Selection Sunday thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday thread...

Bryant is 8-9 this season, and may not get past Marist.

They were 6-9 going into this weekend. Are people really worried about Bryant?

UGH...Ugh...ugh Massa can give Williams some real competition at the X. Not happy...not happy at all...

Massa and Waldt are toe huge pains in the asses. But after losing to them last year I can't fathom Syracuse not coming into this game ready to play. Assuming it is Bryant and not Marist.

Obviously I'm concerned about Bryant defense but again it's the third year in a row there playing. There's only so many wrinkles Pressler can come up with. Bryant is also a bad offensive team they have really struggled to score pretty much the entire year. I will post some or of my thoughts tomorrow but from an SU standpoint after last year how can they not be ready to play?

But it really was about findings a way to put ND and Denver together because of travel. Silly.
If they are in penny-pinching mode, they would have had the Cornell-Albany game in Albany. That would have generated an extra 3-5K fans.

They were 6-9 going into this weekend. Are people really worried about Bryant?

The issue isn't that Bryant is a great or even really a good team it's that they have the key ingredients a team needs to really give su trouble and as you saw last year in an extreme case actually pull off an upset.

Bryant lost 2 or 3 key offensive players from last year's team and is really not strong there. The one concern I would have from am su standpoint is that if Waldt and Massa play out of there minds again will sun overcome it like two years ago or will they panic remembering last year and start to press?

That's what we said last year. Pressler is a great coach. Most of that team has already enjoyed beating Syracuse in the Dome. Their goalie can be hot. I hate this match-up.

P.S. Carcatera & Quint aren't wild about our defense.

This isn't last year's team.neither is Bryant. This year's matchup, if it happens, is equivalent to a 16-1 matchup in the basketball tourney.

The difference between 1 and 2 is very minor in that we would get UNC in semis and not the NC game, but the reasoning given is terrible. Also, how the F does Ohio State get in the tourney? I am not worried about Hopkins their defense isn't good and we played bad this year and beat them.

I honestly don't get why ND had to be #1 because they had to be with Denver.

My Final 4
ND
Denver
Maryland
SU

There are alot of good teams on our side of the bracket, but getting the 2 seed was a pretty favorable outcome. Don't have to worry about playing Denver, Notre Dame or Duke until the championship game.

Bryant is 8-9 I'll take my chances, they might not get by Marist

The #2 seed seems to be a better draw. If you're ND how happy are you to see Albany in game 2 ? And we're worried about Bryant?

The defensive knock by Quint? Its somewhat bunk because it was against UNC (the #3 seed) and Duke the #5 and a hot offensive team. Those are two great offensive teams, (how come he didn't pick on their Ds for giving up more goals than we did). We won those games he's picking on. We didn't play poor off ball defense against scrubs.

Who has the best offense on our side of the bracket? We do.

Syracuse lost 2 games to the top ranked teams by 3 goals on their home fields. Missing Staats.

You have to bring the A game every time out in the NCAA nowadays. It doesn't matter the draw or the bracket. Everyone is looking at their bracket saying oh sheet.

And the big 10 getting 3 teams is a joke. Ohio state wow lol. Even quint blasted the little ten.

Last edited:
At least a six goal win.

I think Syracuse wins but I dont know if it will be by that much. In the second half of the year Bryant lost 10-9 to UNC, 10-9 to Albany and 9-8 Brown. There defense has put it together, offensively there still a weak team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom