Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dre was named to the All-Breakout Team in Indy...

ANDRE JACKSON - CITY ROCKS (NY)
EYBL Indy Averages:
17.5 PPG, 58.5 FG%, (31-53), 47.1 FT%, (8-17)
8.0 RPG
3.0 APG
3.5 TOPG
1.8 SPG

Andre Jackson was terrific in Indianapolis, and he very well could be playing the best basketball of his young career. Jackson was constantly attacking and slashing through the defense, and his shooting percentages (58.5%) prove that he was doing with it a high level of effectiveness. Jackson (247 4-star) also showed off his defensive chops, as the undersized City Rocks have turned to him to cover bigger and more athletic frontcourt options. Jackson had a great all-around showing during session two, and if can get his free throw stroke straightened out, the Albany Academy (NY) product should put up some major numbers moving forward.
GamePTSFGFT3PTREBASTTOSTL
12713-181-40-15432
294-61-30-04050
3177-153-60-110314
4177-143-40-113551
AVG17.558.5 FG% (31-53)47.1 FT% (8-17)0.0 3PT% (0-3)

Dre was named to the All-Breakout Team in Indy...

ANDRE JACKSON - CITY ROCKS (NY)
EYBL Indy Averages:
17.5 PPG, 58.5 FG%, (31-53), 47.1 FT%, (8-17)
8.0 RPG
3.0 APG
3.5 TOPG
1.8 SPG

Andre Jackson was terrific in Indianapolis, and he very well could be playing the best basketball of his young career. Jackson was constantly attacking and slashing through the defense, and his shooting percentages (58.5%) prove that he was doing with it a high level of effectiveness. Jackson ( 4-star) also showed off his defensive chops, as the undersized City Rocks have turned to him to cover bigger and more athletic frontcourt options. Jackson had a great all-around showing during session two, and if can get his free throw stroke straightened out, the Albany Academy (NY) product should put up some major numbers moving forward.
GamePTSFGFT3PTREBASTTOSTL
12713-181-40-15432
294-61-30-04050
3177-153-60-110314
4177-143-40-113551
AVG17.558.5 FG% (31-53)47.1 FT% (8-17)0.0 3PT% (0-3)
Dre was also named All Indy Honorable Mention.

That’s far from uncontested lol

It’s not. All the same...somebody just standing there with both arms up certainly doesn’t bother me when I shoot. And obviously I’m nowhere near as good as these kids.

That’s not really the best way to contest a shot. And by contest I don’t mean trying all out to block it and risk fouling. I mean, get your left hand up and shadow the shot, and once you’re positive he’s shooting get off your feet at least a bit.

Not a concern, though. Obviously a small thing that he will either learn or he already knows and just didn’t do it there. He seems to have the length, height, and athleticism to really be good at closing out and contesting shots in our zone.

It’s not. All the same...somebody just standing there with both arms up certainly doesn’t bother me when I shoot. And obviously I’m nowhere near as good as these kids.

That’s not really the best way to contest a shot. And by contest I don’t mean trying all out to block it and risk fouling. I mean, get your left hand up and shadow the shot, and once you’re positive he’s shooting get off your feet at least a bit.

Not a concern, though. Obviously a small thing that he will either learn or he already knows and just didn’t do it there. He seems to have the length, height, and athleticism to really be good at closing out and contesting shots in our zone.
Well said!

If this kid plays too good it will attract the sharks and we'll lose him.

The longer this plays out, the worse our chances. If he doesn’t commit be the end of a July, he’s probably going elsewhere. At this point in time, our chances look good.

That FT% scares me.

Crazy we could have our class wrapped up by mid July. Big head start on the 2021 class

This is how things were rolling back in the early 2000's -- we'd have the class locked up almost a year early, which enabled the staff to make inroads with the junior class ahead of schedule.

Nice to see us getting back toward that, instead of waiting until the final day of summer session before knowing whether recruits will be on campus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom