT wake and they got a spot ahead of us. Absolutely pathetic as head to head should matter.

Disagree. It's not worth it to get in this debate though...everyone is very emotional right now.

The numbers are the numbers. We lost to bad teams and didn't win a good game on the road.

When did road wins predict tourney performance? When did road wins determine the field?

Three top 10 wins FFS! I believe there were only 2-3 teams in the ACC with more road wins than us. I believe UNC was the only team with 4 or more road wins.

1 more win and we were definitely in.

This is all so disappointing.

When did road wins predict tourney performance? When did road wins determine the field?

Three top 10 wins FFS! I believe there were only 2-3 teams in the ACC with more road wins than us. I believe UNC was the only team with 4 or more road wins.

They have always mentioned road and neutral wins. Always.

They specifically mentioned it last year when we got in.

The Athletic Department needs to stop worrying about money. We need to play on the road. We beat two our cupcakes on the road, and we're in. They care about money, but making the Tourney should offset that. Though, they're probably happy to get more income as a 1 seed in the NIT. Personally won't spend money when all they care about is money, and not these kids.

We don't have to do that...we have to have to beat all the bad teams we play. That's it. We beat UConn, Georgetown, SJU and BC and we're not worrying about this.

Sucks, but can't complain. Don't want to see the "message committee is sending" posts. That's mid-major BS. We're Syracuse. Should've won more and not left it in committees hands. Looks like RI may have nabbed that last spot...Angry, pissed, disappointed but not sour grapes

Here comes the whining.

So many chances to win the one game we needed and we blew them all.

Sucks, but we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Exactly. But the usual crowd is whining.

How apropos that in this rollercoaster ride of a season, we were inches away from getting in.
You simply cannot get horn-swaggled by SJU two years in a row, and expect to catch a break. We had chances to solidify our resume and blew each and every one of them. I'm sorry, not surprised in. the. least.

we did it to ourselves, but USC and Wake over us is absurd
Absolutely. USC had only 2 top 20 wins and they were at home LOL. We also beat wake head to head... so that doesn't matter when resumes are close now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom