Seth still doesn't believe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seth still doesn't believe

Wow, you guys are really sensitive! I'm probably going to lynched like Seth for saying this but I've watched every game this year and I still can't believe we are undefeated! You cant argue the fact that we are 24-0 but i do think a couple teams might be playing better and have just a little bit of an edge on us offensively. I agree with Doris Burke (first time for everything) in that this is no way SUs best team ever because we are above average on offense and not really dominating! Or 09-10 team would blow people out by 20+ and we had 22 double figure wins. I remember they going on 10-20 points spurs that would just end the games in the early parts of the 2nd half. This team just doesn't have that knock out punch that keeps teams down. At this point I almost think that a couple loses might be good for this team. 1 in the reg season and 1 in the ACC tourney. The constant undefeated talk might give them added pressure if they somehow make it to the tourney undefeated.
I agree that right now this isn't SUs best team ever, but that isn't a good reason to say we aren't the best team in the country (we may or may not be, speculating isn't important in college hoops). I take issue with DBs reasoning for saying our offense isn't all that great. She used our average points per game as proof, but our avg ppg is greatly impacted by the way our opponents play against our D, which is utilize the entire shot clock on every possession. We showed what our offense can do when a team tries to run with us (Duke). Luckily, all of this talk becomes moot if we win in April.

I don't think so. Florida has too much experience as well as their talent to lose to a bunch of freshman.
Florida is a very good team right now. They are on my list of teams I don't want to face in March;)

I also think the debate of whether or not this is the best SU team ever; who cares right now? (If at all). We can talk about that when the season is over

Because he wants to be the #1 college basketball team? What is he jealous of?
He's a duke fan and he's jealous of the pub cuse is getting in their first year in the acc .

Why do u guys care so much about it?

We are polarizing. It's awesome. Enjoy it.

Seth Davis has SU as the #1 team. Seth Greenberg, I don't know about.

Apparently Seth Greenberg also ranked SU #1 in the most recent power rankings on ESPN.

Well, not everyone cares enough yet:
Ellis.JPG

Is this the most talented team we've had? I don't think so, I think the Fab team was more talented and dominating.

The difference is with this team is I think they realize they're not a giant, but have the smarts to know that one game is one game and they can/will win any one game they play in and they just do it.

I hate hearing "we're due for a loss". No, no we're not. Our record has nothing to do with out chances of losing our next game. What the team does on the floor decides it all and I think these guys have that mentality because they don't seem like there is any pressure on ANY of them even when being down with 4 seconds to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom