Seth David Tweet FWIT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seth David Tweet FWIT

Melo is getting back on the court soon. Even if some professor just figured out he cant read, or has been cheating, or hasnt been to a single class, he will be back on the court soon. Can't let silly things like academics get in the way of a season like this. That would be true for any team. These are college kids but they're not college students.

Just trying to stay positive man, definately not discrediting those on this board who obviously know what they're talking about.

I understood what you meant, longislandcuse. I simply used your post to advertise a building I am selling. ;)

Melo is getting back on the court soon. Even if some professor just figured out he cant read, or has been cheating, or hasnt been to a single class, he will be back on the court soon. Can't let silly things like academics get in the way of a season like this. That would be true for any team. These are college kids but they're not college students.
Honestly, this is probably how its done at most of the schools that win multiple NC's. I have no doubt in my mind about this, except maybe Duke.

Honestly, this is probably how its done at most of the schools that win multiple NC's. I have no doubt in my mind about this, except maybe Duke.

Sadly, I'm pretty confident it's true for any team that competes at the highest level, and then probably everywhere else too

Posts like this is why I love this site :)

In Kentucky the senator would have already called the professor for some "sweet talk".

Maybe.

We have a close friend who used to have a prominant position in a college at SU that was often chosen as a major by SU athletes. This was in the late 80's It was a far cry from the 60's when guys were kept eligible by whatever means necessary and cannot necessarily be confused with today.

She said one prominant coach used to call the department all the time trying to get grades changes. I won't mention his name, but it was not JB nor Mac, neither of whom she said ever called.

Maybe.

We have a close friend who used to have a prominant position in a college at SU that was often chosen as a major by SU athletes. This was in the late 80's It was a far cry from the 60's when guys were kept eligible by whatever means necessary and cannot necessarily be confused with today.

She said one prominant coach used to call the department all the time trying to get grades changes. I won't mention his name, but it was not JB nor Mac, neither of whom she said ever called.
My experience has been that there isn't a lot of leeway when it comes to grades, it's more the courses you take. And going to class is really an important part of it.

Maybe.

That's why I'm in the camp of believing this has been an epic failure on behalf of the university administrators in charge of overseeing things of this nature never happen. With all of the tools these kids (on scholarship) are given to succeed, the apparent lack of quality control on behalf of the aforementioned personnel is just unacceptable imo.

Maybe.

Bernie. Common practice.

I don't doubt that he has sources, I'm just saying that anytime some sports guy speculates on info from "sources," there is no accountability when their "sources" turn out to be FOS

Exactly if he had hard information he'd be writing a story for their website, not issuing a tweet.

I know many think the longer this goes with no info, the worse off it is for Fab...however doesnt it seem that at some point it may be taking so long that its a good thing? I mean we know there was an appeal and if he still isnt ruled ineligible something must be going on that indicates some kind of lee-way. I would think if he was deemed ineligible after the appeal that would be it. Why the delay? Or am I just grasping at straws?

I know many think the longer this goes with no info, the worse off it is for Fab...however doesnt it seem that at some point it may be taking so long that its a good thing? I mean we know there was an appeal and if he still isnt ruled ineligible something must be going on that indicates some kind of lee-way. I would think if he was deemed ineligible after the appeal that would be it. Why the delay? Or am I just grasping at straws?

Thats my mindset right now also, hopefully trying to come to a mutual agreement

Think it does makes some sense...similar to yesterday when a poster used a football analogy (clear visable/replay evidence to overturn the initial ruling, however, excess time used to get the yardage and time on the clock right, etc.) Certainly works for me...:)

Admitting I know nothing, I think trying to read into the timing is probably not worth much.

Maybe.

Does it really matter though? I doubt an assistant coach took it upon himself to call if you know what I mean.

Think it does makes some sense...similar to yesterday when a poster used a football analogy (clear visable/replay evidence to overturn the initial ruling, however, excess time used to get the yardage and time on the clock right, etc.) Certainly works for me...:)
On the other hand, I've had cases where the judge takes his/her time just to make it look like they gave you a fair shake and really looked into it, when all along they were going to rule against you.

Bernie. Common practice.

Wow. Can you imagine if it really was BF behind the scenes throughout the years. A miss by Hop over a new function. Just would increase my hatred for ESPN. No matter the outcome has already been two games for something that rarely happens.

On the other hand, I've had cases where the judge takes his/her time just to make it look like they gave you a fair shake and really looked into it, when all along they were going to rule against you.

Yep, have had that experience myself in the past on occasion, just as I've had judges suggest we pay poor little granny, etc. something regardless of having zero exposure... Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom