Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, think he has plans to visit stanford.
i was worried that he'd follow symir to marquette; glad he isn't planning an official there.

stanford is an outlier in his finalists. say's he's waiting for his s.a.t.'s to set that visit. if he is a serious student & gets a stanford-level score, are they a threat? . . . not a notable bball power but that is the most beautiful campus i have ever personally visited. and of course the academics cannot be touched by the rest of his list

i was worried that he'd follow symir to marquette; glad he isn't planning an official there.

stanford is an outlier in his finalists. say's he's waiting for his s.a.t.'s to set that visit. if he is a serious student & gets a stanford-level score, are they a threat? . . . not a notable bball power but that is the most beautiful campus i have ever personally visited. and of course the academics cannot be touched by the rest of his list
Nope. His plan isnt to be around to get a completed degree

Can pretty much count this kid toward our class right now.

Actually had a couple convos this weekend and from what I was told the staff feels really good about a couple kids that are plan A guys in their recruiting board. Andre is one (obviously) and they are feeling pretty confident with Newton as well.
It seems like every time I hear the staff is "feeling good" about a recruit, the recruit goes somewhere else.

I appreciate the feel of the board on the direction this one is headed, but I'm holding onto my seat nonetheless

If this young man can finish any where near as good as Stevie Thompson and have a better shot, he's just what the Doctor ordered for this team.

Obviously Andre is intelligent if Stanford is in the picture, much like Stevie was academically, and ironically shooting is his weak point but like Thompson I'm sure he'll work on that aspect of his game and hopefully unlike Stevie...he'll improve his shot.

Get Andre to sign and a 6' 9" or so beefy/strong 235 lb forward and this team will have a very versatile and effective roster.

If this young man can finish any where near as good as Stevie Thompson and have a better shot, he's just what the Doctor ordered for this team.

Obviously Andre is intelligent if Stanford is in the picture, much like Stevie was academically, and ironically shooting is his weak point but like Thompson I'm sure he'll work on that aspect of his game and hopefully unlike Stevie...he'll improve his shot.

Get Andre to sign and a 6' 9" or so beefy/strong 235 lb forward and this team will have a very versatile and effective roster.
One thingy on your Thompson comparison, Stevie was generously listed at 6'4". He was closer to 6'2". So, Andre appears to be better suited for the forward position (even w/out Derrick Coleman rebounding..lol))).

One thingy on your Thompson comparison, Stevie was generously listed at 6'4". He was closer to 6'2". So, Andre appears to be better suited for the forward position (even w/out Derrick Coleman rebounding..lol))).
Reminds me of Derrick Jones from UK from a couple years ago

Guerrier might have been the easiest read ever

FWIW the night before Quincy's announcement both the Oregon and Syracuse staff thought he was committing to them based on their conversations with Quincy. Thankfully our staff was the one that was right.

Here are the highlights from Dre in ATL that I've been waiting see. There are a few plays that they must not have caught on video that were eye popping to see live. Still this is a good mash-up. Kid is always active on both ends. Runs the floor with ease. Can't wait to see him in transition catching an oop or slamming one on his own in The Dome. The new roof will pop off.

Here are the highlights from Dre in ATL that I've been waiting see. There are a few plays that they must not have caught on video that were eye popping to see live. Still this is a good mash-up. Kid is always active on both ends. Runs the floor with ease. Can't wait to see him in transition catching an oop or slamming one on his own in The Dome. The new roof will pop off.
He is so athletic and plays way above the rim. Loves to run and get out in the open floor. Hes going to blow the new roof off the dome! Exciting player to watch that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom