Seth still doesn't believe | Syracusefan.com

Seth still doesn't believe

SBU72

All Conference
Won't admit that SU is #1. Says since they only played 6, they aren't that good. Even Jay flipped and admitted with Pitt win, SU is the best.

Won't admit that SU is #1. Says since they only played 6, they aren't that good. Even Jay flipped and admitted with Pitt win, SU is the best.

Isn't Arizona essentially down to 6 players too? What? What does playing 6 matter? C'mon, Seth. You're better than that.

The funny thing is, if we had lost and Wichita State went to #1, Seth would have been the first to sing their praises as deserving of the ranking.

Moron.

Seth can bl#w me.

Isn't Arizona essentially down to 6 players too? What? What does playing 6 matter? C'mon, Seth. You're better than that.

The funny thing is, if we had lost and Wichita State went to #1, Seth would have been the first to sing their praises as deserving of the ranking.

Moron.

No, he's honestly not.

But who cares? I take him siding against us as a positive sign, and wear it as a badge of honor.

Screw him--his analysis is garbage anyway.

Last edited:
I don't get it with the media anymore... with most #1 teams its about how good they are with Syracuse its about why they dont deserve to be #1.

Never seen so much hating on an undefeated #1 team so late in the season.

I don't get it with the media anymore... with most #1 teams its about how good they are with Syracuse its about why they dont deserve to be #1.

Never seen so much hating on an undefeated #1 team so late in the season.

Yup. And at this point, with guys like Seth and Jay, it is mostly about sour grapes.

And tonight, Jay Williams capitulated and conceded that we are the best team in college basketball. Seth is just a stubborn fool. He thought we were "ripe for an upset" six weeks ago.

Florida is the best team! I mean come on they look really good lately in that suck arss SEC? He does realize they have 2 losses right?

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 1h
Besides, Pittsburgh's defense was sound. Credit Ennis for making a great shot. We don't always have to blame someone.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 1h
Besides, Pittsburgh's defense was sound. Credit Ennis for making a great shot. We don't always have to blame someone.

At this point, the only possible explanations are that he is either an obstinate jackass who is just anti-SU, or he's incredibly dumb.

Either is equally likely--he went to Duke, after all--but the former seems most likely.

So what if we won with 6 players. Its not like we plan to do it the rest of the season once Keita comes back.

If anything, our ability to win with 6 players, shows that we can win with a little adversity.

24 and fn 0

So if we put in Roberson to do the inbound instead of Grant (thus allowing him to play) we would be #1, but because we didn't play a 7th man for 4 seconds, we aren't? good to know

Seth is an idiot, he's just another doubter. It's jealously.

I don't even know if its jealousy. Some of these analysts get so set on a stance (which may have been valid, or debatable earlier in the season), and they refuse to adjust their view as the season progresses. They do not want to admit they may have been wrong, when in fact there is an easy out available -- games are still being played to reference and justify a change in your damn opinion.

Seth tries too hard to be different. But as long as people react to what he says, he doesn't really care what they say. And it shows.

it was Seth Greenberg not Davis who made the "only played six" comment and said Fla. is No.1

it was Seth Greenberg not Davis who made the "only played six" comment and said Fla. is No.1
Florida is probably going to lose Saturday and they know that and still said they were #1.

Anybody who doesn't think that we're number one should stop watching or covering college basketball. I can see homers from other teams saying it but somebody who's paid to cover basketball has no business opening their trap if they don't think we are.

So if we put in Roberson to do the inbound instead of Grant (thus allowing him to play) we would be #1, but because we didn't play a 7th man for 4 seconds, we aren't? good to know
Actually previous to MBK's injury, he was saying SU was not the best because they had such a sort bench and those guys don't even play much. He got even more adamant when SU only played 6, even though SU won in a very hostile/hard to win at arena.

You just get the feeling Seth Davis's job is due to get clipped...

Wow, you guys are really sensitive! I'm probably going to lynched like Seth for saying this but I've watched every game this year and I still can't believe we are undefeated! You cant argue the fact that we are 24-0 but i do think a couple teams might be playing better and have just a little bit of an edge on us offensively. I agree with Doris Burke (first time for everything) in that this is no way SUs best team ever because we are above average on offense and not really dominating! Or 09-10 team would blow people out by 20+ and we had 22 double figure wins. I remember they going on 10-20 points spurs that would just end the games in the early parts of the 2nd half. This team just doesn't have that knock out punch that keeps teams down. At this point I almost think that a couple loses might be good for this team. 1 in the reg season and 1 in the ACC tourney. The constant undefeated talk might give them added pressure if they somehow make it to the tourney undefeated.

Doris really dropped the ball with the offense comment. pace matters!

Florida is probably going to lose Saturday and they know that and still said they were #1.
I don't think so. Florida has too much experience as well as their talent to lose to a bunch of freshman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom