Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukon is 5th in a 5 horse race for sure here. The threat has always really been Mick
and it seems as though mick has pulled in the reins a bit lately, at least relative to the other 4

The kid has gained some popularity the past few years with recruits but I wouldnt say hes super connected. Especially to dre or uconn. Hes been at it for only a few years and is a college student that attends Louisville. Hes decent but Daniels/slater/Meyers are the guys u want to pay attention to. If they start picking uconn then that's worth something.

Uhm, i think this is wrong. The interview where dre said he was going to commit by peach jam was with jake. I think he is plugged in to whats going on with dre.

That being said, who knows. Evan daniels put a cb in for cuse about a month ago and hes 100%.

Last edited:
Uhm, i think this is wrong. The interview where dre said he was going to commit by peach jam was with jake. I think he is plugged in to whats going on with dre.

That being said, who knows. Evan daniels put a cb in for cuse about a month ago and hes 100%.
Well here’s the thing... peach jam was in July and we’re in September now... so maybe he is t as plugged in as you’d think

and it seems as though mick has pulled in the reins a bit lately, at least relative to the other 4
Yeah? I hadn’t heard that. In fact an article I just read implied UCLA had a visit this week (asst I think). Getting Mick and Fran outta this race would be nice. Dre is totally a relationship kid.

Ha - this is a wild ride.

Recruiting at this level usually is but this one has been one of the more roller coaster type ones. I think I mentioned it like 2 or 3 times before in this thread but it feels like it needs to be mentioned again no one knows for sure where this kid is going. He could end up at Uconn, here or Iowa. I think at least 3 times each fanbase thought it was a lock only for the cycle to continue all over again.

Yeah? I hadn’t heard that. In fact an article I just read implied UCLA had a visit this week (asst I think). Getting Mick and Fran outta this race would be nice. Dre is totally a relationship kid.

Yep. UCLA visited the day after we did. So did Fran.

Yeah? I hadn’t heard that. In fact an article I just read implied UCLA had a visit this week (asst I think).
but not mick himself, who has been (wisely) building his west coast relationships

Recruiting at this level usually is but this one has been one of the more roller coaster type ones. I think I mentioned it like 2 or 3 times before in this thread but it feels like it needs to be mentioned again no one knows for sure where this kid is going. He could end up at Uconn, here or Iowa. I think at least 3 times each fanbase thought it was a lock only for the cycle to continue all over again.

The Andre Jackson recruitment doesn't hold a candle to the shiitshow Taurean Thompson recruitment. And don't forget Bazely. To me even the Tyus Battle recruitment was more "rollercoastery" than Andre. He's an 18 year old kid taking his visits. Good on him.

Last edited:
People forget that even the Girard recruitment had up and downs. I remember people going crazy when pictures of him wearing Duke gear at Cameron were posted. The Goodine experience is an outlier. These kids like the free trips, attention and opportunity to sample the coeds at various campuses. Don't panic until there is good reason to do so.

Curious to get the take of the guys who were feeling good about Andre to Cuse. Anything change in your mind after the Uconn visit? Any concern this has now gone into Sept and seems destined until at least October? Hard to take the Boneyard seriously as they have had him committed about six different times already but curious to get some takes on where we think we stand.

The Andre Jackson recruitment doesn't hold a candle to the show Taurean Thompson recruitment. And don't forget Bazely. To me even the Tyus Battle recruitment was more "rollercoastery" than Andre. He's an 18 year old kid taking his visits. Good on him.
Tauren Thompson was flat out bizarre -- but even that paled in comparison to Andrew White.

Quade Green was up there, too.

Tauren Thompson was flat out bizarre -- but even that paled in comparison to Andrew White.

Quade Green was up there, too.

Forgot about TT, your right that was an out there recruitment. Quade was odd to but you got the feeling a few months before that things were trending in the wrong direction.

Curious to get the take of the guys who were feeling good about Andre to Cuse. Anything change in your mind after the Uconn visit? Any concern this has now gone into Sept and seems destined until at least October? Hard to take the Boneyard seriously as they have had him committed about six different times already but curious to get some takes on where we think we stand.

I have no inside info or recruiting connections, but I work with college students every day and I have a pretty good handle on how an 18 year old thinks.

If he commits to UCLA its understandable - LA is great, the school is good, weather is great, new coach who he knows, and he is being made a priority.

If he commits to UCONN, there is likely nothing we could have done to change his mind. He'd be making a decision on things other than academics, athletics, location, conference, history or a campus visit.

But there are a dozen people on this board who do have inside info, and share it when appropriate. You know who they are. Even if they are "feeling good" about a recruit, things can change quickly. So have a beer, relax, and count the days until the early signing period, because that's when something will probably happen.

I'm sorry for asking this because I'm sure it's been mentioned numerous times throughout this thread but Gmac is lead on this one right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom