Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible body language from Buddy
That photo must have taken a lot of editing. First, the Jackson part, then, either getting the VA Tech or Buddy and Eli into the pic as well (or both), as VA Tech did not play at the Dome this year and the blue in the crowd suggests Duke or Buffalo, possibly.

If he qualifies for Stanford, they will be a problem for SU. He has already stated he wants to meet their qualifications. It’s a beautiful campus and a great school. Academics will play a big factor in his decision.

If he qualifies for Stanford, they will be a problem for SU. He has already stated he wants to meet their qualifications. It’s a beautiful campus and a great school. Academics will play a big factor in his decision.

Probably not the most popular take on the recruiting board but I wouldn’t be upset if he went to Stanford.

Why? This is a very confusing post.
From my experience as a diehard SU fan but holding Stanford football season tickets for 20 years because I lived and worked on the West Coast, I’ve seen Stanford’s athletic program close up for many years. Both basketball and football. It is impeccably run and (in most all cases) filled with real, high-caliber student athletes. Many Olympians have attended Stanford. Almost every year their athletic program wins the Directors Cup awarded to the top collegiate athletic program in the nation. It’s my observation that they do things right: little or no scandal, motivated student athletes who perform at a high-level and they possess quality facilities that are not over the top. In other words their athletic programs are mostly in perspective, unlike many of our peer schools in the south and northeast that are more mercenary in nature and less integrated in the way they meld athletics with academics. So my long winded point is, losing an athlete to a deserving and impeccably run program like Stanford (a team we rarely compete with) takes some of the sting out of the misfortune. I think that’s HOFCeluk’s point, although I don’t speak for him and this is not a paid endorsement :)
In any event I’m coming back for Maryland and bought STs just to guarantee a seats for Clemson.
LGO

Last edited:
From my experience as a diehard SU fan but holding Stanford football season tickets for 20 years because I lived and worked on the West Coast, I’ve seen Stanford’s athletic program close up for many years. Both basketball and football. It is impeccably run and (in most all cases) filled with real, high-caliber student athletes. Many Olympians have attended Stanford. Almost everywhere year their athletic program wins the Directors Cup awarded to the top collegiate athletic program in the nation. It’s my observation that they do things right: little or no scandal, motivated student athletes who perform at a high-level and they possess quality facilities that are not over the top. In other words their athletic programs are mostly in perspective, unlike many of our peer schools in the south and northeast that are more mercenary in nature and less integrated in the way they meld athletics with academics. So my long winded point is, losing an athlete to a deserving and impeccably run program like Stanford (a team we rarely compete with) takes some of the sting out of the misfortune. I think that’s HOFCeluk’s point though although I don’t speak for him and this is not a paid endorsement :)
In any event I’m coming back for Maryland and bought STs just to guarantee a seats for Clemson.
LGO

This is stated better than I could have so thanks.

LOL

There's nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about.

Plus, I'd be shirking my duties if I didn't remind everyone that no matter where he goes, we're still all going to die some day.
5A3F0B3B-D147-43EB-B097-9D8E763586AF.gif

From my experience as a diehard SU fan but holding Stanford football season tickets for 20 years because I lived and worked on the West Coast, I’ve seen Stanford’s athletic program close up for many years. Both basketball and football. It is impeccably run and (in most all cases) filled with real, high-caliber student athletes. Many Olympians have attended Stanford. Almost every year their athletic program wins the Directors Cup awarded to the top collegiate athletic program in the nation. It’s my observation that they do things right: little or no scandal, motivated student athletes who perform at a high-level and they possess quality facilities that are not over the top. In other words their athletic programs are mostly in perspective, unlike many of our peer schools in the south and northeast that are more mercenary in nature and less integrated in the way they meld athletics with academics. So my long winded point is, losing an athlete to a deserving and impeccably run program like Stanford (a team we rarely compete with) takes some of the sting out of the misfortune. I think that’s HOFCeluk’s point, although I don’t speak for him and this is not a paid endorsement :)
LGO

Lived in Monterey for a few years and would drive up to Palo Alto for a few games a year. Campus is as nice as it gets. Atmosphere at football games was pretty bland but I sure do miss it.

Yeah. You go after a top 50 talent in your backyard with everything you've got.

Hard to keep track of the local guys we should've gone after (Jimmer Freddette) and the guys we shouldn't.

Yeah. You go after a top 50 talent in your backyard with everything you've got.

Hard to keep track of the local guys we should've gone after (Jimmer Freddette) and the guys we shouldn't.

Sigh. Revisionist history 101.

We ALREADY HAD both Jonny AND Scoop in that class.
You wanted JB to recruit a 3rd guard??

You can't get them all.

You can't get them all.

I guess I should have laid it on thicker. I'm saying that you had people using hindsight to say we should've gone harder after Fredette and now people questioning why were going after another highly regarded Ustate NY player in Jackson. Which seems kind of silly. Yeah I who why we didn't recruit Jimmer Freddette.

So we're recruiting a SF that can't shoot? I thought we were done with that.

I think the difference here is this guy is actually an elite athlete at the D-1 level, where a lot of our other guys in the recent past were just average athletically at this level, and people confused them being “long” for being super athletic.

This guy looks like Hakim Warrick, Stevie Thompson, Dave Johnson, freakish level athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom