Setting Up For A Strong Finish | Syracusefan.com

Setting Up For A Strong Finish

anomander

Living Legend
We are about to enter the home stretch for this recruiting cycle and imo we have ourselves set up for a great finish. I think top 40 is within reach. We have some solid prospects who we are in great shape with. I think we take anywhere between 8-10. Here is who I feel we have a great shot at

RB - Looks like Mister or bust
WR - Steve Ishmael
TE - Adly Edoicy
OT - Denzel Ward
DT - Zeek Rodney
DE - Chris Slayton
OLB - Nile Sykes, Jonathan Thomas, JuWhaun Bentley (should take 2)
CB - Deion Hallmon, Cordell Hudson, Mike Johnson (should take 2)
S- Micquelle Cotton

Obviously we don't land them all, but all of them have said they will take an official, minus Mister. At very worst we are in their final group of schools. All are rated 3 star of better. I say we get at very worst half of them

We are about to enter the home stretch for this recruiting cycle and imo we have ourselves set up for a great finish. I think top 40 is within reach. We have some solid prospects who we are in great shape with. I think we take anywhere between 8-10. Here is who I feel we have a great shot at

RB - Looks like Mister or bust
WR - Steve Ishmael
TE - Adly Edoicy
OT - Denzel Ward
DT - Zeek Rodney
DE - Chris Slayton
OLB - Nile Sykes, Jonathan Thomas, JuWhaun Bentley (should take 2)
CB - Deion Hallmon, Cordell Hudson, Mike Johnson (should take 2)
S- Micquelle Cotton

Obviously we don't land them all, but all of them have said they will take an official, minus Mister. At very worst we are in their final group of schools. All are rated 3 star of better. I say we get at very worst half of them
And, as someone else mentioned previously, I think we're in the hunt for some kids not yet discussed. Very good kids.

And, as someone else mentioned previously, I think we're in the hunt for some kids not yet discussed. Very good kids.

Yeah I think so to. Wards another example, nobody knew we were involved until a couple of days ago. Probably be a few more like him pop up.

Also who knows what'll happen when a bunch of head coaches get bounced or move around.

Yeah I think so to. Wards another example, nobody knew we were involved until a couple of days ago. Probably be a few more like him pop up.

Also who knows what'll happen when a bunch of head coaches get bounced or move around.

We are definitely keeping the guys who are committed else where under wraps. Even though Ward did say in an interview we contacted him for the first time last week. Hopefully we have a few corners we are working on the low.

I agree that this class has alot of potential to be great. HAVE to close strong though. Of the named players above there are probably only 2 or 3 that i would definitely book as strong Cuse leans at this point. There is real competition for most of them. That leaves alot up for grabs at this point and how we close will be a huge determiner in where this program is heading moving into the future.

We're definitely in a good position coming down the stretch. I'm cautiously optomistic and can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

We're in on two high quality 2015 backs from PA so who knows how hard they'll pursue Ozigbo. He'd probably have to show serious interest in us before we start logging frequent flyer miles to Texas, and I'm not talking about wearing cuse socks.

Are those kids wearing S.U. socks during their games. How many kids, let alone top 100 from Texas wearing our school's socks during games. Can you imagine what the Texas locals think of that. I would be like WHAT?????????

I've thought about it, and I've decided I feel good about signing all of them.

We're in on two high quality 2015 backs from PA so who knows how hard they'll pursue Ozigbo. He'd probably have to show serious interest in us before we start logging frequent flyer miles to Texas, and I'm not talking about wearing cuse socks.

not to mention Jonathan Forrest from New Rochelle

He's recently been to Cuse on his own dime. Seems to be interest from his side.