Seriously What is the deal Update Frank/Woody/AG | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Seriously What is the deal Update Frank/Woody/AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends if they stay at SU or not.

Do you remember how much Paul Harris was ripped when he was here? Dude was 6'4" and played his azz off at forward. Obviously, he didn't have the success that fans (or himself) wanted, but it wasn't for a lack of effort. Hell, people on this board STILL take shots at him. But there were no "leave Paul alone" threads back then, at least that I recall.
I also might add, I don't remember Paul getting nasty, hateful, emails from fans.

I also might add, I don't remember Paul getting nasty, hateful, emails from fans.
Twitter was in its early stages back then.

But the Twitter stuff is a disgrace. Ohio State kid got death threats.

Eh. Paul was here until we didn’t need him anymore though. Devo too.
Well, like with Devo the same year, the next year, without those two, might have been our best team ever. It was a year of being a #1 seed. Just a coincidence or did the coach know who had to go?

I think it might have been about Paul quitting the team every other week. maybe you didn't know about that. but people in life, tend to dislike people they view as quitters. Check the mileage on Hops old car. he made the trek back and forth to Buffalo quite a bit. that is just a guess though.
No, I remember that. I don't know if him not being sure that he wanted to stay here makes him a bad person though.

Todd Burgan didn't "quit", but...

DC's time at SU far preceded mine, but I've heard the rumors that everyone else has, and they're less than flattering.

Twitter was in its early stages back then.

But the Twitter stuff is a disgrace. Ohio State kid got death threats.
Yeah, terrible. But the Ohio st people don't read our boards. "Syracuse" fans do.

Well, like with Devo the same year, the next year, without those two, might have been our best team ever. It was a year of being a #1 seed. Just a coincidence or did the coach know who had to go?
Coach knew who had to go...when he knew he didn’t need them anymore.

He was fighting hard for Devo to be back after the incident with the female student.

Paul needed to go...once Wes was eligible to play.

No, I remember that. I don't know if him not being sure that he wanted to stay here makes him a bad person though.

Todd Burgan didn't "quit", but...

DC's time at SU far preceded mine, but I've heard the rumors that everyone else has, and they're less than flattering.
That is for you to decide for yourself. But I have met a lot of people in life who don't like quitters. I mean, our running backs last year were held in low esteem for not playing in a pandemic.

Who's getting/got nasty emails from fans?

I'm sure Harris got garbage bags full of love letters from enlightened SU fans.

Coach knew who had to go...when he knew he didn’t need them anymore.

He was fighting hard for Devo to be back after the incident with the female student.

Paul needed to go...once Wes was eligible to play.
Fine. No argument from me. If you wanted Jb to have those guys hit the road before then, okay. I won't defend Jb. It might also be that jb just had enough of their act. certainly Devo's. because the police and the newspaper saved devo after the incident with the girl. That I know for a fact.

That is for you to decide for yourself. But I have met a lot of people in life who don't like quitters. I mean, our running backs last year were held in low esteem for not playing in a pandemic.
Like many things, that probably speaks more about the critics than the subjects of their criticism.

What did you think about Burgan?

Who's getting/got nasty emails from fans?

I'm sure Harris got garbage bags full of love letters from enlightened SU fans.
That would be a guess on your part. You don't know that and neither do I. I do know that Joe has got hate mail.

Like many things, that probably speaks more about the critics than the subjects of their criticism.

You mean about pushing the girl out of his apartment?

What about Burgan? His junior year suspension I assume?

Pretty sure Girard was getting some of the loudest cheers at the Dome all season long last year. Am I remembering that wrong?
If that was true, what in the world would that have to do with getting hate mail now? JFC I guess if you were a headline writer it would have been crowds in Dallas cheer JFK (which they did). the point is what is happening now.

I stayed off the board for a day or two and only saw the thread after it was closed, so the deleted posts had probably already been nuked.

But, there's a lot being said on the board about some of the kids who recently left or are rumored to be leaving.
Because them leaving isn’t as simple as, “Coach Boeheim is a meany.” All of the reasons why should be fair game.

Fine. No argument from me. If you wanted Jb to have those guys hit the road before then, okay. I won't defend Jb. It might also be that jb just had enough of their act. certainly Devo's. because the police and the newspaper saved devo after the incident with the girl. That I know for a fact.
No, I applaud being patient and given young players multiple chances to straighten out...especially when they can play. And I mean that seriously, it just is what it is. If you’re really good at something, you’re going to get more of a chance typically.

And we see Devo has smoothened out and seems to still have a positive effect on SU hoops, so working with him was a good call.

No, I applaud being patient and given young players multiple chances to straighten out...especially when they can play. And I mean that seriously, it just is what it is. If you’re really good at something, you’re going to get more of a chance typically.

And we see Devo has smoothened out and seems to still have a positive effect on SU hoops, so working with him was a good call.
As was sending him on his way. Maybe that helped turn him around. First time in his life being told no?

I'm sure Joe and his family thought the fat jokes were a riot. That you can't see that is wrong is peoples exhibit 1.
The “fat jokes”? Those were actually making fun of the people who were freaking out saying that he’d gained weight, as far as I could tell.

I don’t recall seeing anything personal about Joe. People get fed up with some of the decisions he makes out there, but that’s not personal.
Spot on, DW, irony just gets lost on some people.

If that was true, what in the world would that have to do with getting hate mail now? JFC I guess if you were a headline writer it would have been crowds in Dallas cheer JFK (which they did). the point is what is happening now.
It means...Syracuse fans in general like the kid and he’s a popular player? Morons getting their Twitter muscles going when someone has a bad stretch is nothing new unfortunately and it really means nothing in terms of the fanbase as a whole, which consists of, what...hundreds of thousands of people?

Status
Not open for further replies.