Seniors returning | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Seniors returning

I doubt many, if any besides Hack, return

You know, I wish you were right. I wish all the seniors could magically come back for another year and the cost would magically be nothing. They deserve a reboot. Nobody should have to end their college career like these guys and gals are doing.

But sadly, I am not confused. In the real world, athletic departments are customers for their universities. They are charged for each scholarship that is used and they pay full price for each.

I wish this was not the case.
Its how its booked. Its not an actual incremental capital expenditure.

I think you are both right in a way. Tom, you are looking at this as the AD being it's own division within SU. So if you were to look at those stand alone financial statements, yes on paper, it looks like the Athletic Department is losing $50k x number of students, but what SoBristol is saying is that the intercompany expense to the AD and the intercompany income to the academic side at the university eliminate in consolidation as each are "wholly owned" by the University. So while the AD may say it's "expensive", I think it would look really bad for SU as a whole to say we can't afford to pay 1 more year for these kids, when in reality the cost is nominal to the University.
Spot on.

This confirms to me the opt outs aren’t going to be coming back. Can’t tell me these players are going to be welcoming back players after the pounding they took all season while some of their brothers decided to walk away

This confirms to me the opt outs aren’t going to be coming back. Can’t tell me these players are going to be welcoming back players after the pounding they took all season while some of their brothers decided to walk away

Players who opted out had their reasons. This has been a hellacious year for many reasons.
It's probably been hard for them not playing.

Players who opted out had their reasons. This has been a hellacious year for many reasons.
It's probably been hard for them not playing.
Oh poor them. My heart bleeds for players quitting on their team.

From the tone of the players posts they seem worn out if you are reading between the lines.

It’s been a long season for everyone, fans, players, parents, faculty....we made it through now let’s build for next season

Im sure we are going to know by mid Jan. I hope they all come back.

He made that call pretty early. Would that help or hurt his standing with the team?

He opted out for COVID reasons on August 6th. At that time, there was all kinds of uncertainty about COVID susceptibility and the long-term damage from COVID. TBH, there still is.
And once you opt out, you can't opt back in.
I would hope that his teammates don't hold it against him.

That means Elmore’s done right?

And by the sounds of it Jarveon had good reason to opt out. Im sure the players would welcome him back fine if that was even a possibility.

He opted out for COVID reasons on August 6th. At that time, there was all kinds of uncertainty about COVID susceptibility and the long-term damage from COVID. TBH, there still is.
And once you opt out, you can't opt back in.
I would hope that his teammates don't hold it against him.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking and hoping.

He also made his decision before seeing how challenging the season would be for the team.

come on rhino

1607265427048.jpeg

not sure the kids really have to decide any time soon.. they wont count towards anything numbers wise and the school has to prep as though they are not coming back anyway.. and 4th yr kid has a great reason to come back if they haven't graduadated or want a grad degree, any 5th yr kid has a tough decision he may not have a degree to come back to either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom