Several outlets reporting Paterno has died but | Syracusefan.com

Several outlets reporting Paterno has died but

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
PedSt denies it and says he is still alive.

The whole thing has a ghoulish quality to it. The link i posted a few minutes ago (saying he was dead) was from CBS sports... not some random twitter account. CBS may have some explaining to do. Or not

PedST probable hoped JoePa could clear his name before he died. Yeah, not happening.

CBS reported it on TV too supposedly. NBC and Paterno's kid are denying it.

CNN reported it and has backed off now as well.

We might have a WEEKEND AT BERNIES moment here at PSU!

The whole thing has a ghoulish quality to it. The link i posted a few minutes ago (saying he was dead) was from CBS sports... not some random twitter account. CBS may have some explaining to do. Or not
In the link above, the CBS story leads with "Penn State student website Onward State has reported that Penn State players were notified of longtime head coach Joe Paterno's passing via email, and CBSSports.com went on this report."

In the link above, the CBS story leads with "Penn State student website Onward State has reported that Penn State players were notified of longtime head coach Joe Paterno's passing via email, and CBSSports.com went on this report."

Yep, the PSU site has been found to have been the one that started all the death buzz. Now there are rumors that the managing editor of the site has stepped down and the site is currently unavailable.

Stern, did you have to use that title? ;)
I actually found online a funny pic someone made up of a movie poster with Bernie, Laurie, JB when that story broke with the Weekend At Bernie's theme. But few around here have a sense of humor and would be "offended" so I haven't posted it. It's not dirty or anything, just funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom