Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

This may have been said already. We all expect Elijah Hughes to go pro primarily because of his successful season and his age. With the event of this virus situation which has cancelled several sporting seasons, Hughes may come to the realization that a college degree (undergrad or graduate) may be more advantageous than waiting to be drafted into a league that may not play for the near future (up to six months or more).

Now, there are a lot of holes in my statement above but if the virus lasts six months, it may be wise to stay on scholarship.
I was thinking that the lack of ability to work out for teams may be huge for guys in Hughes situation.

I mentioned upthread that Michigan and Ohio State were over the scholie limit for next season and that there would be a smoke signal before Towns transferred to one of them. Smoke is now in the air and unfortunately, seems to indicate Buckeyes. Point guard DJ Carton just announced his transfer from OSU. They might still be at the limit, but it's heavily rumored that one of Carton's classmates is also leaving or C Kaleb Wesson goes pro. Regardless, it sure looks like the Towns to OSU rumors are true.

This may have been said already. We all expect Elijah Hughes to go pro primarily because of his successful season and his age. With the event of this virus situation which has cancelled several sporting seasons, Hughes may come to the realization that a college degree (undergrad or graduate) may be more advantageous than waiting to be drafted into a league that may not play for the near future (up to six months or more).

Now, there are a lot of holes in my statement above but if the virus lasts six months, it may be wise to stay on scholarship.
Honestly the virus changes everything.

oh for god sake. Get lost, K. Don't you have to do an ESPN interview or something ...
... or a cringe-worthy Capital One commercial.

Tough to turn down a Duke offer, can't blame the kid. If he's as good as advertised, he will earn his minutes no matter who Duke brings in.

I need a dislike button...thanks for the info...life goes on
There IS a dislike button. Hover over the "Like" button. 2nd from the right.

1584651014310.png

Tough to turn down a Duke offer, can't blame the kid. If he's as good as advertised, he will earn his minutes no matter who Duke brings in.
On the bright side, although the kid played well in his first two years at Harvard, he's been out of action due to knee injuries for 2 seasons, since November of 2018. So he would be a bit of a gamble, hoping that he's fully recovered and not susceptible to getting re-injured again.

In any event, he'd be rusty when he returns. JB said Quincy Guerrier was rusty after sitting out for only 1 season. He didn't start playing really well until late this past season. It wouldn't be realistic to expect Towns to be a good replacement for Elijah Hughes starting on day one.

Graduate transfers eligible immediately

1. Seth Towns, 6-foot-7, 215 pounds, SF, senior, Harvard
The 2017-18 Ivy League Player of the Year, Towns missed the past two seasons because of knee injuries. If he's healthy, he's the clear-cut No. 1 player on this list, especially because he should have two more seasons of eligibility. He averaged 16.0 points and 5.7 rebounds and shot 44.1% from 3 in 2017-18. Kansas, Virginia, Syracuse, Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland and Duke are among his suitors.

Let's go get that Kevin Marfo from Quinnipiac. Led the nation in rebounding at 13 per game. 6-8, 245. We can make Dolejaz a point guard.

As it currently stands, it’s a bubble team at best, and I’ll stand by that.
I'd sign up to be a bubble team right now we weren't one this year with the accs leading scorer in a down acc.

I was thinking that the lack of ability to work out for teams may be huge for guys in Hughes situation.
Guys with eligibility left may have no choice but to come back with the way things are going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom