Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

Why?
The ACC was down this year.
It won’t be this bad next year.

We 10-10 was good for the 6 seed.

We didn’t play any of the top 4 home/home.

Next year if we return our entire team I wouldn’t expect more than 1 or 2 more wins.

Sidibe is coming on, Guerrier is coming on, and we lost absolutely nobody of consequence. Girard will be better. I think we’d win 13 league games or so - and we’d start the year off a lot better.

Sidibe is coming on, Guerrier is coming on, and we lost absolutely nobody of consequence. Girard will be better. I think we’d win 13 league games or so - and we’d start the year off a lot better.
Yeah I don’t see that but it could happen.

If Hughes comes back I will say 8-3 nonconference and 11-9 ACC.
19-12.

I don’t think anyone but Hughes is top 5 at his position in the ACC.

cuz players don't improve year to year
Cuz other teams don’t get better either.
We played as soft a conference schedule as we could get.

Only played the top 3 one time.
Our road games were a great draw.
We underachieved at home.

You can be an idealist though. Just like others can be a realist.

Yeah I don’t see that but it could happen.

If Hughes comes back I will say 8-3 nonconference and 11-9 ACC.
19-12.

I don’t anyone but Hughes is top 5 at his position in the ACC.
predictions without a schedule of who we'll be playing?

...We won 18 with the same team this year.

We’d likely win a lot more than 19-20 next year if Hughes was back.

Team would have the horses to win at least 22-23, for sure. I think we could get through the regular season without double digit losses. 22-9 sounds good. 23-10 going into the NCAAT. That would be my guess. I think that lines up with how many games we would play, including two in the ACCT, but not certain.

I don’t really care if he goes to Duke. Another kid that falls for K’s BS, and the Duke allure. He probably ends up with less minutes than wanted/promised/expected. We will find someone, or we don’t, and roll with what we have. JG/Buddy/Marek/QG/Sid with Kadary/Bras/Woody/JBA/Edwards isn’t awful. Would need a few guys to play better than anticipated, but it’s a classic JB team with low expectations that ends up surprising many.

What do I know though, not too damn much, but I still have to believe that we add at least one more kid. Ideally, we add another guard, preferably a true PG, and a forward that can hit from deep at a decent clip. There will be plenty of options out there, and someone has to want to step right into Eli’s role to get the chance to put together a highlight reel for potential NBA suitors. Hopefully Eli makes up his mind soon, so we can move on without any uncertainty lingering.

predictions without a schedule of who we'll be playing?
We play 20 conference games.
We played Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Georgia Tech 2 times.
The previous year we played Duke, Clemson 2 times.

That leaves 4 of these 6 Florida State, Louisville, NC State, , Miami, Wake, North Carolina as opponents we will play twice.

That list is way harder.

Our schedule is a lot harder next year.

Everyone knows we are screwed next year except for JB apparently and I love him but it’s foolish to think everything is great right now

That leaves 4 of these 6 Florida State, Louisville, NC State, , Miami, Wake, North Carolina as opponents we will play twice.

That list is way harder.

just glad you have it all figured out and calculated!

just glad you have it all figured out and calculated!
Yeah you nailed me. I don’t try to actually have a gauge of the situation before I give an opinion.
Totally just make stuff up without thinking first.
Our ACC schedule this year was why I didn’t freakout when we struggled in nonconference play this year.
The ACC was down and we had a good schedule.
Next year’s schedule is going to be harder.
It’s not hard to see that if people look.

If Hughes comes back we could have the same ACC record and the team could be better but because the schedule is harder the W/L is the same.
The ACC had 4 tournament teams this year before the conference tournament.
We went 1-4 in those games.
That won’t happen often.

Even if Hughes leaves, we‘re starting the year in much better shape than this year. Our style of play may change to a more inside look with Sidibe, Marek and Guerrier. It might give Girard and Buddy better looks. Throw in Braswell, Edwards and Kadary and that’s a pretty good eight. Marek will have an even bigger role in initiating the offense. Kadary might be the wildcard. If he can play the three, he gives a quasi point guard playing the three.

That list is way harder.

Next year we play unc NC state clemson lville Pitt and.bc twice. Sig harder than what we had last year assuming unc rebuilds and lville remains good.

It honestly must mean Duke doesn't trust its OADs coming if they want both Tape and Towns.
I don't think Coach K does what we do but it is funny how he always just ends up after guys we need and are a luxury for him.
We need more talent for next year though. If we get a traditional transfer though that would be good as well.

Next year we play unc NC state clemson lville Pitt and.bc twice. Sig harder than what we had last year assuming unc rebuilds and lville remains good.
Yeah we will be lucky to go 2-2 against UNC/UL.
I think we go 3-1 against Pitt/BC
1-3 against UNC/UL
2-2 against Clemson/NC State.

Yeah we will be lucky to go 2-2 against UNC/UL.
I think we go 3-1 against Pitt/BC
1-3 against UNC/UL
2-2 against Clemson/NC State.
We owe clemson and NC state and I think both teams will be worse next year. It be nice to win 3 of 4.

Everyone knows we are screwed next year except for JB apparently and I love him but it’s foolish to think everything is great right now
As far as I know, JB has not said "everything is great" right now. He did say that the roster is set. But he also said that if the NCAA changes its rule in April, and immediate eligibility is available to transfers, the portal will be teeming with new candidates, and we are watching the portal.

Disagree. We’ll have more size, athleticism, and experience in the front court than we’ve had in awhile, and one of the better 3 point shooting backcourts we’ve ever had will take a step towards being a seasoned, veteran backcourt rather than a young and inexperienced one.

I don’t think this will be the team to bring us “back” but I also don’t think we’ll be any worse than we have been since 2015, so I’m not buying into “we’re screwed”.

I know nothing about LVille's incoming class, but they will be losing Nwora and Enoch, along with the grad transfer they had last season.
A breakdown/projection of the entire ACC next year probably deserves a separate thread... but you're right - Louisville loses Enoch, Lamarr Kimble, Dwayne Sutton and Ryan McMahon (all seniors), and probably loses Jordan Nwora to the NBA Draft as well. Their incoming class has a couple of 4-star guys, one of which is a JC transfer (kid named Jay Scrubb). Their incoming class is ranked 27th by Rivals (whatever that's worth), but they're definitely losing a lot from this year's team. I'd expect them to be slightly worse next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom