Semi OT: the Miami Heat regularly play 2-3 zone now... | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT: the Miami Heat regularly play 2-3 zone now...

JrodCuse

All Conference
And they’re dominant at it. Has Spo and JB crosses paths at all? The Heat have been employing zone as an alternate defense for about the last year and they’re really, really good at it.

And they’re dominant at it. Has Spo and JB crosses paths at all? The Heat have been employing zone as an alternate defense for about the last year and they’re really, really good at it.
I have no issue w/ the 2-3 zone since when it’s played w/ the proper parts in place, it can be stifling.
My issue is that it’s the ONLY defense we play, regardless of opponent, personnel, situations, or come hell or high water. Miami plays it as an “alternate” D now & then. JB plays it no matter what, and this years team does not fit that scheme...yet we’ve seen no flexibility, nor other options attempted.

what? I've not followed the NBA for a while when did the zone become a legal defense in the NBA?

Edit: 2000 apparently.

Maybe Riley? Rome NY bar fighter to start out, if memory serves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom