Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there’s been minimal(though some) talk about him reclassing to 2020 but let’s talk about it anyways. If Andre slips away what’s our next step? Trying to get Clarke to reclassify to 2020? Go after Addi again? Or will it be someone new not on the radar yet?

Westwood is a different world. Hard to blame him for loving it.

Question is will he care if he’s 2000 miles away from home?

Westwood is a different world. Hard to blame him for loving it.

Question is will he care if he’s 2000 miles away from home?

Given that he gave them the time of day, no.

Why are we recruiting another SG when roster is loaded with underclass guards?

While I still want him very badly(as he is a supreme athlete, the kind we haven’t had in a long time). There is just a part of me that is done with players whose jumpers are a work in progress. We’ve seen the results of too many of those types on the floor at the same time.

Insider article on 2 4 7. Cliff's notes anyone?
i posted a short summary accompanied by a small quoted section which was deleted as "rivals copyrighted content." the quoted section was certainly small enough to be covered by fair use doctrine, but whatever.

there was nothing definitive in there, but andre gave a lot of love to ucla and was tepid in his description of syracuse. it was too small a comment to weigh a judgement on, but it was not a warm & fuzzy

Why are we recruiting another SG when roster is loaded with underclass guards?

Especially one whose main weakness is not being a good shooter.
I mean, Stevie Thompson would probably not be as effective in today's game.
Otherwise, Hamidou Diallo would've been an All American.

We want him as a SF as he is listed in the thread title.

Maybe so, but how does he view himself? What position does he think he should be playing?
Because the team that lets him do that is the one he's going to.

While I still want him very badly(as he is a supreme athlete, the kind we haven’t had in a long time). There is just a part of me that is done with players whose jumpers are a work in progress. We’ve seen the results of too many of those types on the floor at the same time.

Counterpoint: we also saw in 2017 what happens when we have all guys who can shoot, and nobody who can drive or create anything off of the bounce.

We'll have a lot of shooting moving forward with Buddy, Hughes, Girard, possibly Goodine / Carey / Edwards / Ajak. Balancing that with a player who can get out in transition, create plays for themselves and others on drives, etc. helps round out the offense and make us less one-dimensional. Plus, he can be paired with other shooters, helping space the floor and giving a guy like this room to operate.

Counterpoint: we also saw in 2017 what happens when we have all guys who can shoot, and nobody who can drive or create anything off of the bounce.

We'll have a lot of shooting moving forward with Buddy, Hughes, Girard, possibly Goodine / Carey / Edwards / Ajak. Balancing that with a player who can get out in transition, create plays for themselves and others on drives, etc. helps round out the offense and make us less one-dimensional. Plus, he can be paired with other shooters, helping space the floor and giving a guy like this room to operate.

False Counterpoint is false.
2017 wasn't an issue w/ O - it was crappy D that did that team in.

Also - Carey hardly fits into the "shooting" category, at least to date.
I get that he and the Frosh are 'possibles', but I wouldn't count any chickens, or 3's, just yet.

But I agree with your main point - we can 'get away' with a guy like Andre, if he's got plenty of shooting around him, and he would and will.

False Counterpoint is false.
2017 wasn't an issue w/ O - it was crappy D that did that team in.

Also - Carey hardly fits into the "shooting" category, at least to date.
I get that he and the Frosh are 'possibles', but I wouldn't count any chickens, or 3's, just yet.

But I agree with your main point - we can 'get away' with a guy like Andre, if he's got plenty of shooting around him, and he would and will.

Never said that 2017 offense was the team's main issue, but we were one dimensional despite featuring a lineup of quality shooters at 4 of the 5 positions [5 to a lesser extent if you count when Tauren started playing more]. And in some games, having virtually no inside game and nobody who excelled creating off the dribble hurt us - even though we had three guys who were lineup staples that shot ~40% from three point range.

Complimentary variety makes an offense much more difficult to defend, and Dre does a lot of other things within a structured offensive concept that would make him valuable. Shooting is a VERY important offensive skill, but it isn't the only offensive skill.

Hey...let’s keep this about Andre Jackson please and final warning.

Just kidding. Did he really like Cali that much?

Hey...let’s keep this about Andre Jackson please and final warning.

Just kidding. Did he really like Cali that much?
what he said was:
"i had never been to the west coast before, and i really liked it. it made me open my eyes and really consider going out to the west coast. before the trip I was thinking stay east coast, but it opened my eyes to consider the west coast as an option as well."

note to admins: riv*ls cannot copyright someone else's statement. and even if they could, that is a single quote from a 13 graf article and is certainly well within fair use.​

he didn't say anything openly bad about syracuse, just a tepid description - it is "pretty nice" and he has a "decent" relationship w/the coaches

i did post that the article didn't leave me feeling warm & fuzzy, but that's just me. don't jump to conclusions based on my take.

Hes at Uconn right now

giphy.gif

his exact word . . . but the article did not necessarily print everything he said. as it was from bruin report, they have no incentive to pump up the school favored in his recruitment and are free to edit his response accordingly

I think thats the point here, gotta keep it in context, you dont go over to your friends house, eat dinner, tell your friend’s mom you loved it but that you love your mom’s cooking more. Thats just plain rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom