Sell Out Saturday night | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Sell Out Saturday night

LOL no weather condition is conducive for tickets according to this board. Sunny out? Too nice. Snowing? Too much like basketball season. Raining? No walk-ups to the game.

My goodness we play in a DOME weather shouldn’t matter. Sadly it does.

Raining? No walk-ups to the game.

My goodness we play in a DOME weather shouldn’t matter. Sadly it does.

It’s a fact anyplace. If we got a big rain storm Saturday it will hurt walk up attendance. That’s just a fact. You can mock it because we play in a dome but fans still have to get to the dome and back to their cars. It’s not an excuse it’s a fact it’ll hurt.

Yeah Rochester is the real head-scratcher to me. Huge basketball following there but they appear to be basketball only fans.

I live in Rochester, and it is Bills, Bills Bills here. Not much interest/advertising in SU football. Seems like a lost opportunity.

It’s a fact anyplace. If we got a big rain storm Saturday it will hurt walk up attendance. That’s just a fact. You can mock it because we play in a dome but fans still have to get to the dome and back to their cars. It’s not an excuse it’s a fact it’ll hurt.

Wasn’t mocking it, literally saying it’s a shame that it’s an issue because it’s a Dome.

I live in Rochester, and it is Bills, Bills Bills here. Not much interest/advertising in SU football. Seems like a lost opportunity.

I always wondered if a game at Rich Stadium during the renovation wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for the program. It would draw from Canada, Niagra, Buffalo, Rochester. I feel like it would be a great way to market the Orange to CNY. Obviously would make sense if it was Buffalo we were playing

I was wondering this because I couldn't remember the last time. Thanks
I remember Saturday night games vs. Louisville and UCONN during the Gerg Error. We actually beat Louisville and Kragthorpe but got blown out by UCONN/Edsall.

I always wondered if a game at Rich Stadium during the renovation wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for the program. It would draw from Canada, Niagra, Buffalo, Rochester. I feel like it would be a great way to market the Orange to CNY. Obviously would make sense if it was Buffalo we were playing

You could likely get a big name home and home series if one game was at their place and 1 at the Ralph. Even SEC schools like Bama who refuse to travel OOC may think about it.

Wisconsin series would have been good for this I'm still furious we allowed that to be cancelled and didn't have faith in Dinos O vs an offense straight out of the 60s.

If we are legit and an ACC powerhouse and the Bills stink its a huge opportunity charge 20 bucks for all tickets to games against opponents that aren't major names and make it GA there might be more people in the stands than you think.

Maybe the university, upstate and crouse can partner up to build a 20-story parking garage that is attached to the dome. Fans would never get wet, but they might still feel a chill in the air.

Maybe the university, upstate and crouse can partner up to build a 20-story parking garage that is attached to the dome. Fans would never get wet, but they might still feel a chill in the air.

Yea, that’s realistic.

great first what are you watching in 4k or ultra hd? some services are broadcasting small bits in it but the content itself is not 4k or ultra hd. 2nd you have to have paid up to have that tv to use the stream. 3rd when you are watching your stream do you never change channels to watch other things. i know a lot of people have played the game and dumped cable to find some it is better, but much of it is not. ISPs are gonna get back the money someplace so the big savings will be gone soon and you still have to hope capacity keeps up which most cable ISPs cant unless they really beef up the fiber to the house and thats a huge cost.

unless directv doubles its price it will be a long time until streaming comes close to what they give me.

I have a non cable ISP. Straight fiber capable of a gigabit.

Only time I watch network television, is for football. My OTA picture quality is MUCH better than the Comcast/Direct TV signal. Cable signal looked like Minecraft, in comparison. Sucks watching at someone's house with cable.

Everything else is ultra/4k. Why would I change a show in the middle, when it doesn't have commercials?

There is a new format that should have OTA broadcasting 4k within a year. Cable/satellite would be like switching to AM radio, that forces you to go through a time share presentation, to listen to your show.

As far as capacity. At any given time the internet is 40% Netflix. They are dropping drains in Main/satellite locations to keep traffic off the internet.

You are correct that cable ISP's will use Net neutrality to charge you for streaming. I don't use a cable based ISP. If I did, I would use a proxy.

I have so much commercial free, higher quality tv, that it's downright evil. ;-)

To each his own. I'd pay much more for what I have than I'd pay for cable. I don't mind keeping the extra $1500 a year, but it has nothing to do with that.

I paid $500 for a 60 inch Samsung 4k tv. Cheaper than the $2600 I laid out when HDTVs came out. Cheap.

Streaming isn't crappy. I prefer 4k, and the higher signal quality of OTA.

As you note 45k is a reasonable number to shoot for.

However this will require a break in normal patterns. And this games import is off the charts not only because of the obvious 6 win bowl plateau but because of the Dino factor. This is the first time I'd imagine he's gonna be looking at support as a true bell weather as to what's possible here. First Saturday night game in almost 10 years I read.

We need to pull out all the stops at every level of interested parties for this one. Again break from the routine. For example In the attempt to avoid crying wolf I only engage and encourage the casuals in my sphere at times like this. Hectoring them with texts and emails. Buying 5 extras this week to give them away, if every regular can bring just one extra person we'd be there.

Similarly I'm wrapping up at our usual fine mess tailgate an hour early and will encourage all others to do the same, get in there early to start creating atmosphere and let Dino and the team for the FIRST TIME see the place packed and already rocking as they enter.

The university need do the same as they may already be with ticket deals/the quad experience, but also do more to think outside the box and do things like to create atmosphere and, for example, consider lower the lighting for the now televised walk out of the locker room to the field as they then run out onto the dome field, advertise this, and other, atmospheric enhancements, give away Otto bobble heads, etc.

The city too, what a perfect opportunity for the new mayor and new county legislator to make a mark and hype up this game/event with some PR and a couple of unique events city and county wide.

Whatever it takes man, pull out all the stops, speak in cliches, who cares, just do it, them and all of us. Game on, let's do it...

Great inspiration.

If less than 40k, all major games should be moved to MetLife to at least get money for the lack of attendance.

I’m around Clemson, USC and UGA fans a lot. It’s a minor difference in phrasing but means a lot...

“I hope it doesn’t rain because we’re going to the game Saturday”

As opposed to..

“I hope it doesn’t rain so I can go to the game on Saturday”

Don’t get me wrong, Cuse has done nothing to warrant the fan support those 3 programs get, but if we start winning, I hope we get more of the former and less of the latter.

I’m around Clemson, USC and UGA fans a lot. It’s a minor difference in phrasing but means a lot...

“I hope it doesn’t rain because we’re going to the game Saturday”

As opposed to..

“I hope it doesn’t rain so I can go to the game on Saturday”

Don’t get me wrong, Cuse has done nothing to warrant the fan support those 3 programs get, but if we start winning, I hope we get more of the former and less of the latter.

It was said about the walk up crowd and was based on a major rainstorm. I guarantee if those other schools got a major rainstorm on game day it would cut down on the walk up crowd.

people want to cut costs. people switched to crappy streams for TV to save money too. now its not even a tax write off any more to buy the preferred seats for most
Why not. Isn’t it (client entertainment). Lol.

Tickets in 211 row k were 4 for 250 so I don’t think that’s bad. I’m in 212 and I love it

We start winning again consistently and we will be ok. Miss the crowds in McNabb era but Td will bring them back. Slowly but surely.

I have a non cable ISP. Straight fiber capable of a gigabit.

Only time I watch network television, is for football. My OTA picture quality is MUCH better than the Comcast/Direct TV signal. Cable signal looked like Minecraft, in comparison. Sucks watching at someone's house with cable.

Everything else is ultra/4k. Why would I change a show in the middle, when it doesn't have commercials?

There is a new format that should have OTA broadcasting 4k within a year. Cable/satellite would be like switching to AM radio, that forces you to go through a time share presentation, to listen to your show.

As far as capacity. At any given time the internet is 40% Netflix. They are dropping drains in Main/satellite locations to keep traffic off the internet.

You are correct that cable ISP's will use Net neutrality to charge you for streaming. I don't use a cable based ISP. If I did, I would use a proxy.

I have so much commercial free, higher quality tv, that it's downright evil. ;-)

To each his own. I'd pay much more for what I have than I'd pay for cable. I don't mind keeping the extra $1500 a year, but it has nothing to do with that.

I paid $500 for a 60 inch Samsung 4k tv. Cheaper than the $2600 I laid out when HDTVs came out. Cheap.

Streaming isn't crappy. I prefer 4k, and the higher signal quality of OTA.

Your name doesn't happen to be Chip Douglas?

We start winning again consistently and we will be ok. Miss the crowds in McNabb era but Td will bring them back. Slowly but surely.

Guilty pleasure...having room to stretch out and put my stuff because of the empty seats near me.

Hmmn. Opinion vs. fact. I'll play. A larger FACTor...that will keep attendance down; is that it's a fact that most locals just don't care about SU football. :)

Last edited: