Seth Davis predicts us to lose our home game this weekend | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis predicts us to lose our home game this weekend

Didn't Seth Davis pick us to lose to Montana? And Cal? And Indiana? And Marquette? But hey, Syracuse is "due to get clipped," so he's probably right. I don't actually care and he's entitled to his opinion. I actually agree that SJU is going to be keyed up for this game. But the idea that "Syracuse is due to be clipped" is amusing.

Didn't Seth Davis pick us to lose to Montana? And Cal? And Indiana? And Marquette? But hey, Syracuse is "due to get clipped," so he's probably right. I don't actually care and he's entitled to his opinion. I actually agree that SJU is going to be keyed up for this game. But the idea that "Syracuse is due to be clipped" is amusing.
Literally the first thing out of Davis' mouth when our bracket was shown on CBS was call for the upset of Montana over Syracuse. It was hilarious and when we completely dominated them he was funny. I don't think picking St. John's is a stretch I mean playing a road game when they will have a lot of the crowd will pump them up. It will be a good game, and they have some young talented kids, but as long as our guards play decent we will be tough.

Literally the first thing out of Davis' mouth when our bracket was shown on CBS was call for the upset of Montana over Syracuse. .

He couldn't wait to pick a team against us, without regard to who it was. Part of me wishes there had been a typo just to watch Davis react and say "Syracuse is ripe for an upset against the Williams Purple Cows."

Please note, I have nothing against Williams. It is a fantastic university and both them and Amherst have built solid athletic programs. However, I don't think a division 3 college could compete with us. I apologize to any fans of Williams I may have offended.

Marsh01 said:
I agree. I dont see how they can hang with us unless we play like absolute dog poop

We have quiet great players. Ennis won't win any awards but he's played off the charts. The analysis of this team is completely odd...need more from the bigs...completely ignoring who scores, how they score and from where. No analysis at all at how well someone like rak is playing on d etc. dopes

To SJU?

tumblr_me4ojfbsvs1ry10fwo1_500.gif

I agree. I dont see how they can hang with us unless we play like absolute dog poop

Marsh: stupid question because you've probably seen at least one game from every D-1 team in America, but why so little respect for the Johnnies? I think we win by about 7-10 points, for the record. They do have a shot blocker, decent size and a lot of quickness. I think we win because we'll play the smarter game but if we have a terrible shooting night (or have one of those What foul shooting games), we could geta big sweat. One thing I'll add is that they do play up tempo and that should be fine with us.

This turd always picks against Cuse. What is it with this guy?
I do think that STJ will have more than 50% of the crowd this time because their fan base is energized with high expectations this year...and their big win over Fordham. They have a pretty good team this year...better than the last few years. But that won't save them.

Marsh: stupid question because you've probably seen at least one game from every D-1 team in America, but why so little respect for the Johnnies? I think we win by about 7-10 points, for the record. They do have a shot blocker, decent size and a lot of quickness. I think we win because we'll play the smarter game but if we have a terrible shooting night (or have one of those What foul shooting games), we could geta big sweat. One thing I'll add is that they do play up tempo and that should be fine with us.

Not a great three point shooting team although not terrible. Harrison is only 29% and Sampson is just over 32%. They are a good shot blocking team and we will need our big men to play a great game combined. I like the up tempo play as opposed to watching a team hold the ball for 28-32 seconds. If we play well offensively like I said we should have no problem. I dont see them scoring a ton of points against us unless they light it up from behind the arc.

I didn't realize that Zona is playing at Michigan this weekend. They could easily drop that game.

#1 on Monday is a very real possibility. I like it.

(And yes, #1 on a Monday night in April is better than #1 in December, but let's be honest, #1 anytime is pretty damn good.)
Question on that. If we ascend to #1 and spend any amount of time there, will CJ and BMK have the most weeks at #1 of any players in the country? I think there is a chance that could be true.

Ehh don't make too much of it. He's one of those guys that figures if he calls for big upsets and they happen he can claim to be a genius and if they don't everyone will forget. That said I think this will be a pretty tough game. Like 65-60 win.

Ehh don't make too much of it. He's one of those guys that figures if he calls for big upsets and they happen he can claim to be a genius and if they don't everyone will forget. That said I think this will be a pretty tough game. Like 65-60 win.

That seems awfully low scoring given the pace at which both teams like to play.