Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait is the assumption here that because he doesn’t like Stef he’ll never learn to shoot?
I think we mean it’s too bad he doesn’t enjoy jumpers and free throws going though the net.

Wait is the assumption here that because he doesn’t like Stef he’ll never learn to shoot?
I just meant, it sounded like he had some hate for Stef and the Warriors.

I just meant, it sounded like he had some hate for Stef and the Warriors.
His game is totally opposite of Stefs, based on his great athleticism and dunking, putbacks etc not shooting. So i could see why he's not a fan of Stefs. BUT i agree that ft shot is nasty... in the bad way

His game is totally opposite of Stefs, based on his great athleticism and dunking, putbacks etc not shooting. So i could see why he's not a fan of Stefs. BUT i agree that ft shot is nasty... in the bad way

Honestly, I don't know if this kid is good enough to play for us for at least a couple years.

Prediction:

If Andre Jackson comes to Syracuse and stays for 4 seasons, he will leave the campus as one of the 4 most popular basketball players in the history of the program.

He is the kind of player the Syracuse fanbase will love to watch play.
Agreed. I want this kid baaaaaaad. He’s A cross between Mike Hopkins and Kris Joseph.

Agreed. I want this kid baaaaaaad. He’s A cross between Mike Hopkins and Kris Joseph.
He is an extraordinary athlete with outstanding intangibles. Tremendously high ceiling.

You need athletes like this to win NCs.

Last edited:
It is amazing to me how some on this board think a teenager cannot improve as a shooter and that it’s a given that Jackson will be limited to slashing to the rim and missing free throws. There are plenty of guys who have reached the PROS without being able to shoot and become excellent shooters (Magic and Kidd immediately come to mind). So it’s insane to think a high schooler who will receive elite coaching can’t improve as a shooter. Especially since Jackson has a reputation as a hard worker.
On the flip side you can’t learn how to be an elite athlete. Get this kid.

Love his game, he will improve his shot, tremendous athleticism, run and gun!
I hope you are right but he is not a good shooter and more often than not that is a tough fix.

I hope you are right but he is not a good shooter and more often than not that is a tough fix.

We already have shooters. What we need to have a more holistic offensive concept is to surround those shooters with players who can also take the ball to the basket, make plays for themselves and others off of the bounce, thrive in transition, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom