Sergio Salcido grows on 2nd-line midfield after Randy Staats injury leaves opening on offense (DO) | Syracusefan.com

Sergio Salcido grows on 2nd-line midfield after Randy Staats injury leaves opening on offense (DO)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Sergio Salcido has gotten a chance to play with an injury to Randy Staats, and he's done well on SU's second-line midfield..

040915_S_MLAX48_LukeRafferty_SP_.jpg

http://dailyorange.com/2015/04/serg...andy-staats-injury-leaves-opening-on-offense/

Sergio Salcido has gotten a chance to play with an injury to Randy Staats, and he's done well on SU's second-line midfield..

040915_S_MLAX48_LukeRafferty_SP_.jpg

http://dailyorange.com/2015/04/serg...andy-staats-injury-leaves-opening-on-offense/

Nice article but "done well" on the second mid line would not be the way I would describe it. In fact its been pretty much the opposite of that. Still a young kid though learning the ropes, I have high hopes for him next year but this year he is clearly in over his head a bit. Needs to really stop turning the ball over on bad passes.

Last edited:
Agreed. He really needs to slow it down and stop running into traps and double teams.

Agreed. He really needs to slow it down and stop running into traps and double teams.

Salcido seems to be a bit faster than the majority of the members of our team. Our offense is very successful through chemistry, athleticism, and skill but not necessarily speed. They are not slow but they do not seem faster than the other teams. I think having a guy come off the bench with some speed definitely helps the Orange down the road. I agree that he is not there completely, his speed could be a good weapon as the season progresses.