Sell Out Saturday night | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Sell Out Saturday night

Hmmn. Opinion vs. fact. I'll play. A larger FACTor...that will keep attendance down; is that it's a fact that most locals just don't care about SU football. :)

Has nothing to do with a rainstorm which was the topic. It’s fact bad weather harms attendance at any event. Even voting. And while people complain about the locals, it’s close to all we have as the attendance by alumni and people outside the syracuse area has cratered.

LOLOL.

Do you go to all the games?
No, but I live 300 miles away. We went to the FSU game. Sat in 310 - great seats. It was a bit warm. So my wife, not a big beer drinker, said “let’s get a beer at halftime.” So, we did. Stayed to the very end. We are going to BC - 5 people total. Traffic around BC? Syracuse locals would lose their minds.

If every hotel room in the city wasn't spoken for I'd be up there this weekend. Hoping for a respectable crowd Saturday night. I don't think 40K is asking too much.

Just checked Expedia and the Hampton Inn in Clay on Rt. 31 has availability.

I know a handful of people going to the game that wouldn't normally be there.

Also looks like those $10 tickets are gone as the code is not valid anymore.

I'm guessing it hits 40K rain or not

Last edited:

Right now it looks like the entire upper half of the the 300 level is not for sale ( goal line to goal line ) and the 300 end zone is about 60% sold. They have clearly blocked out 2 or 3 k for the students /family weekend which makes it hard to get an accurate total. May have blocked out some for the other promotions as well.. Im guessing about 35 as of now.

If every hotel room in the city wasn't spoken for I'd be up there this weekend. Hoping for a respectable crowd Saturday night. I don't think 40K is asking too much.

Wow, you're not exaggerating: Save big with Hotwire

I don't know what's more ridiculous, $205 for a Motel 6 by Hancock, or $639 for the Courtyard by Marriott at the Armory. I'm amazed that the rack rate for a mid-level hotel in Syracuse could possibly be that high.

Did you look at Cortland and Tully?

Being down in NYC, I don't drive. Was hoping to stay in the city so that I could walk or take Uber. Not knowing that the game coincides with Family Weekend is my fault. My folks learned the hard way that rooms are booked months in advance.

No, but I live 300 miles away. We went to the FSU game. Sat in 310 - great seats. It was a bit warm. So my wife, not a big beer drinker, said “let’s get a beer at halftime.” So, we did. Stayed to the very end. We are going to BC - 5 people total. Traffic around BC? Syracuse locals would lose their minds.

Do you think if this hits it might hurt the walkup crowd? I bet it would hurt the crowd of people that already have tickets.

Heavy rain and wind likely for Central New York this weekend

That will definitely hurt attendance. Anyone who says it won’t isn’t being realistic.

There’s a few here who mocked it.

There’s a few here who mocked it.
Well they’re not being realistic then. We have hundreds attend due to tailgating being the main event. Once tailgatings no longer an enjoyable option, for most, we start losing heads.

Would love to see what's keeping the fans from attending now. $110 is pretty steep for those seats, but any cheap seats left in the building should be eaten up.

Per the article written by Nate Mink this afternoon $10 tickets are still available.

Syracuse is also offering a discounted ticket through its Faith and Family promotion. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Marina Agacinski (315-443-6660/mragacin) and mentioning "Faith and Family Day."

Best thing to do if you aren't going with a BC Booster (the parking is crazy with Shea Field ripped up now) is to park at the satellite lots off of Route 128 and take the bus in (all free). It's easy to do and gets you out of the Chestnut Hill traffic chicanery.

Per the article written by Nate Mink this afternoon $10 tickets are still available.

Syracuse is also offering a discounted ticket through its Faith and Family promotion. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Marina Agacinski (315-443-6660/mragacin) and mentioning "Faith and Family Day."

The faith18 doesn’t work anymore. I can’t find a $10 anywhere

Right now it looks like the entire upper half of the the 300 level is not for sale ( goal line to goal line )

I think they're just not being sold through Ticketmaster. It said the same thing last week at this time, and there were PLENTY of seats in the sidelines, upper half of upper deck. Big pockets actually.

Are they all the promotion seats?

I think we should drop the corner seats in the 200 level to the same $35 as the upper deck. Not that much different. Not enough of those seats are going at $50. No reason those shouldn't be full.

The faith18 doesn’t work anymore. I can’t find a $10 anywhere
You have to call the Syracuse University point of contact in the post above to get the $10 tickets. They are still for sale just not on Ticketmaster.