Seniors returning | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Seniors returning

Most (all) of these kids will regret trying to rush through college. I remember my now wife tearing up as we drove away for the final time from Syracuse knowing that part of our life was over. I was so geared up for the next phase of my life that I never really smelled the roses when I left in early May.

I would hope for most of these guys, if the opportunity arose, to consider graduate school, expand their knowledge base, meet new people on campus, and try and play a sport (if they can) that they will no longer be able to play once they leave Syracuse.

If there is a guaranteed NFL contract awaiting, and they graduated, certainly leave and begin your career. For the others, enjoy the bubble that is college even if it's in a literal bubble right now. You never ever get those years back again.
Keep in mind...the college experience right now isnt what it used to be...even just 2 years ago.

Szmyt still has one, possibly two years left if he wants

Well that's good! I have a hard time keep track, even with these charts everyone is putting together to help our conversation.

Was not sure where to put this but 247 has a nice portal tracker that lets you look by position group and year if anyone wants to see who might be out there.

No matter what Elmore decides this fan appreciates him giving up his body to play out of position in a tough season.
Hope he comes back just so the crowd next year can give him a proper thank you.

I would love to run a Spider 2 Y Banana for him where he gets to score on the goalline.

No matter what Elmore decides this fan appreciates him giving up his body to play out of position in a tough season.
Hope he comes back just so the crowd next year can give him a proper thank you.

I would love to run a Spider 2 Y Banana for him where he gets to score on the goalline.

I'm a defense guy... But Rhino is probably my favourite player on the team and maybe my favourite since Shamarko.

Who knows, he might be on the dline next year if he returns

You can't have a credit bearing unpaid internship, I find that hard to believe
Very hard to have unpaid internships in NY. Also, if it's for credit, then you have to pay the school tuition.

I think you are both right in a way. Tom, you are looking at this as the AD being it's own division within SU. So if you were to look at those stand alone financial statements, yes on paper, it looks like the Athletic Department is losing $50k x number of students, but what SoBristol is saying is that the intercompany expense to the AD and the intercompany income to the academic side at the university eliminate in consolidation as each are "wholly owned" by the University. So while the AD may say it's "expensive", I think it would look really bad for SU as a whole to say we can't afford to pay 1 more year for these kids, when in reality the cost is nominal to the University.
Most schools, including Syracuse, subsidize the athletic department. That subsidy exists for a number of reasons, one of which being the disconnect between the marginal cost of adding a student and the book cost of the scholarship.

And yes, the university does tax SU’s piece of the ACC media deal and rent the Dome to the athletic department (which nets the subsidy), but those cross charges just speak to the often combined and muddied nature of the finances, even if they are separate some of the time and nominally separate all of the time.

If a true NT comes through the transfer portal, perhaps they can move one of the more traditional DTs to the outside.

If a true NT comes through the transfer portal, perhaps they can move one of the more traditional DTs to the outside.
This... does not compute. Move someone... outside?

And what role does the proper dedication to S&C play in all this anyway?

they are on scholarship
I understand. As I understood the OP to which I replied, the idea was to bring back kids in a way that the AD would not have to pay the school, such as paid internships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom